UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

BERFAB wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 pm Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but is there an FX vst for F2 that allows you to us the FX etc. in your DAW?
No, and I wouldn't expect it to happen either.

This is an OUTSTANDING update!
Thank you VERY MUCH!

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 pm
BERFAB wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 pm Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but is there an FX vst for F2 that allows you to us the FX etc. in your DAW?
But being able to route the fx output to a separate bus would be helpful already. Since from my point of view, it is a reason to not use the very good Falcon fx at all, or a lot less.

I’m watching this on my Roku right now. I just bought Falcon on sale like, three weeks ago. Looks like I need to get back over to the UVI website and update tonight

https://youtu.be/OHlQm7tFUPc
Last edited by W23 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

W23 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:56 pm I’m watching this on my Roku right now. I just bought Falcon 3 weeks ago. Looks like I need to get back over to the UVI website and update tonight

But you already bought Falcon 3? Why do you need 2 when you have a time machine :D

I am always forgetting how this works: Can I edit an LFO directly in the modulation popup? Also below the keymap view, let's say there is a "modulation" tab, nothing happens, if I click the expand arrow.

Also I have the feeling that Falcon 2 runs a bit more performant?

qoyl wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:59 pm
W23 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:56 pm I’m watching this on my Roku right now. I just bought Falcon 3 weeks ago. Looks like I need to get back over to the UVI website and update tonight

But you already bought Falcon 3? Why do you need 2 when you have a time machine :D
:lol:

The new resizable and crisp interface alone is a dream. So much better to work with!

I didn't see this mentioned in the launch videos - is there a way to see which presets are new with version 2?

EDIT: I had the presets installed wrong. I see now they are clearly marked, however I wish the preset browser worked better for finding these.
Last edited by daily patcher on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why not? It´s a great idea. Hard to implement?
Or what if Falcon was able to host 3rd party plugins? I´m sure this would open up new sound design worlds.

qoyl wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:59 pm

Good one!

enCiphered wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:15 pm
Why not? It´s a great idea. Hard to implement?
Or what if Falcon was able to host 3rd party plugins? I´m sure this would open up new sound design worlds.
There is a way to do this... probably reluctantly, because it requires some rethinking.

If you say for instance have about 10-20 vocal tracks or instrument tracks as wave, flac, mp3 or mp4, you could import those inside of Falcon as individual keygroups. So in other words, treat your takes in your DAW as oscillators in Falcon. With them imported as different keygroups (say for instance, 20 takes as 20 keygroups) you can trigger them by MIDI (either set them as loops or as one shots) and apply Falcon's myriad of audio processing from there.

I know this is not the same as having a dedicated effects module, but in theory, it's really the same thing.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Awesome, a free update, thanx UVI :)

Does Falcon 2 install over the old one ?
More BPM please

enCiphered wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:15 pm Why not? It´s a great idea. Hard to implement?
I guess one of obviously reasons it's due to such effects like Sparkverb, which sell as separate FX, and in case of falkon FX will be just no sense to buy them. Or at least it will affect the essence of their separateness.
(Though, Sparkverb in single form have some his advantages, but nonetheless)

enCiphered wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:05 pm The new resizable and crisp interface alone is a dream. So much better to work with!
Scalability was added to Falcon some time ago, it's not new in F2.
enCiphered wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:15 pmWhy not? It´s a great idea. Hard to implement?
I'd say it's more of a conscious choice on the side of UVI. They already sell the most sought after FX separately.

Hosting 3rd party plugins would open a new can of worms, much rather :)

Return to “Instruments”