Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It shure is, the competition is quite an organized beast.

You must become the pipeline.

Checked the pipes in my flat and found no VSTi. OP is correct, and now I need a plumber to fix the mess :scared:

IIRC SPC Audio (the ArcSyn creator) is working on a new synth... That's interesting enough for me at least :D

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:39 pm Checked the pipes in my flat and found no VSTi. OP is correct, and now I need a plumber to fix the mess :scared:

Forgotten wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:12 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:39 pm Checked the pipes in my flat and found no VSTi. OP is correct, and now I need a plumber to fix the mess :scared:
:hihi: :hihi:

Plus Super 8, Parallels, Monoment Bass, TB303, Sublab, 3 new synths in V Collection. Lion for experimental except one of the complaints is it doesn't have enough bread and butter presets. How much new stuff do you need?

polarsky wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:33 pm Plus Super 8, Parallels, Monoment Bass, TB303, Sublab, 3 new synths in V Collection. Lion for experimental except one of the complaints is it doesn't have enough bread and butter presets. How much new stuff do you need?
yes, perhaps, but nothing in the past 12 hours! :o

Skippy Lemkuhl, the PlugIn Guru, is coming out with Unify. This is going to be a great plug-in and a game changer! https://pluginguru.net/unify/. The initial price will be $59. I hope that other developers will come up with creative plug-ins like this.

Videos in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=532781

tony10000 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:55 am So, among the major devs, only Rob Papen, NI, Melda, and Kilohearts have put out something new. And Europa was removed from the market as a VSTi.
Wonder why Europa was removed.
It is still in my account under vst but when i click on the link to get to the Europa page it shows 404 Error.
If i click on the download button the page shows up for download.
Seems like a weird move after all the hype it started with everywhere about the amazing Europa Vst.

Happy that i did keep a copy of it and my serial for it just in case something else happens.

tony10000 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:02 am It seems that since Steinberg shut down new VST2 development, there hasn't been a lot of new synth activity (though many companies are working on updates). What is going on?
There's no correlation at all.

If there are no new plugins to buy, I may actually have to learn to use what I already have.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:38 pm If there are no new plugins to buy, I may actually have to learn to use what I already have.
reported!

JerGoertz wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:38 pm If there are no new plugins to buy, I may actually have to learn to use what I already have.
What a depressing thought... :cry: :hihi:

I am looking forward to seeing what Unify can do and what will become of it.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Instruments”