A new updated version of Eventide Omnipressor has just been released.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aloysius wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:18 pm A new updated version of Eventide Omnipressor has just been released.
Lol :clap: :party: :hihi: :tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

bmanic wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:21 am Anyhow, is there a place where I can get the installer for the previous version? The new version overwrites the old one and to my ears it sounds quite different. This is unfortunate. I'd like to have both versions side by side and for backwards compatibility.
+1. I'd like to have the previous installer too. My impression is that the new version sounds less dirty; could it be that the new GUI fools my brain and stuff?

mkII Eventide effects are some of the best Native options.

What were the improvements over the mkI Omnipressor?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

This new update adds a Mix control and Input/Output Gain knobs.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

i hope the phaser gets a mix knob too

sqigls wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:06 pm i hope the phaser gets a mix knob too
In its manual on page 4:

Depth Is Mix!

Many modulation type effects provide a mix control. In fact, it is impossible to achieve most modulation-type effects without a mix control. By definition these effects are created by combining the dry input signal with some affected signal. This signal is usually phase shifted by means of a phase shift network, or time delayed by a digital delay line or bucket brigade device. The Instant Phaser has a mix knob, but rather than being labeled Mix, it is called Depth. At 0% the output is entirely the phase shifted signal, so you will hear a slight detuning effect. At 100% it is an even mix of the dry and wet signal for full phasing effect.

Why is it called Depth, you ask? As you add more of the dry signal to the delayed signal nulls appear in the output spectrum. These nulls get deeper as the two signals approach equal amplitude. Hence you are controlling the depth of the nulls!

And there are Sends in every (serious) DAW...

e@rs wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:17 am
bmanic wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:21 am Anyhow, is there a place where I can get the installer for the previous version? The new version overwrites the old one and to my ears it sounds quite different. This is unfortunate. I'd like to have both versions side by side and for backwards compatibility.
+1. I'd like to have the previous installer too. My impression is that the new version sounds less dirty; could it be that the new GUI fools my brain and stuff?
The .dll alone should suffice. I still have the old one... just not sure if I am allowed to share it.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

yeah but it's not the same as a mix knob.
Calenberger wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:25 pm
In its manual on page 4:

Depth Is Mix!

Many modulation type effects provide a mix control. In fact, it is impossible to achieve most modulation-type effects without a mix control. By definition these effects are created by combining the dry input signal with some affected signal. This signal is usually phase shifted by means of a phase shift network, or time delayed by a digital delay line or bucket brigade device. The Instant Phaser has a mix knob, but rather than being labeled Mix, it is called Depth. At 0% the output is entirely the phase shifted signal, so you will hear a slight detuning effect. At 100% it is an even mix of the dry and wet signal for full phasing effect.

Why is it called Depth, you ask? As you add more of the dry signal to the delayed signal nulls appear in the output spectrum. These nulls get deeper as the two signals approach equal amplitude. Hence you are controlling the depth of the nulls!

sqigls wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:41 pm yeah but it's not the same as a mix knob.
Calenberger wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:25 pm
In its manual on page 4:

Depth Is Mix!

Okay, nothing gives better feelings than a big knob :D
Agreed! :oops:

jens wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:33 pm
e@rs wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:17 am
The .dll alone should suffice. I still have the old one... just not sure if I am allowed to share it.
Thanx, jens! :hug:

But first I'll ask Eventide if they can provide the previous version installer.

Both the Eventide Omnipressor and SP2016 plugins capture the characteristics of the original hardware very well.

Both still sound excellent.

Bought a 2nd-hand license from a fellow KVR'ist in the Sell & Buy forum:

Definitely glad I did - many thanks to the helpful posters in this thread who brought it to my attention. I've been discovering a lot of the Eventide plugins this month. :phones: Not sure how they slipped under my radar (except for Blackhole) for so long... :o

Great discount again now...
To buy or not to buy?
Any opinions, btw?

Saw wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:29 pm Great discount again now...
To buy or not to buy?
Any opinions, btw?
We offer a 30-day fully-functional demo so feel free to try before you buy.

Saw wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:29 pm Great discount again now...
To buy or not to buy?
Any opinions, btw?
I know there are more compressors out there than bad politicians. This one is not your usual compressor at all. I'd give it a try. You won't find another one like this one.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Return to “Effects”