Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to all.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dark water wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:31 pm It's a bit tricky but you have to make sure you hit the delete button in your keyboard (or the weird backspace thing in your phone) at the precise moment the silver owl gives his hoot.
Well ok I have no idea what you're trying to say but anyway you were asking about the Clearmountain plugin and well all I can say is that you can't go wrong with Bob techniques they included there. I consider him pro and that means something.
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Frantz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:29 pm Hi Professional Tom,

I really need an advanced expert professional video on track coloring techniques. Should bass be blue and drums be red? Or is it better to use shades of grey? I am afraid I will never make any progress until I know the official professional approved correct colors to use. The League refuses to share this important information with the rest of us.

Thanks in advance,
Amateur Frantz
Hello soon-to-be professional Frantz! Thanks for the question! This is the type of message I've been waiting for.

Great question! Coloring tracks is a tricky thing and many people get it wrong. Fun fact: once upon a time when I was a leader in a League I worked with a pro producer which mixes, overally were professional, but something just wasn't right to my ears. I was thinking about it all night couldn't figure out what was that, that drew my attention. I came back to the studio the next day, we shook hands like only professionals do and we opened a track in a daw.

Something immediately free my attention there. The colors of his instruments/tracks were all over the place! No sense at all, no balance in colors resulted in no punch in the mix.

When I noticed, he immediately knew. He turned red on his face. I looked at him and said: Jerry, you're fired.

I kept his gear as a punishment for this unforgivable mistake (well, I let him keep his Behringer gear).

He left without a word. He knew it was against the rules to do such an unprofessional mistake. I also took his professional badge and put it in the small box on my desk named: PWWPBITTBFMSAUMM which is an abbreviation for "people who were professionals but I took their badges for making stupid and unforgivable mixing mistakes."

So yes I take this seriously and I think this will be a third video on my channel. Thank you for the suggestion, Frantz!
And how does professional shake hands? Different from others? :lol: Yeah bad coloring makes mixes sound bad. They do go hand in hand. :clown:

Delete this post mod, please.

Edit: well something is wrong with editing a message lol I wanted to edit a duplicate to the sentence above and instead it posted it at the bottom...
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

ProfessionalTom wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:18 pm And my father is a leader of even more secret and powerful organization that even I don't know much about.

I wouldn't joke about him in such an unrespectful manner...
It's so secret that your dad doesn't even know he's a member. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Daimonicon wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:43 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Frantz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:29 pm Hi Professional Tom,

I really need an advanced expert professional video on track coloring techniques. Should bass be blue and drums be red? Or is it better to use shades of grey? I am afraid I will never make any progress until I know the official professional approved correct colors to use. The League refuses to share this important information with the rest of us.

Thanks in advance,
Amateur Frantz
Hello soon-to-be professional Frantz! Thanks for the question! This is the type of message I've been waiting for.

Great question! Coloring tracks is a tricky thing and many people get it wrong. Fun fact: once upon a time when I was a leader in a League I worked with a pro producer which mixes, overally were professional, but something just wasn't right to my ears. I was thinking about it all night couldn't figure out what was that, that drew my attention. I came back to the studio the next day, we shook hands like only professionals do and we opened a track in a daw.

Something immediately free my attention there. The colors of his instruments/tracks were all over the place! No sense at all, no balance in colors resulted in no punch in the mix.

When I noticed, he immediately knew. He turned red on his face. I looked at him and said: Jerry, you're fired.

I kept his gear as a punishment for this unforgivable mistake (well, I let him keep his Behringer gear).

He left without a word. He knew it was against the rules to do such an unprofessional mistake. I also took his professional badge and put it in the small box on my desk named: PWWPBITTBFMSAUMM which is an abbreviation for "people who were professionals but I took their badges for making stupid and unforgivable mixing mistakes."

So yes I take this seriously and I think this will be a third video on my channel. Thank you for the suggestion, Frantz!
And how does professional shake hands? Different from others? :lol: Yeah bad coloring makes mixes sound bad. They do go hand in hand. :clown:
There are subtle hand muscle and face expression adjustments that make it professional.

Just like in mixing. Subtle changes.

ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:45 pm Delete this post mod, please.

Edit: well something is wrong with editing a message lol I wanted to edit a duplicate to the sentence above and instead it posted it at the bottom...
You have to be a member of the secret kvr*s to know how to edit. I'm one of the leaders here. :oops:

Daimonicon wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:47 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:18 pm And my father is a leader of even more secret and powerful organization that even I don't know much about.

I wouldn't joke about him in such an unrespectful manner...
It's so secret that your dad doesn't even know he's a member. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He does (probably). I don't know much about it, though.

ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:42 pm
dark water wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:31 pm It's a bit tricky but you have to make sure you hit the delete button in your keyboard (or the weird backspace thing in your phone) at the precise moment the silver owl gives his hoot.
Well ok I have no idea what you're trying to say but anyway you were asking about the Clearmountain plugin and well all I can say is that you can't go wrong with Bob techniques they included there. I consider him pro and that means something.
Yeah - looks like a good range of FX with original impulses but very over priced at present.

Sorry I forgot you were new here :hihi:
You get a silver owl on your screen when you reach 500 posts.

dark water wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:03 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:42 pm
Yeah - looks like a good range of FX with original impulses but very over priced at present.

Sorry I forgot you were new here :hihi:
You get a silver owl on your screen when you reach 500 posts.
Yep it's like 300 bucks and I don't think it's worth spending this kind of money for some fancy reverb/delay/saturator thing.

Unless you are an absolute pro and spending these kind of money are not a bit deal to you anymore.

Thanks I'll wait for 500 posts then. And yeah I'm new, that's true (oh I'm making rhymes even when I don't intend to!) But I'm still a pro.

ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:39 pm
sjm wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:35 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:27 pm I'll tell you if you tell me how to delete a damn post from this forum.
You click the delete button next to your post. But it's only available to pro forum users.
I'm posting from my phone but I don't think it's the issue here. And I feel like this forum is run by League folks so I don't expect to get a pro user rank.
Either you are pro or you are not pro. There is no in between. Are you saying you are not pro?

sjm wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:33 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:39 pm
sjm wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:35 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:27 pm I'll tell you if you tell me how to delete a damn post from this forum.
You click the delete button next to your post. But it's only available to pro forum users.
I'm posting from my phone but I don't think it's the issue here. And I feel like this forum is run by League folks so I don't expect to get a pro user rank.
Either you are pro or you are not pro. There is no in between. Are you saying you are not pro?
I'm pro.

You know when you're the only one in the room who's not high, and everyone's speaking the same language as you and making grammatical sense, but you need to go home and watch an episode of Friends so you can sleep without freaking out? That's this thread...

JoeCat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:41 pm You know when you're the only one in the room who's not high, and everyone's speaking the same language as you and making grammatical sense, but you need to go home and watch an episode of Friends so you can sleep without freaking out? That's this thread...
I hope you enjoy our discussion, JoeCat.

JoeCat wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:41 pm You know when you're the only one in the room who's not high, and everyone's speaking the same language as you and making grammatical sense, but you need to go home and watch an episode of Friends so you can sleep without freaking out? That's this thread...
no, i dont know how that feels :o
sounds awful.

This is one of the most Professional things I have ever encountered.
I have a suspicion that Tom is just trying to drum up business for what must be a world renowned Professional Consultation Service, but thanks for providing this resource.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Production Techniques”