If The Major DAW Developers Said They Were Dropping Support For Mac OS...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well, songs dont lie.
it mentions us, it says its grim. sounds right to me :hihi:

plus, come the imminent pole flip, you'll be the southerner :P

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:05 pm come the imminent pole flip, you'll be the southerner :P
Oh yeah :lol:

:hihi:

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:22 pm :tu:

Nice clickbait though... you know how business works.
:lol:
Fernando (FMR)

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:05 pm come the imminent pole flip, you'll be the southerner :P
Did they move the date forwards or something? Do I have to go out and replace my old compass with a new one? Will magnets still work?

Forgotten wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:27 pm
Did they move the date forwards or something? Do I have to go out and replace my old compass with a new one? Will magnets still work?
well up until recently scientists always said we are overdue. in that in the past they've been fairly regular at 100 of 1000s of years....

your compass will still "work" but idiots will need to buy new ones with the letters reprinted in the right place. the rest of us will just remember it.

magnets will cease to work, but fridge magnets won't fall off fridges. the fridge will fall off the fridge magnet, due to things being reversed.
so best not to be in the kitchen at the moment of flip i guess.

animal magnetism is a different thing.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:06 pmI go mountain biking... travelling between 12 and 16 miles a week...
Are you cycling through cement, with one leg...and one wheel?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:41 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:06 pmI go mountain biking... travelling between 12 and 16 miles a week...
Is that what it's like to migrate from Mac OS to Linux? :P

unicycles are hard enough with two legs :o

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:54 pm No, it isn't. The better OS is the one that supports more of the applications you want or need to use and on that front Linux fails dismally. Because that's the thing - you don't choose your OS, you choose your applications and then you find the OS that best supports them. That is the only logical way to make these decisions.
OSs are not all the same.
thats why i said "brave" move, because it is unpopular. but if that is going to change it needs to start somewhere.
there was more context in the rest of my post.

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:46 pm
unicycles are hard enough with two legs :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mych_dyKpZM

Only a fool or liar would fail to admit that selecting an OS is a compromise. Yes, you may well be smart enough to choose it on the basis of the apps you need or want to use. Choice made, a multitude of future choices are then limited by the OS you chose in the first place.

And agreeing with a previous poster, sometimes maybe you just wanna damn well choose an OS for its own sake for some reason or other, we're not all the same and have no need to justify our decisions to random Internet blowhards.

Midi 2.0 is now integrated into macOS Catalina (via Audio/Midi Set-up) so at least they invest into the future.
Does windows or linux support it yet? Not sure but to answer the question... I would not care since i doubt that Logic (Apple) will drop support for macOS :)
Last edited by Cinebient on Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

I guess folks could just Bootcamp Windows10 ? Is that even possible anymore do Mac users Bootcamp anymore ?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”