Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Well, for those on a previous version of Reason, the value is even better (since the Suite also includes a $129 Reason upgrade from any version). Scenic alone is going to cost $99 USD, so basically it's like buying a Reason upgrade + Scenic and another $21 nets you all of those other RE's for free.
Scenic is NOT included in the regular update, thats what I am talking about, its only in the suite, none of the interesting ones is :-( :
Included Suite plugins

Complex-1 Modular Synth
Drum Sequencer
Layers
Layers Wave Edition
Parsec Spectral Synthesizer
Polar Dual Pitch Shifter
PolyStep Sequencer
Processed Pianos
Quad Note Generator
Radical Keys
Reason Drum Kits
Reason Electric Bass
Rotor Rotary Speaker
Scenic Hybrid Instrument
Umpf Club Drums
Umpf Retro Beats

Another angle:
Let’s say I own all the Suite content already. Now, Is that consider that you own a Suite product and the included future benefits of a Suite owner?

Or do I HAVE TO upgrade uselessly (I have the content already) to Suite ($249) just to have the Suite account and its future benefits such as special upgrade content?
That would be really pushing the greed at new heights!
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Biscotto wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 pm Another angle:
Let’s say I own all the Suite content already. Now, Is that consider that you own a Suite product and the included future benefits of a Suite owner?
No.
Biscotto wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 pm Or do I HAVE TO upgrade uselessly (I have the content already) to Suite ($249) just to have the Suite account and its future benefits such as special upgrade content?
No, if you already own all of the included RE's - in your case you would buy a $129 Reason upgrade and be done. Or add on Scenic for another $99 and you've spent $228 for Reason 11 + Scenic.

You opted to buy all of those included RE's when you felt the value was fair. Have you not used them for months? Years? Does their value suddenly disappear just because they're now being offered in a bundle?

It's not greed. It's business. Shit ain't free, they're not a charity, they're a for-profit business. It's up for you to decide whether the things being offered at any given time are worth the cost to you. Obviously if you already own all of the included RE's, you felt this way?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:58 pm
Biscotto wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 pm Another angle:
No.
Biscotto wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 pm Or do I HAVE TO upgrade uselessly (I have the content already) to Suite ($249) just to have the Suite account and its future benefits such as special upgrade content?
No, if you already own all of the included RE's - in your case you would buy a $129 Reason upgrade and be done. Or add on Scenic for another $99 and you've spent $228 for Reason 11 + Scenic.

You opted to buy all of those included RE's when you felt the value was fair. Have you not used them for months? Years? Does their value suddenly disappear just because they're now being offered in a bundle?

It's not greed. It's business. Shit ain't free, they're not a charity, they're a for-profit business. It's up for you to decide whether the things being offered at any given time are worth the cost to you. Obviously if you already own all of the included RE's, you felt this way?
It has to do with future Suite updates that may only be available to Suite account owner. Nothing to do with my past usage.

Is the Suite a content only upgrade or another Account Status?
That’s my question.
Content vs Account type.

There does not seem to be a good reason to not provide existing users some sort of pro-rata credit toward the purchase of Suite if they own one or more of the Suite REs already.

Biscotto wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:14 pm It has to do with future Suite updates that may only be available to Suite account owner. Nothing to do with my past usage.

That’s my question.
Content vs Account type.
To my knowledge, it's just a content upgrade. But that's a good question - maybe send an email off to Props support for an official answer. :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

IMO they should make the pricing of the bundles like in Steam games bundles. Only count what you don't have already. This way many would buy the bundles because even if you have one product, it won't matter. Everything is counted :)

EnGee wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 pm IMO they should make the pricing of the bundles like in Steam games bundles. Only count what you don't have already. This way many would buy the bundles because even if you have one product, it won't matter. Everything is counted :)
I think that would create some problems for the right discounts and price accommodations specially if some of them could be on sales at times etc.

EnochLight wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:42 pm
Biscotto wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:14 pm It has to do with future Suite updates that may only be available to Suite account owner. Nothing to do with my past usage.

That’s my question.
Content vs Account type.
To my knowledge, it's just a content upgrade. But that's a good question - maybe send an email off to Props support for an official answer. :party:
Hopefully they have fair answer or a good excuse.

Biscotto wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:55 pm
EnGee wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 pm IMO they should make the pricing of the bundles like in Steam games bundles. Only count what you don't have already. This way many would buy the bundles because even if you have one product, it won't matter. Everything is counted :)
I think that would create some problems for the right discounts and price accommodations specially if some of them could be on sales at times etc.
Why?
The bundle is not one entity, so it can be summarised with every product price (and discount if there is), then the total price and discount. Even if the price was arbitrary calculated, it can be broken into smaller prices depends on percentage. Not even high school math required!
Reason Studio believe in yourself! You can do it! :hihi:

EnGee wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:27 pm
Biscotto wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:55 pm
Why?
The bundle is not one entity, so it can be summarised with every product price (and discount if there is), then the total price and discount. Even if the price was arbitrary calculated, it can be broken into smaller prices depends on percentage. Not even high school math required!
Reason Studio believe in yourself! You can do it! :hihi:
You’re probably right since they have no longer Propeller-Heads to think with. :hihi:

:hihi:

Silly question, what happens if I buy a Reason 10 upgrade today but don't register until next week? will I be able to upgrade to 11 as announced?
I've sent a ticket and twitter dm but had no answer yet.

citidela wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:55 am Silly question, what happens if I buy a Reason 10 upgrade today but don't register until next week? will I be able to upgrade to 11 as announced?
I recently bought an upgrade to version 5 on ebay for Reason Lite. How do you think I got the 10 version? No, I only got 5.
citidela wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:55 am will I be able to upgrade to 11 as announced?
129 to 11 or 249 11 Suite

citidela wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:55 am Silly question, what happens if I buy a Reason 10 upgrade today but don't register until next week? will I be able to upgrade to 11 as announced?
If you buy from a dealer, then he/she would provide this info on the package. If you buy this upgrade in Reason Studio website, then you would have a free upgrade:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... 0-upgrade/

But, if you buy it 2nd hand market, I doubt you would have a free upgrade to 11, unless maybe it is bought and sold recently! You need to ask Reason Studio's support to be sure.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”