Nugen Audio - SigMod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to know if anyone got this and can share their impressions. It looks like some kind of channel strip.

I picked it up. its not a channel strip. its a single instance where you can add channel operators in series. for example you can add phase toggle that reverses the polarity of each channel independently, a filter, a channel switcher etc. its not an effect. its a tool for manipulating the audio channels in simple ways. i bought it because sometimes i need this kind of functrionality and struggle to find one pliuging i have that does them all. its nice to have such a simple clean user experience for something like this. and the price was right ($25) just have it in the tool box. :phones:

Real good plug. Channel routing utility def good to pick up...

The demo video shows the mid/side is left in place, as expected. Can any single non-mid channel (L, R, Side) be moved to stereo center?

yellowmix wrote:The demo video shows the mid/side is left in place, as expected. Can any single non-mid channel (L, R, Side) be moved to stereo center?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks!

Yeah this is pretty cool, will pickup definitely. :tu:

Seems like a stupidly useful tool for the audio routing functionality alone. Combine that with the fact that it'll work as a crossover, and its an immediate boost in functionality for just about any DAW going.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Hi SigMod users,

Has anyone been able to get the Crossover & Tap modules to route to another track in Logic?

I'm demoing it now and it's not routing audio. Also, the AU version is not working in Ableton either. :shrug: Yet, the VST does work perfectly fine in Ableton.

Thanks,

robosax

SigMod has just been updated to version 1.2.3.0 :
This update includes added support for VST2 and AU hosting.

• Added hosting for VST2 and AU to Insert module
• Added wet, dry and link controls for Insert module
• Added support for more than one Insert module
• Added plug-in list search bar
• Added ability to manually load plug-ins from browser
• Added ability to disable plug-in list filtering by channel count
• Fix for occasional crash when using Delay module
• Fix for latency issues in Insert module
• Fix for AU validation issue due to version number
• Greater stability for scanning 3rd party plug-ins
Great (and free) update :tu:
More BPM please

i gotta try this man

Last edited by rbn777 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rbn777 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:01 am Now that it can host plugins, I truly wish that there was a loudness matching (eg. AB_LM) function in the chain, would be a perfect tool...
Now that it can host multiple plugins, you could do this with that very plugin.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Looks like a very useful plugin to me. This could be a nice plugin chainer as well. I have a couple of questions though.

-Does SigMod allow you to run VST3 plugins in a Windows 32 bit VST2 host such as Maschine?

-Does the VST host recognize the parameters of the loaded VST plugin(s)?
The Delay module adds the ability to delay signal components independently. The Link control links the value of both components together. Double click to enter a value directly, or click drag up/down to increase/decrease the value. Units of ms samples or BPM locked ratios can be selected from the settings panel. This module can be useful for minimising phase issues & plug-in delay compensation errors and adding tempo based offsets.
-Can you enter a negative amount of ms to compensate for delay?

Can't you use the crossover filters without the need to use the separate receive plugin? ...like Metaplugin etc.

Cheers.

Return to “Effects”