UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Thanks, ED, Ortisan & Louis.

So, within the Falcon script vs Drum Designer, we cant switch between those 2 bar patterns by MIDI? We would just need to load another script?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

The latest offering is tempting but need more info.

People describe Falcon as sound design synth but how flexible is the audio routing between oscillators , layers etc compared to a synth like …Zebra2? FM was added to the wavetable oscillator, but I understand that the only modulator here is a sine. Correct? Is it possible to split a signal after an oscillator in frequency domains? Low goes through the flanger and the higher frequencies get some delay treatment. Or is the workflow like copying the oscillator and use filters to “split” the signal and process differently ?

Is there a way to wobble the vinyl effect?
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

The lack of a demo version is unfortunate (that's an understatement), and I can't really understand why : all the other ilok protected plugins I own offer demos...
The new additive oscillator seems tasty. Have fun Falcon users !
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Cepheus wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:20 pm ...Is it possible to split a signal after an oscillator in frequency domains? Low goes through the flanger and the higher frequencies get some delay treatment...
Sure, I’ve managed to accomplish this.
You can create an effect rack with each chain within that rack dialed into your desired frequencies by means of an any of the EQ or Fliter types followed by your effect(s) of choice.
You can create as many chains with as many effected frequencies as your machine can handle.

It's impressive that I can't find a single hi-res picture of its GUI in the Falcon2 homepage.

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:41 pm It's impressive that I can't find a single hi-res picture of its GUI in the Falcon2 homepage.
Do you think hi-res pictures would improve Falcon 2 in any way? Just curious 8)

Edit: I see what you mean, never visited the Falcon website :hihi:
You´re right, very blurry

nilhartman wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:08 pm The lack of a demo version is unfortunate (that's an understatement), and I can't really understand why : all the other ilok protected plugins I own offer demos...
The new additive oscillator seems tasty. Have fun Falcon users !
It would be nice to try a demo version, but...
There's always the consolation of their free 'UVI Workstation 3' though, if you don't have it already:
https://www.uvi.net/en/instruments/uvi-workstation.html

godly wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:57 pm Is there a way to wobble the vinyl effect?
Not within the module itself (obviously Since there’s no parameter).

If a vinyl warble effect is what your after, meaning a slight variation in pitch due to the record not being perfectly flat so it speeds up and slows down slightly, LoFi, I’ve accomplished this by adding a drunk modulator to the pitch parameter on the layer (Before the vinyl module as dust and mechanical noise don’t wobble). You will need to adjust the ratio for the desired pitch warble range.

Hope that was some help.

Don’t forget the Falcontinuum forum, it can be a great resource dedicated to Falcon.

Dillinger wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:48 pm
godly wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:57 pm Is there a way to wobble the vinyl effect?
Not within the module itself (obviously Since there’s no parameter).

If a vinyl warble effect is what your after, meaning a slight variation in pitch due to the record not being perfectly flat so it speeds up and slows down slightly, LoFi, I’ve accomplished this by adding a drunk modulator to the pitch parameter on the layer (Before the vinyl module as dust and mechanical noise don’t wobble). You will need to adjust the ratio for the desired pitch warble range.

Hope that was some help.

Don’t forget the Falcontinuum forum, it can be a great resource dedicated to Falcon.
Thx, for the help. Yes ik really missing that.
I really need to learn so much.
Last edited by godly on Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Thanks Hemmick Reef for the suggestion, but I must say I'm especially interested in the synthesis part of Falcon.

For such a deep beast, first hand experience is key : I can't tell from the vids if 1) I'll get usable / enjoyable / adequate sounds for my needs, if 2) the workflow and UX is pleasant and intuitive (such a subjective thing) and finally if 3) my computer(s) can handle the maths.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Dillinger wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:48 pm
Thanks for that! I wasn't aware of that place :D

Saw the 'Images for Wavetable Re-Synthesis' topic. Totally forgot that Falcon can do that!
Last edited by Neon Breath on Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nilhartman wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:17 pm Thanks Hemmick Reef for the suggestion, but I must say I'm especially interested in the synthesis part of Falcon.
No problems, it's just an option to get a feel for their software.
You never know... a demo may appear at some stage?

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:49 am Image

Seems completely broken over here. I expected when I click on pages 2-4 that the steps would go empty so that I could draw new values in for other bars?
Try to disable the event link before editing, when you set it to 2 bars, all pages are edited simultaneously. :)
Louis Couka
http://louiscouka.net/ (under construction)

Yes, I noticed that as you can see in the post I wrote after posting that GIF. :)

I suggest renaming Event Link to Repeat Events Every. Event Link really isn't an intuitive name for this feature :)

Return to “Instruments”