Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

AdvancedFollower wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:05 pm Though I agree the upgrade price of V6 to V7 was too high, and should have been €99 without waiting for some BF deal, I feel like I'm getting good value from Arturia. I got the 3 delays for €49, 9 effects (3 comps, preamps and filters) for €99, as well as Pigments for €69. Also, they have released several updates to V6 instruments after V7 was released, including Analog Lab V4 and B-3 V2. As for the V7 upgrade, I'm voting with my wallet and not buying it unless it drops to €99 or below. Might even skip it and go straight to V8 whenever that comes out. It's not like I don't have enough synths already...
Upgrading from v5 to v6 at the initial upgrade price was the last time I'm upgrading to the next version at €199. If they would have gone for €149 initially, I would have upgraded, but that's their loss.

I have been a customer for so many years, always been upgrading to the next release, every time. I also have, as mentioned, Pigments, the SparkLE (with all expansions), the KeyLab 61 MkII (which is my second Arturia keyboard) and the AudioFuse.

My first keyboard broke after a couple of months, and I had to send it to the repair shop, and my AudioFuse has been a problem from the very first day. Sending information about my issues (at two difference occasions) and having had long email discussions with their support, but they totally ignored my problems, and they said they couldn't replicate them. Then, a year later, they released a new firmware, and new driverse, and guess what, my problems with the audio interface were gone.

I'm happy though they released a couple of plugins for they AudioFuse customers, that was a great surprise. M12-Filter, all three Pre-Amps, the Comp FET-76 and Delay Tape 201 I got for free, so all is almost forgotten :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I’ve got weird stuff going on with Arturia products.

The ASC software just will not download and install anything, I get “download error” but for some reason It will download and install Mellotron but everything else fails...
I’ve been working with Arturia support and they’re out of ideas for me to try.
Anyone else had this issue or have any tips on getting it fixed?

simmo75 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pmAnyone else had this issue or have any tips on getting it fixed?
I am not sure what you have already tried. The first thing I would try to do is move the "Arturia Software Center" folder out of "C:\ProgramData\Arturia\" and then re-run ASC. ASC should recreate that folder when it is run again, and if it cannot, that is one problem to figure out straight away.

The above instructions are for Windows; there should be an equivalent way to accomplish the same thing in OSX.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

simmo75 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pm I’ve got weird stuff going on with Arturia products.

The ASC software just will not download and install anything, I get “download error” but for some reason It will download and install Mellotron but everything else fails...
If you've already contacted Arturia's support, they may have suggested this, but have you tried using the direct download option and bypassing ASC?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:30 am
simmo75 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pm I’ve got weird stuff going on with Arturia products.

If you've already contacted Arturia's support, they may have suggested this, but have you tried using the direct download option and bypassing ASC?

Steve
Yeah, that’s what I ended up doing.

Thanks for your replies guys.

starflakeprj wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:03 pm
guefe wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:32 pm Yes. Another few months later it still shows 299 as upgrade price. Strange tactics...
As an owner of V6, Pigments, Spark and several FX this is a huge disappointment.
You just lost my loyality, Arturia.
I feel you. In the same situation myself, owning v6, Pigments, SparkLE, KeyLab 61 MkII and AudioFuse. No extras for being a loyal customer for years, they rader monetizing extra from the loyal ones.

Rob Papen, on the other hand, understands how customers should be treated.
Guess we have to wait for a sale. As I just wrote to Arturia, to tell them (again) some customers thoughts about the update price, they murmered something about a sale later this year. So let's see.
And sure, beside this, I am more than contented with Arturia stuff and value. Though, the update pricing of Arturia for loyal/longterm customers should change!

I wonder what their next product(s) will be? As we all know, usually they work on a few at a time and then release a new version of the V Collection.

Examigan wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:09 am I wonder what their next product(s) will be? As we all know, usually they work on a few at a time and then release a new version of the V Collection.
I think many people (myself included) are hoping for some Ensoniq emulations, or maybe a relatively early E-MU sampler. Or maybe some early Akai or Kawai synths? Akai had a couple of interesting synths in the early '80s (though nothing particularly game-changing), and Kawai did some interesting things with additive synthesis. But Ensoniq did quite a bit in the synthesis game, and Arturia hasn't done anything with Ensoniq yet, so....

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Would love to see an Ensoniq DP/4 or DP4 + but they would needs the roms for that.

Preferably without the noise.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I keep my inputs on my DP/4 to about 10 O' Clock and the outputs on about 2:00 and get the input signal from my DAW just below the red LED trigger - I don't notice the noise if I can get those settings working. The preamp and filter algorithms are inherently noisy though so no matter what you do they are dirty at least on my box.
BONES wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:13 am Preferably without the noise.

I had a DP/4 to go with my ASR-10. At the time I never noticed but once I started working on PC, I became far less tolerant of noise and the DP/4 was far and away the worst offender in my set-up. It was a great, super-powerful combo, though, so I put up with it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I won't be happy when mine bites the dust.
BONES wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:08 pm I had a DP/4 to go with my ASR-10. At the time I never noticed but once I started working on PC, I became far less tolerant of noise and the DP/4 was far and away the worst offender in my set-up. It was a great, super-powerful combo, though, so I put up with it.

New happy customer here. :) I recently upgraded to Cubase 10 and needed 64 bit replacements for my no longer supported 32-bit plugins. I used to have lots of emulations of classic keyboards, many of which had been freebies.
Unfortunately good free 64-bit replacements are not that easy to obtain (yes, I am looking at you, social media lockers :x ).
Now I do not mind going for a paid option but I still expected to be in for a long search. That is until I found this V collection which had just about all of my "lost" instruments in one package!

At first I considered buying maybe 3 or 4 single instruments from Arturia but I quickly noticed that it is much cheaper to just buy the whole collection. Apparently Arturia is just offering these single V instruments as bait to make people buy the collection. And I have to admit that I gladly fell for it. :roll:
By the way, if you live in Europe you can get V Collection 7 from a retailer for less than the official website states. I got the boxed version for €369 ($406).

mountainmaster wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:49 pm New happy customer here. :) I recently upgraded to Cubase 10 and needed 64 bit replacements for my no longer supported 32-bit plugins. I used to have lots of emulations of classic keyboards, many of which had been freebies.
Unfortunately good free 64-bit replacements are not that easy to obtain (yes, I am looking at you, social media lockers :x ).
Now I do not mind going for a paid option but I still expected to be in for a long search. That is until I found this V collection which had just about all of my "lost" instruments in one package!

At first I considered buying maybe 3 or 4 single instruments from Arturia but I quickly noticed that it is much cheaper to just buy the whole collection. Apparently Arturia is just offering these single V instruments as bait to make people buy the collection. And I have to admit that I gladly fell for it. :roll:
By the way, if you live in Europe you can get V Collection 7 from a retailer for less than the official website states. I got the boxed version for €369 ($406).
Good stuff. VCollection is a useful tool.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Instruments”