RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Not at my computer rn, but I think in the bottom right? of the oscillator display panel is random, set this to 100 for free running. Although saying that, I get clicks with a single oscillator in mono which no amount of fiddling with the envelopes seems to help.

Thanks for the reply, but I have that random set to 100%.

Looking into it a bit more and the clicking happens anytime you set the voices to 1 although looking through some of the factory presets and changing them to one voice I don't seem to hear as much clicking...hmmmm.

This seems like quite a flaw, but again there might be something I am not doing, or doing incorrectly as I have only had the synth for a day! :)

This example https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NbOvC ... xZCrFyKIxd is using a factory wavetable, 7x unison, 1 voice

Amp env
A - 37ms
D - 267ms
S - Max
R - 2.53s

Filter env
A - 22ms
D - 3.65s
S - Min
R - 327ms

These values are a bit strange as I was just moving things around trying to get rid of the click.

Just tested. Same here. One voice. Clicking no matter what the envelope shape. Maybe drop them an email.

The new GUI looks top notch, well done. :) Should also blend in nicely with Studio One's GUI.

Clicking problem. We fixed it and it's available in 1.7. btw. @cb8rwh great idea to let the osc run. we made it exactly like this.
peace!

Wahey! Thanks very much for getting back to me :tu:

I am looking forward to 1.7 then!!

cb8rwh wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:04 pm Wahey! Thanks very much for getting back to me :tu:

I am looking forward to 1.7 then!!
No problem. Is it possible to hear your RAPID sounds? :-)

lol, I only bought it yesterday! Give me a little while :D

Mik_lo wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:39 pm Just tested. Same here. One voice. Clicking no matter what the envelope shape. Maybe drop them an email.
Most of the time you can avoid it by activating mono legato and using overlapping notes.
But since it's not truely monophonic, this was fixed and improved quite a bit in 1.7, together with a better voice stealing method and smoother blending if a note is really robbed.

Excellent. Thanks for your reply. Eagerly awaiting this update. 😁

Do we know when it's due for release?

cb8rwh wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:40 pm Do we know when it's due for release?
No. Definitely this month. 98% of the work is done. Only some minor adjustments in the UI, preset creation and QA are left.
You don't want bugs in your product right? :wink:

Haha, yeah that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.

Hello, I'm using Rapid since release and I like it, great sounds and good workflow! :tu:

But there is still something I don't understand. I watched your tutorial videos and there you explained, that Rapid offers 8 full seperate synths, right? But it's only possible to load one preset from the factory or expansion presets. Of course that presets often have more than one layer and that's the reason but if I'll buy an expansion and want to use more presets simultaneous I have to load many instances of Rapid and have to link them all in my DAW to my keys if I want to play with splits and modulation and so on. So that kills the Rapid workflow hardly! :D

I''m using Omnisphere, too and there you can load single preset layers in 8 layer slots and build multi sets with them so I can load a presets bass and a preset arp and so on. So there you have really 8 separate synths and it would be great if that would be possible in Rapid, too because at the moment it only offers one synth with 8 layers, right? :D

If that is still possible and I don't got it, sorry! :)

Return to “Instruments”