So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They did. :)

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:55 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:49 am I have to be honest with you. I've been kinda playin' you guys on. I don't really care if it is or isn't dead, but I did enjoy getting a rise out of those that took things so seriously.

thanks for ruining my favourite psychopath :(
But he is :lol:

I know, I know hink, HPC, I'll stop.........

If it runs on a current OS (more so if it is cross platform) I don't think it can be justifiably deemed "dead". It certainly isn't abandoned. Do so if it amuses you of course (love the Trump as Joker bit) but even it it is only updated for compatibility reasons and doesn't grow new features it is still ticking in my book. I'd agree if you said it wasn't aging well but it isn't in the coffin quite yet.

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:08 pm
Aliens wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:05 am Like Vurt's new bong, above, I don't think people will buy that.
im thinking of marketing them at festivals, two markets in one :)
freshness for the ladies and a fine implement for consumers of the beautiful weed :)
(stoner ladies are basically saving money and packing space)
A lot more chance of buy for that than 'it was all just a joke' :lol:

Scotty wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:41 am If it runs on a current OS (more so if it is cross platform) I don't think it can be justifiably deemed "dead". It certainly isn't abandoned. Do so if it amuses you of course (love the Trump as Joker bit) but even it it is only updated for compatibility reasons and doesn't grow new features it is still ticking in my book. I'd agree if you said it wasn't aging well but it isn't in the coffin quite yet.
You're probably right.

To me Guitar Rig is sadly deader than some discontinued plugins like Tremor where i can actually see something without having to pinch my eyes even on my current laptop from 2010. On my next setup with an even higher resolution screen it will literally completely unusable for sure.
I'd be completely fine if “all they did“ was updating the interface to be actually usable on modern hardware. I think they also missed a big opportunity or at least didn't unleash Guitar Rig's full potential when they didn't make all of their separate effects plugins, where it makes sense, also to be usable inside Guitar Rig... you know, like Driver, the Crush Pack, or Replika, etc.
Still a great program nevertheless in it's current form, if the GUI wasn't that tiny.
The individual existing effects may be “outdated“, but as a multi effects rack it imo still does a stellar job, especially with the ease of use of it's step sequencers, LFOs, envelopes and other modifiers
Last edited by FapFilter on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:55 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:49 am I have to be honest with you. I've been kinda playin' you guys on. I don't really care if it is or isn't dead, but I did enjoy getting a rise out of those that took things so seriously.

thanks for ruining my favourite psychopath :(
Err, which one of them?
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

I'd add Waves, Universal Audio, Cubase (still not completely HD ready), Reason and bunch of the others to the sin of incompatible hi-resolution list. I've given up waiting and now run a 1080p monitor on an arm often 2 feet from my face.

FapFilter wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:42 pm To me Guitar Rig is sadly deader than some discontinued plugins like Tremor where i can actually see something without having to pinch my eyes even on my current laptop from 2010. On my next setup with an even higher resolution screen it will literally completely unusable for sure.
I'd be completely fine if “all they did“ was updating the interface to be actually usable on modern hardware. I think they also missed a big opportunity or at least didn't unleash Guitar Rig's full potential when they didn't make all of their separate effects plugins, where it makes sense, also to be usable inside Guitar Rig... you know, like Driver, the Crush Pack, or Replika, etc.
Still a great program nevertheless in it's current form, if the GUI wasn't that tiny.
The individual existing effects may be “outdated“, but as a multi effects rack it imo still does a stellar job, especially with the ease of use of it's step sequencers, LFOs, envelopes and other modifiers
Last edited by Scotty on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

True, though for me it's just GR for which i sadly haven't found any adequate replacement yet.
OK, not entirely true as i still miss a few UAD plugins like Timecube, EMT 140, Studer, or Fatso as i left that platform long time ago. Wasn't GUI size related back then though, but it felt more like a collectathon of one trick ponies to me. Awesome sounding ones, but incredibly pricey.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I am still on Universal Audio but I wouldn't be if I was just starting out. The DSP hosted nature had benefits back in the mid 2000s but not any longer (unless you are using their Apollo interfaces - I have one for my laptop) . I only buy during big sales and when they have something that I don't believe has a native counter part. Usually that is in relation to their verbs and delays but I am over run with choices with those now.

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:49 am Image
Let's be fair and balanced- ALL politicians are ludicrous nutbag Jokers! :P

^ Bet that pic has been burning you since it got posted, give it up mate, she lost and you won, we get it. Balance lol.

quantum7 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:47 am
reggie1979 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:49 am Image
Let's be fair and balanced- ALL politicians are ludicrous nutbag Jokers! :P
clearly it's the same ilk.

Uncanny

samsam wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:07 amUncanny

that was the xmen, nothing to do with dc comics.

Return to “Effects”