UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

dionenoid wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:33 pmDoes Falcon 2 install over the old one ?
This was answered already.

I love the sound of falcon, but that user interface is horrifically bad. Oh my god. I can figure out every other "big" vst synth, but falcon kills me every time. It takes me forever and a day just to figure out how to add a soundsource to a blank patch. It sounds great but good god it is frustrating to work with. It takes so long, like reading alien heiroglyphics every time I try to make a patch with it.

josh11778 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:25 pm I love the sound of falcon, but that user interface is horrifically bad. Oh my god. I can figure out every other "big" vst synth, but falcon kills me every time. It takes me forever and a day just to figure out how to add a soundsource to a blank patch. It sounds great but good god it is frustrating to work with. It takes so long, like reading alien heiroglyphics every time I try to make a patch with it.
If you want to make the music of our alien overlords you must first learn their language :borg:
Last edited by daily patcher on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qoyl wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:30 pm
josh11778 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:25 pm I love the sound of falcon, but that user interface is horrifically bad. Oh my god. I can figure out every other "big" vst synth, but falcon kills me every time. It takes me forever and a day just to figure out how to add a soundsource to a blank patch. It sounds great but good god it is frustrating to work with. It takes so long, like reading alien heiroglyphics every time I try to make a patch with it.
If you want to make the music of our alien overlords your must first learn their language :borg:
I'm ready to give it more effort, I am a huge fan of Falcon. But every time I sit down and try to make a new sound with it I end up banging my head against the wall screaming "why???" I quickly figured out all the other "big" vst synths, but falcon is the one I still struggle with every time. I will spend more effort on it, I know it's worth it.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:09 pm
dionenoid wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:33 pmDoes Falcon 2 install over the old one ?
This was answered already.
Typing "yes" would have been easier :roll:
More BPM please

josh11778 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:25 pm It takes me forever and a day just to figure out how to add a soundsource to a blank patch.
It's drag the source & drop it to notes zone, bragging about how long it takes you do do a drag & drop doesn't shine a positive light on you :)

Joking aside, here's a tip: always divide your workflow. Allocate time to do sound design, separate from the production session. Make your own fixed-architecture synths or granular presets or drum kits or whatever. Then when you're in a project, load the basic preset and just tweak it. If I need a sound in the middle of the project, I set a timer on the desk (20-30 minutes to one hour, depending on what I try to achive) and I stop when the timer ends and work with what I got. I am not a sound designer, not doing preset packs so my time is tight for such (sound design) tasks.

If I don't set very hard boundaries (timed sessions, a limited selection of instruments, number of tracks etc) when working with unlimited possiblitities, I'm F'd. This is how it works for me, feel free to try it.

I would say, it's just homogeneous visually, which may cause some discouragement (despondency), and main style of elements is "too ordinary". Maybe the presence of some styling would help (like hardware look etc). But in terms of managing all this, it seems to me that everything is conveniently (standard) thought out, as a can say time-tested ideology. Without special exoticism which could cause bewilderment. "Alien heiroglyphics" it's closer to creating patches in MaxMsp\Bidule.
Last edited by c_voltage on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enCiphered wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:15 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 pm
BERFAB wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 pm Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but is there an FX vst for F2 that allows you to us the FX etc. in your DAW?
No, and I wouldn't expect it to happen either.
Why not? It´s a great idea. Hard to implement?
Or what if Falcon was able to host 3rd party plugins? I´m sure this would open up new sound design worlds.
I actually assumed it was because UVI offers separate premium FX products. This is not an essential feature for me, but I thought it would be fun to play around with the new FX that way.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Wonderful surprise gift—thank you UVI!

Query inspired by new features:
(No doubt asked before, so can someone maybe point to it?—TIA)

I'm wondering how to set up a sequencing Event or event stack so that it will stay as is while different presets are loaded for the event/s to target; I'm assuming that this would be within the powers of the various layers or multis options, I hope?

- any changes in the CPU usage?
- will it still work on win7?

TrekStar wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:03 am - any changes in the CPU usage?
- will it still work on win7?
https://www.uvi.net/falcon#tech-specs
COMPATIBILITY
Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX, Windows (8+), Mac (OS X 10.8+), we've got you covered. Falcon's core has been optimized for efficient performance on all popular platforms and DAWs.

josh11778 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:25 pm I love the sound of falcon, but that user interface is horrifically bad. Oh my god. I can figure out every other "big" vst synth, but falcon kills me every time.
User-specific. One of the best interfaces for me. And i don't need to have a 4K screen to use it, because one angry-named synth with not-so-good interface is so bad when scaled down...
iswr

The best sounding synth i've ever heard, with the best effects of any synth. I regret selling it here, but you can get so lost in sound designing you simply have little time left to make music. And now they've made it even deeper. Great. I may just have to buy this again.

josh11778 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 pm
qoyl wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:30 pm
If you want to make the music of our alien overlords your must first learn their language :borg:
I'm ready to give it more effort, I am a huge fan of Falcon. But every time I sit down and try to make a new sound with it I end up banging my head against the wall screaming "why???" I quickly figured out all the other "big" vst synths, but falcon is the one I still struggle with every time. I will spend more effort on it, I know it's worth it.
Its a synth that you have to learn it, once that is done you know it, so it appears that you don't know how to use it. Also you sound like you have a lot of money to spend that Falcon's investment is a joke to you, you don't take it seriously, otherwise you wouldn't say these

c_voltage wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:54 pm
I would say, it's just homogeneous visually, which may cause some discouragement (despondency), and main style of elements is "too ordinary". Maybe the presence of some styling would help (like hardware look etc). But in terms of managing all this, it seems to me that everything is conveniently (standard) thought out, as a can say time-tested ideology. Without special exoticism which could cause bewilderment. "Alien heiroglyphics" it's closer to creating patches in MaxMsp\Bidule.
I agree. They’re not doing themselves any favors by making everything look nearly identical. That said, this isn’t a synth that you learn in the sense that most synths are learned. It’s more a matter of learning their design philosophy. It’s a lot like Melda plugins, in that respect. I had trouble at first, but after watching all the UVI tutorials, I got it and now I find it pretty easy to get around. It’s pretty logically laid out.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”