Has the VSTi pipeline dried up?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:34 pm So is Zebra 3 now next year? Or was it always next year? I lose track.
It's always next year. :wink: :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:34 pm So is Zebra 3 now next year? Or was it always next year? I lose track.
I don't recall mentioning a release date ever. You haven't lost track, it wasn't ever there.

If Catalina support doesn't mess up the rest of the year for me, then yes, there's a good chance we'll see some progress on Z3 next year.

However, please don't hijack this thread on my behalf. There's support forum for our stuff where those discussions belong.

Urs wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:37 am If Catalina support doesn't mess up the rest of the year for me, then yes, there's a good chance we'll see some progress on Z3 next year.
Apple seems to be very adept at wasting developer's time...

tony10000 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:14 am
Urs wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:37 am If Catalina support doesn't mess up the rest of the year for me, then yes, there's a good chance we'll see some progress on Z3 next year.
That's actually quite on topic. So from January, anyone who's bought a new Mac or who updates his system will be unable to use software which wasn't signed a certain way with a certain type of security mechanism. The good thing about that is, finally it's gonna be very difficult to use cracked software. The bad thing: I reckon a whole lot of dated software will just fall off the grid. The market on Mac will be "unsaturated" from abandoned stuff overnight.

Man, I still haven't gotten over the demise of 8-track. Any sign that Windows will have similar security mechanism soon?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Urs wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:33 am
tony10000 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:14 am
That's actually quite on topic. So from January, anyone who's bought a new Mac or who updates his system will be unable to use software which wasn't signed a certain way with a certain type of security mechanism. The good thing about that is, finally it's gonna be very difficult to use cracked software. The bad thing: I reckon a whole lot of dated software will just fall off the grid. The market on Mac will be "unsaturated" from abandoned stuff overnight.
Is this what you are talking about?

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=09032019a

tony10000 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:01 amIs this what you are talking about?
Yep.

Dirtgrain wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:30 am Man, I still haven't gotten over the demise of 8-track. Any sign that Windows will have similar security mechanism soon?
I'm not a developer, but I guess that Windows Smartscreen could be along a similar vein, although it is entirely optional at the moment. Apple have long been rumoured to be wanting their app store to be the only way you can acquire software and I think this could be another step towards that.

Linux anyone?

I would loose probably less software if I switch to Linux than upgrading to Catalina... Biggest drawback, Max/MSP doesn‘t run, maybe Cycling does the switch now that Apple looses al sense for user needs...
If security is more expensive than the possible loss, just drop it...

Wait, is Zebra 3 still a real thing? People have been talking about it since I joined KVR :D
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Urs wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:33 am That's actually quite on topic. So from January, anyone who's bought a new Mac or who updates his system will be unable to use software which wasn't signed a certain way with a certain type of security mechanism. The good thing about that is, finally it's gonna be very difficult to use cracked software. The bad thing: I reckon a whole lot of dated software will just fall off the grid. The market on Mac will be "unsaturated" from abandoned stuff overnight.
That does seem to be the main reason people complain about the change, but to be honest I don’t really ever feel the need to hold on to aging software. If it’s not being updated and it becomes a hassle to keep it working, I’d rather drop it.

I get why people do want to keep hold of their older software, but I think it’s a good opportunity to look at new options.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:37 pm Wait, is Zebra 3 still a real thing? People have been talking about it since I joined KVR :D
Its with all these GAS junkies longing for new versions. The devs protect these users from spending unnecessarily money. Is there anything missing in Zebra 2? If not you know why there is no Zebra 3...

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:37 pm Wait, is Zebra 3 still a real thing? People have been talking about it since I joined KVR :D
let me reiterate:
Urs wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:37 amHowever, please don't hijack this thread on my behalf. There's support forum for our stuff where those discussions belong.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:41 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:33 am That's actually quite on topic. So from January, anyone who's bought a new Mac or who updates his system will be unable to use software which wasn't signed a certain way with a certain type of security mechanism. The good thing about that is, finally it's gonna be very difficult to use cracked software. The bad thing: I reckon a whole lot of dated software will just fall off the grid. The market on Mac will be "unsaturated" from abandoned stuff overnight.
That does seem to be the main reason people complain about the change, but to be honest I don’t really ever feel the need to hold on to aging software. If it’s not being updated and it becomes a hassle to keep it working, I’d rather drop it.

I get why people do want to keep hold of their older software, but I think it’s a good opportunity to look at new options.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :nutter:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”