Zeeon workflow

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just thinking about picking up a nice subtractive synth (a paid one) for my iPad.

Zeeon looks great. How is it for patch creation? Any close comparisons from other platforms, perhaps?

Thanks!

There are a lot of subtractive synths that are really good, but if you want to hear a run through of what any of them can do, check out the YouTube channel “SoundTestRoom”.

Doug demos pretty much every iOS app out there, and it’s a YouTube channel that is worth subscribing to.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

If anyone has direct insight to offer, still interested. :)

It’s on my wish list, but I already have a few really good apps that cover some of this ground. Definitely seems like one of the better subtractive synths.

You certainly cant go wrong with Zeeon, its definitely one of the best ios offerings for subtractive sounds. Its a very flexible 2 osc synth that also has a very nice and comprehensive mod matrix. On the surface you might think its just for virtual analog style emulations, but in reality it can do really progressive sound design because of its matrix. Its got a really great multimode filter, nice fx, the list goes on. Some people find its a little cpu intensive, but if you're on anything Air 2 or newer, you dont need to worry. Im on a Ipad pro from the first generation of them and I can still run quite a few instances of it as an audio unit without problems.
kvotchin wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:47 pm I'll check it out. Thanks.

If anyone has direct insight to offer, still interested. :)

Thank you. And after all, not much outlay. ;) Probably will go for it - everything I hear about it, and out of it, sounds really good.

Zeeon is one of my favorite iOS synths and for me on par with some of my favorite VST/AU plug-ins as well.
The DSP is one of the best for me as well and can compete with the good ones for desktop like from U-he f.e.
Also some of the included FX are outstanding like the zero delay feedback phaser and a wonderful BBD Chorus. The reverb and delay isn´t really good but you cannot have it all.
It´s def. in my Top 5 iOS synths and as a big bonus it is also a universal app and so for iPad and iPhone as well. The filters are very good and the mod-matrix let you do things similar to a modular set-up if you want.
I also would recommend to watch Brice Beasley on you tube (he made a lot of the presets for Zeeon). Shows really good how great Zeeon sound.
I would die for a VST/AU version. The general workflow is not the best for me compared to some other synths but it is usable and easy to learn. Learn the mod-matrix and you can do amazing things.

Thanks, Cinebient. :)

Oh, and hey, what are your other top 4 or so?

Just curious. Feel free to ignore of course.

kvotchin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:38 pm Thanks, Cinebient. :)

Oh, and hey, what are your other top 4 or so?

Just curious. Feel free to ignore of course.
Moog Model D, Beepstreet Sunrizer, Korg Arp Odyseei, Imaginando DRC.
But i also like some others which are very unique like Mitosynth f.e.
My all time favorite iOS was Alchemy when it still was under Camel Audio. Even it if was not the full engine it was the most inspiring synth i ever used on iOS.
Other mentions would be the amazing hybrid-synth Obsidian inside NanoStudio 2 but since i only use my iPhone for music from time to time (i do not like iPads really in my workflow these days and prefer my macbook) i would say if you use an iPad you even have a much bigger collection to choose from.
But Zeeon is def. almost always in my Top 3 when i think about it.

Fantastic, thanks again!

Zeeon, Model D or 15, DRC

Can’t go wrong with any of the above.
Wouldn’t like to have to choose one.

Still got the old but solid gold Alchemy Pro here, gets a lot of use. Wish we had received notice of the vanishing, would love to have all of those packs.

A few close calls with the infinite late night update nag screen.

Bought it, love it. Perfect, or very close to it.

If anyone feels so inclined, any suggestions for similar softsynths in VST form? Nice sound quality, user-friendly (and not fugly) layout, great matrix. I honestly can’t think of any quite this good. :/ Oh, also resizable UI.

Thought I might as well ask here rather than start another thread.

kvotchin wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:14 am Bought it, love it. Perfect, or very close to it.

If anyone feels so inclined, any suggestions for similar softsynths in VST form? Nice sound quality, user-friendly (and not fugly) layout, great matrix. I honestly can’t think of any quite this good. :/ Oh, also resizable UI.

Thought I might as well ask here rather than start another thread.
From the matrix i find Dune 3 to be similar (and even a bit more powerful in general and with better FX as well).
If you like also mono synths there is of course the Beepstreet VST/AU called Dagger. It has even better filters but it is limited compared to Zeeon and has no matrix. Like Sunrizer (which i love for iOS and on my mac) it is also a one page synth with great DSP and easy to use.
Wait until Beepstreet release Drumbo for iOS (or Sunrizer 2 in the future). For me Beepstreet DSP is as good as the best on my best VST/AU. Only some FX (especially reverb, delay and saturation) could be better and from the filters i only like P900 much more.
However, there is really nothing exact like Zeeon as VST/AU and i would buy it in a heartbeat. I think it was once planned for mac but it seems due to piracy and more needed support Beepstreet focus only on iOS again. Maybe in the future i could imagine a mac version but i doubt we will ever see something for windows here.
(P.S. my favorite iOS synth is currently Obsidian inside NanoStudio 2.... super great hybrid synth with good sound and very very low on the cpu).

Thanks once again. :)

It is a damn shame there isn’t a VST Zeeon, with slightly expanded, well, everything I suppose.

One of the things I love about it is the ability to use noise as a modulator for a bunch of things. Not many synths appear to offer that.

You know, it’s only $9.99, so I bought it. Great app!

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”