[rock:] She cries at home

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"She cries at home" ... what can I do?
But serioulsy, this is our new song:

direct link: http://enroe.bplaced.net/21_mn/23_songs ... t_home.mp3

animation link (on band-website): "She cries at home"

video link: video

The song shows a happy business saleslady and some resulting
downsides of such a life (if anyone bothers).

Thank you if you listened. And yes: Every feedback is appreciated.
And .... maybe you like it. :wink:

Greetinx, enroe.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Really, really like this. Very well done. Has a definite Duran Duran 80s feel to it.

I like the it; pop rock with a retro feel to it for the most part.

Two things that struck me while listening:
  • The vocals (particularly in the chorus) sound a bit strange - like there's too much autotune on them. It's most pronounced in the chorus, especially the quick high phrase (which also sounds like a comping edit when it goes down again). Takes away a bit of the retro feel and doesn't sound right to me. If it's not autotune, then it's something else that is making the voice sound unnatural to me.
  • I'm missing a snare backbeat and the drum panning seems very wide. That backbeat would be required for a true retro 80s feel (if that's what you're going for) with a proper snare with some smack to it. And maybe even gated reverb, if that's your thing.
Both of which are at least in part personal preference, so if you like what you've got, then it's just me and my personal peculiarities. But maybe it gives you food for thought.

It's a good song, and I particularly enjoyed the instrumentation. It's also nice to see a video with effort put into it and telling an actual story!

wagtunes wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:49 pm Really, really like this. Very well done. Has a definite Duran Duran 80s feel to it.
Thank you. I'm glad you like it. :)
I myself never listenend to Duran Duran, but maybe I'll do it now. :party:

sjm wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:15 pm I like the it; pop rock with a retro feel to it for the most part.

Two things that struck me while listening:
  • The vocals (particularly in the chorus) sound a bit strange - like there's too much autotune on them. It's most pronounced in the chorus, especially the quick high phrase (which also sounds like a comping edit when it goes down again). Takes away a bit of the retro feel and doesn't sound right to me. If it's not autotune, then it's something else that is making the voice sound unnatural to me.
  • I'm missing a snare backbeat and the drum panning seems very wide. That backbeat would be required for a true retro 80s feel (if that's what you're going for) with a proper snare with some smack to it. And maybe even gated reverb, if that's your thing.
Both of which are at least in part personal preference, so if you like what you've got, then it's just me and my personal peculiarities. But maybe it gives you food for thought.

It's a good song, and I particularly enjoyed the instrumentation. It's also nice to see a video with effort put into it and telling an actual story!
Thank you for your ample listening. :)

Point one: Interesting - I had quite a time to construct these
chorus vocals out of many phrases. Maybe this "assembling"
is not the most natural way.

Point two: Yes thanks, drum panning is always maximal in
our songs (ride full left, hihat full right, ... ). And I will pick up
the idea of a punchier snare ... mmh.

Thank you Steve!

Nice. Liked the vocals very much.
The vocal panning effects in the chorus were especially good.
It does remind me of an 80s band, (not Duran Duran actually), but another one that escapes me for now.
I did think it has a little bit of Trevor Horn influence though.
:tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”