RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

That is a beautiful UI.

StrikerTheFoxy wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:07 am
dandezebra wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:53 am An easy GUI editor would be a nice addition. Come on someone who can program! Ha! I've manually done it but it's a pain in the arse.
I agree. I want to make my own theme, but the color codes for the style.ini is not like the color codes we copy and paste from an online color picker. i tried doing that, but nothing worked.
I see. Now, most color pickers display color as 24 bit (8 bit per pixel) RGB in hexadecimal. #RRGGBB. In Rapid it just includes the transparency/alpha value, so it's ARGB #AARRGGBB. Just set the first value to FF. So it's displayCurveLine=FF000000 for a solid black line. Or displayCurveFill=3F000000 for a transparent black fill and so on.

Touch The Universe wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:46 am Dope! Are we really getting a grainular ocillator?
Don't know who brought this up, since it was never mentioned, but not yet. I think it's more of a Rapid 2.0 Feature. It's not that hard to add a basic granular source / osc insert thing, but that would just sound boring. It needs more than fx amount and fx factor, so a swap-able oscillator module with more controls is necessary. Which has a workload of a whole version number in itself.

recursive one wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:41 amI like the idea of Rapid FX, do I get it right that all modulations (LFOs, steppers) will also be available in the FX version?
Exactly. The sound input is routed to the 1.Layer effects stack. From there you can use the layer modulator to modulate fx parameters, or send it to another layer. You can even use it as normal synth, if you somehow route the MIDI input to it.

New theme looks amazing. :tu: :tu: :tu:

parawave wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:16 pm
recursive one wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:41 amI like the idea of Rapid FX, do I get it right that all modulations (LFOs, steppers) will also be available in the FX version?
Exactly. The sound input is routed to the 1.Layer effects stack. From there you can use the layer modulator to modulate fx parameters, or send it to another layer. You can even use it as normal synth, if you somehow route the MIDI input to it.
Awesome, I thought about getting a multi-fx plugin, now I think I don't need it. Modulated delays, trancegates, running the glitch over the whole mix and such :party: Also the new reverbs sounded great in the examples, maybe I'll try using Rapid's reverb as a global send in some mix.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

OzoneJunkie wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:58 pm New theme looks amazing. :tu: :tu: :tu:
Indeed. I'd like to add my voice to the praise :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

It def. looks more refined. I just don't get the bright grey top bar :?:

looks very good!!

exmatproton wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:54 pm It def. looks more refined. I just don't get the bright grey top bar :?:
yes, Top and/or layer selection could be darker. Quite a contrast there.

Does Mpe will be implemented into the next version or into V2 ?
Best
YY

very good dark colors...much better then original orange

also some new presets would be lovely....

thx

Touch The Universe wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:46 am Dope! Are we really getting a grainular ocillator?
i saw it in the roadmap

exmatproton wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:54 pm It def. looks more refined. I just don't get the bright grey top bar :?:
Very nice work on the skin. :tu:
Yeah, I would darken the top ribbon somewhat.
This will yield a better contrast (more) with the orange highlights in the ribbon ; and a better contrast with the dark tones of the rest of the UI (less).

New GUI looks fabulous. :tu:

looking fwd to finger the beta!:)
looks mindblowing!

I am having quite a few issues with clicking noises on mono sounds. If I create a mono reesey type bass (https://imgur.com/a/npsf9hS) and play some notes, if the adsr hasn't reached the end of the release phase then it will click when pressing another key. I assume I am doing something wrong, but I have pretty much always been able to remove clicking from presets with other synths, and the things that have worked in the past are not working with Rapid.

It seems as though the osc is restarting, or something like that. Have I missed a setting where I can choose free-running?

Return to “Instruments”