Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I am a big Cloud fan and have been a subscriber since early this year.

I think a cool idea would be if Roland partnered with a VST developer to create a synth that only exists in the cloud but is a “Roland” synth whatever that means. Just like the se-02 and other analog synths were done as partnerships.

I really don’t get why the new hardware doesnt use plugouts, it seems to me like a great system, the new Fantom could have come with every single cloud synth as plugouts due to its screen. Huge missed opportunity to me.

Well. With all that off my chest; Any of the Roland nuts on here able to tell me - Do we now have ALL of the SRX waves in the Cloud? Very hard to tell what is what on the Cloud compared to the so-called "classic" expansions... Are there still more ROMplers to come? Also does anyone have any idea where the sampled Orchestral libraries are from?
With the SRX libraries, we've pretty much reached the end. All that's notably left is the Big Brass collection, Dynamic Drums, and Concert Pianos if Roland Cloud wants to go that way. The Orchestral plugin already covers the Strings and Complete Orchestra cards. SRX Dance Trax covers both Supreme Dance and Platinum Dance...

The plugins sometimes pull from not just one card, but more than one. As far as the SRX cards go, there's not really much left at all. I'd rather see them now focusing on releasing new instruments like the JD800 and the V-Synth.

Still no jp8000 emu? Shocking!!

They have the potential to make a couple of plugins with the software Roland has already developed. For example they can release other SRX expansions to complete the collection. A Fantom X/G plugin ? That wouldn't be too difficult since that is same engine as the JV/SRX. A JD 800/990 plugin ? They told us they would make one. Still waiting... SuperNatural Synth and Acoustic plugins ? The V-Piano ? That would be really interesting but I'm not expecting it.

The plugins themselves are solid, but unfortunately Roland Cloud is mired by how unbelievably slow their releases are and other things people have had complaints about like the pricing and how they offer their services.

I cancelled my Roland Cloud account, but just discovered I've been billed again for £185 (which is what I paid originally a year ago for a 12 month sub). Anyone been through the process of trying to claim this money back? I'm on a chat bot session with Xsolla at the moment.

Edit: They're going to 'review' the situation over the next 2 days and let me know if a refund is approved. I am worried about the way this happened. Would be interested to hear from anyone else who has successfully ended their account, kept their chosen instruments and not been billed again.
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Shiek927 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:39 pm The plugins themselves are solid, but unfortunately Roland Cloud is mired by how unbelievably slow their releases are and other things people have had complaints about like the pricing and how they offer their services.
Yes, I have to say that I am disappointed by the fact that we don't have any new launches since about a year. It has been just SRX expansions, and those crap libraries. I am still waiting for some more "vintage" emulations, some who have even been promised, like the JD-800. They should show something soon, or they will start to lose subscribers.
Last edited by fmr on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Ditto...don't care about their sampler engines. Why can't we get a JX-8P, Alpha Juno, Juno 60, Jupiter 4, etc?

Subscribe - never

Bring on ilok/elicenser
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:07 pm I cancelled my Roland Cloud account, but just discovered I've been billed again for £185 (which is what I paid originally a year ago for a 12 month sub). Anyone been through the process of trying to claim this money back? I'm on a chat bot session with Xsolla at the moment.

Edit: They're going to 'review' the situation over the next 2 days and let me know if a refund is approved. I am worried about the way this happened. Would be interested to hear from anyone else who has successfully ended their account, kept their chosen instruments and not been billed again.
As an update to this, they have now refunded the money. I didn't get an email to say that though and my guess is the confusion was down to the (lack of a) process they have in place for a change of customer email address. They effectively had to create a fresh account for me which meant I no longer had access to the old email's account and I reckon because that's the one I signed up with and had the payment info it was by default set to auto renew each year. I'll have to keep an eye on my Visa next September too by the look of it.

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:41 am As an update to this, they have now refunded the money. I didn't get an email to say that though and my guess is the confusion was down to the (lack of a) process they have in place for a change of customer email address. They effectively had to create a fresh account for me which meant I no longer had access to the old email's account and I reckon because that's the one I signed up with and had the payment info it was by default set to auto renew each year. I'll have to keep an eye on my Visa next September too by the look of it.
You're in the UK? Report them to the ICO - it's a GDPR breach at the very least because they're storing personal data over which you no longer have control or access.

It's crazy that they don't kill the data in defunct accounts or, at the very least, don't fully deactivate them. From the sounds of it, whoever set up the database is an idiot because having a long-term subscription service where you can't change contact details like an email is sheer madness.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:53 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:41 am As an update to this, they have now refunded the money. I didn't get an email to say that though and my guess is the confusion was down to the (lack of a) process they have in place for a change of customer email address. They effectively had to create a fresh account for me which meant I no longer had access to the old email's account and I reckon because that's the one I signed up with and had the payment info it was by default set to auto renew each year. I'll have to keep an eye on my Visa next September too by the look of it.
You're in the UK? Report them to the ICO - it's a GDPR breach at the very least because they're storing personal data over which you no longer have control or access.

It's crazy that they don't kill the data in defunct accounts or, at the very least, don't fully deactivate them. From the sounds of it, whoever set up the database is an idiot because having a long-term subscription service where you can't change contact details like an email is sheer madness.
I'll definitely do that if I am billed again next year. I'm giving them a little benefit of the doubt as it's in their terms and conditions that you can't change your email address on the account and they did find a way to do that for me even though it seemed to have an adverse side effect. I'd rather cut myself than deal with solicitors though, it's really not my thing.

Are you safe?

Is there any indication at any new instruments or synths? when was the last time there was something? 0_o

We need a JX-8P!

Angle Loss wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:13 am We need a JX-8P!
have you tried PG-8X vst?
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Return to “Instruments”