DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Caine123 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:43 pm
AnX wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:29 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:24 pm Hope the upgrade is on sale some time...

its on sale now
I mean less than $79 :)
I just don’t see that happening. $79 is what I paid to upgrade from Dune 2 when it first released, and Synapse seems to feel strongly about the value of their software. At least, Synapse (unlike some other developers) has a good sale twice a year. Maybe you could find a used copy for less. FWW, Dune 3 sounds as good as anything else out there, and you could get by for a long time with just that one synth. I don’t, but that’s just me. I often jump on software sales, whether I need the plugin or not.
Last edited by W23 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I understand i dont feel to need to upgrade so sometimes companies make a sale of their upgrade prices thats when i will consider to upgrade. So i hope a 50 bucks price on black friday or xmas.

Nobody has to upgrade or add 1000 new festures but dune 3 is not freaking me out like hive 2, falcon 2 (free upgrade wow) etc.

So yeah i just thought to see if this happened or how chances are. Dune 2 still is unmatched in some regions.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

omiroad wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:49 am Is there a bug fix changelog for this release?
General fixes:
- "Alternate" Source in the mod matrix did not work properly with all destinations, fixed.
- Fuzz Distortion program always sounded mono even on stereo inputs, fixed.
- Adjusting Pitchbend up/down settings could get Dune 3 out of tune, fixed.
- In FLStudio, the Shimmer Hall did not always work properly, fixed.

Mac-specific:
- Wavetable editor was laggy on Macs with a Retina display, fixed.
- Running DUNE 3 and The Legend at the same time could cause authorization problems, fixed.
- Opening the UI could cause a crash on some Macs on certain hosts (usually NI Maschine), fixed.
- In some cases in Live the second inserted instance could crash the host, fixed.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

cantaloupe wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:27 pm Pleeease add tuning support so i can buy this :)
You mean microtuning via Scala files? If yes that's half-done, we just need to find a nice spot on the GUI to place it. We thought about moving the Plugin KB range under the Settings tab elsewhere (since it is ihmo a less important setting not needed that often), and replacing it with Microtuning.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Good update...thank you!
Also for me microtuning is one thing i still miss. Nice to hear it is (maybe) on the way.
(I would prefer .tun file import if possible).

Thank you Richard!

Still no solo (S) button for soloing OSC's?

Richard_Synapse wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:20 pm
omiroad wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:49 am Is there a bug fix changelog for this release?
- In FLStudio, the Shimmer Hall did not always work properly, fixed.
It has a shimmer reverb?! Like the Valhalla one?

e-crooner wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:34 pm It has a shimmer reverb?! Like the Valhalla one?
Yes it is similar.

omiroad wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:53 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:34 pm It has a shimmer reverb?! Like the Valhalla one?
Yes it is similar.
Cool. That's pretty rare even with separate FX plugins. I don't know any other synth with such a reverb built into it.

New retina GUI is gorgeous 8)

Hope you guys are appreciating the right click menu to assign modulations as much as me :) I was making the case for it behind the scenes, pretty strongly :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

The new GUI is great, thanks. Plus you fixed my crashes with Maschine 2 :)
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

why are there faded diagonal stripes across the screens of this class A gui for?

This is turning out to be a good week for sound designers. Thank you for introducing a better modulation framework. Synapse is one of our favorite synth developers. :tu:
CodeUltra Sounds - Makers of ARKEON Join us on Instagram: Daily Production Tips, Cool Art, Synth Stories.

Return to “Instruments”