If The Major DAW Developers Said They Were Dropping Support For Mac OS...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

imrae wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:48 am
BONES wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:09 am I have 100% full control of Windows.
Lol
Well, noone ever had, with any version. It's just that nowadays everyone complains about it. At least on the net. I don't know anyone in real life who complains the whole time about it.

samsam wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:24 amBut trust me, none of the smart people I know sound anything like you or talk anywhere near as much as you.
Where/when have you heard me speak? Were you at a discreet/Autodesk event somewhere? Did we have beers in the pub one time? Perhaps you need to engage the smart people you know on subjects that interest them?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

chk071 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:26 amWell, noone ever had, with any version. It's just that nowadays everyone complains about it. At least on the net. I don't know anyone in real life who complains the whole time about it.
Of course you have control. You can disconnect your computer from the internet if it worries you. I only have my modem on when I need to use it, only around 2-4 hours out of every 24. Windows does exactly what I tell it to and nothing else. The data it sends to Microsoft is the data I allow it to, nothing more. The thing is, I want the best possible user experience so I am happy for Microsoft to collect all the data they need to provide that. You'd be crazy not to.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I'd respond with something, but with it being a Sunday, being still half asleep and currently watching the film, ' The Fifth Element ' on Ch5+1...saying anything else is just too painful for my head to handle right now..
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

imrae wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:48 am
BONES wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:09 am I have 100% full control of Windows.
Lol
I'll jump in (considering I'm a wasteland)

Um, DOZE has been exceptional for me. For MANY MANY years now. So why do you discount it? Seems petty and FANBOI'ISH of.

If so, Apple buy some of the main devs in the plugin world and made them macOS only.

Right, because that worked out so well with Logic and Shake.

Some sad news first....I didn't know this but one of the major Wine contributors 'Józef Kucia' was killed in the Tatra mountains of Poland in August this year, at the young age of just 30. "Józef was a major Wine contributor with over 2500 patches since his first contribution in 2012. He was a highly talented programmer with a focus on Wine's Direct3D subsystem. Józef founded and led the vkd3d project and provided insight and guidance to the Vulkan working group".. Additional info as well as a large photo can be found over on https://www.winehq.org/

Running Windows applications vie Wine is something that is an automatic process whenever booting up Linux, running my main applications with it such as Cinema 4D, it was updated a few weeks back.. Older versions of Reason will work on Wine, but with Reason 11 forgoing Rewire for a VST rack... the possibility for it to run isn't beyond the remit if former Props provided a fork for the authoriser is there. If one uses Bitwig on Linux, then that could benefit both camps I think.

ZBrush 2019, another of my main 3D applications I use works also...although I've yet to try it out myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0n4q8HKTQ4
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Yet another speculation/procrastination thread. Why not just go outside and exercise or something...?
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

InLight-Tone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:40 pm Yet another speculation/procrastination thread. Why not just go outside and exercise or something...?
it's cold, dark and raining.

InLight-Tone wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:40 pm Yet another speculation/procrastination thread. Why not just go outside and exercise or something...?
The irony is that you go to the trouble of posting in this thread.

For the record.. I do get out, I go mountain biking... travelling between 12 and 16 miles a week... including in the rain and when it's dark. :P

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:44 pm
Aye, it’s grim up north...

Forgotten wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:51 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:44 pm
Aye, it’s grim up north...
choon!

(that does indeed mention my town :D )

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:06 pm
The irony is that you go to the trouble of posting in this thread.

For the record.. I do get out, I go mountain biking... travelling between 12 and 16 miles a week... including in the rain and when it's dark. :P
Ya, don't think that it is what's this is about. Rather shooting out controversial messages for the sake of them. :P
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Depends what you think "up north" is ... from my perspective its "down south". ;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”