If The Major DAW Developers Said They Were Dropping Support For Mac OS...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

samsam wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:50 amwe're not all the same and have no need to justify our decisions to random Internet blowhards.
How dare you call BONES random!!!! He's been here for years :hihi:

fedexnman wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:52 am I guess folks could just Bootcamp Windows10 ? Is that even possible anymore do Mac users Bootcamp anymore ?
Yup! I've been dual-booting Windows for years. I've only just stopped, due to buying an Xbox to handle gaming. It's a really great solution for those who want both, and doesn't often get mentioned as one of the benefits :tu:

Yeah , If I was Microsoft I'd give Windows 10 away for free to Mac users and encourage them to Bootcamp .... Catalina is crap ... What a mess ...glad I haven't upgraded the family's MacBook . I wonder how many musicians are gonna buy there 1st MacBook with Catalina and be disappointed ? . I also wonder how long it's going to take for the dust to settle with Catalina and plugin and DAW devs ?

fedexnman wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:32 amI wonder how many musicians are gonna buy there 1st MacBook with Catalina and be disappointed ?
Yeah! This is the part of the Catalina transition I think they might have really screwed up. Do they really believe that new Mac owners have no interest in third-party applications?

So , I'm guessing Apple is trying to make OSX ( Catalina ) like iOS ? Where you have to purchase or download 3rd party stuff through the App store or iTunes only , I take it ?

You can downgrade from Catalina to Mojave.
Search <<downgrade MacOS Catalina>>.
Pages upon pages of how-to.

The goal of the automated app notarization process is for Apple to market its platform as the most secure, which Apple believes will become increasingly important.

Rumors about an App Store monopoly have been around since v.7. The industry agrees that Apple is not trying to force everyone into the Store, but to make all developers align with its platform security program.

I think their long-term plan is to make the Store so attractive (eg the ability to track pirated software and revoke its authorization) that developers will choose it.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

If The Major DAW Developers Said They Were Dropping Support For Mac OS...
i'm still on Mavericks, what do I fuckin care

For example, because Apple has an iOS app monopoly the Chinese government can 'encourage' Apple to block iPhones from the NY Times, foreign newspapers, VPNs, iBooks, iTunes Movies, and move iCloud to government servers:
https://www.scmp.com/tech/big-tech/arti ... gave-china
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Cinebient wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:51 am Midi 2.0 is now integrated into macOS Catalina (via Audio/Midi Set-up) so at least they invest into the future.
Interesting - I didn’t know that.

fedexnman wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:57 am So , I'm guessing Apple is trying to make OSX ( Catalina ) like iOS ? Where you have to purchase or download 3rd party stuff through the App store or iTunes only , I take it ?
The thing is i sometimes would prefer it that way since installation, deinstallation is more easy. You have a license for ALL your devices connected to the account and it is a reason some developers prefer iOS over mac/windows because of piracy and some other things.
Also it still would coexist with 3rd party tools from outside. It is up to the developers.
But if some of the good iOS apps would be ported as AU for mac i would prefer them over some of my current "desktop" tools.
So i personally think if developers drop support for macOS they are doomed and shot themselves into the past.
Of course just my meaning but i see still a better future for music tools with mac and also more innovative things happening in macOS/iOS than in windows when it comes to audio production. Apple was/is also involved in supporting MPE and so on. Not sure what microsoft did here?!?

So much thick!
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

This thread proves KVR will argue or debate anything, no matter how stupid the premise is.

machinesworking wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:12 pm This thread proves KVR will argue or debate anything, no matter how stupid the premise is.
No they won’t!

I have determined that it is impossible to discuss anything remotely Mac related on KVR without ridiculous arguments being started by people who are offended at the thought that somewhere, some user of Apple hardware might be enjoying themselves.

teilo wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:11 pm I have determined that it is impossible to discuss anything remotely Mac related on KVR without ridiculous arguments being started by people who are offended at the thought that somewhere, some user of Apple hardware might be enjoying themselves.
Computer says nooooooo.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”