Any chance of a Minikorg 700/700S vst 64bit?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

himalaya wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:18 pm... I don't feel that this would be as effective in software, simply because it is impossible to grab two parameters at the same time with a mouse, and then move them in separate directions! So, these filters would need to be assigned to a hardware controller in order to get the same sounds, or to be able to so easily 'stumble' upon them.
this could be done pretty easily using Ableton's macro controls (for example).

himalaya wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:18 pm... I don't feel that this would be as effective in software, simply because it is impossible to grab two parameters at the same time with a mouse, and then move them in separate directions! So, these filters would need to be assigned to a hardware controller in order to get the same sounds, or to be able to so easily 'stumble' upon them.
Might be great on a touchscreen or touchpad though. Or even on a x/y joystick.

@ Evil Dragon Still way too much CPU for a synth. ACE is unusable. Zebra/lette, podolski and even Bazille are ok in regards of CPU usage.

No i'll stick with Björn's great sounding synths that dosent require you to buy the newest top notch pc, or melt your CPU
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:30 pmUrs and other devs should learn [...]
I kindly turn down this thoughtful advice as I don't concur with the base assumption.

Halonmusic wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:54 am @ Evil Dragon Still way too much CPU for a synth. ACE is unusable. Zebra/lette, podolski and even Bazille are ok in regards of CPU usage.

No i'll stick with Björn's great sounding synths that dosent require you to buy the newest top notch pc, or melt your CPU
You really have a weak CPU then, because ACE is perfectly usable here. Any other u-he plugins are perfectly usable here as well.

And there you go. Urs disagrees with your base assumption. And it's good that he does, because we get more accurate emulations and better sounding synths because of that. :)

Urs ain't got no time for Korg.

I can't for the life of me imagine Urs telling his team: "Hey, why don't we spend next year emulating Korg synth?".

It's just too many WTF expressions at a time for one studio room in Berlin.

Maybe urs should hire Bjorn .. imagine what he could do with a budget and access to u-he secrets.

Anyways I think the full bucket stuff sounds great for what they are.
Last edited by generaldiomedes on Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Let's compare things which are comparable. One practices (with love a lot of work, indeed) a hobby, while the other practices (with passion, indeed) a professional job.

Not only the first one is alone and the second one has a team, but also the first one has a very limited budget for his researches and developments while the second one can invest (in an accounting meaning) a lot of money on R&D depending the estimations of the success of sales.

And also the time spent to make a product are not at all the same. For the first one the fact that it is a hobby means that he can't spend more than an hour of a few hours per day, while for the second one the fact that it is his professional activity means that he (and his team) spend 6 to 8 hours per day (each member of the team) on the activity.

And let's recall that a hobby project is thought as a fundamental freedom concerning the organization of time, while professional projects are thoughts in term of calendars and of constraints (at least to ensure the parallelism of the tasks) for the team in a professional activity.

And to finish (momentarily), the time and money spent on the lifespan of the product (after the main initial development step) is not at all thought the same way for a hobby product than for a professional product.

So... let's be reasonable and compare things which are comparable.

I love all the products from Björn and they are among my most used every week, and Björn make himself a true labor of love on his products. But the time, the money spent, and the organization of tasks will never be the same as those of a team (even small team) in a professional activity.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Urs wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:54 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:30 pmUrs and other devs should learn [...]
I kindly turn down this thoughtful advice as I don't concur with the base assumption.
You are right. I had a bad day when i wrote that. Sorry.
EvilDragon wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:50 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:54 am @ Evil Dragon Still way too much CPU for a synth. ACE is unusable. Zebra/lette, podolski and even Bazille are ok in regards of CPU usage.

You really have a weak CPU then, because ACE is perfectly usable here. Any other u-he plugins are perfectly usable here as well.

And there you go. Urs disagrees with your base assumption. And it's good that he does, because we get more accurate emulations and better sounding synths because of that. :)
Actually yes i do have a weak CPU :neutral:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Ups, just saw this thread... here come my five cents:

Urs & the u-he team are doing a fantastic job, their stuff is top notch! I don't think these guys need to learn from anyone, they do know the art of DSP. :tu:

In the past I myself tried to create half-decent sounding plug-ins and simulations because I really enjoyed to do exactly that. The low CPU usage is because of my insatiable hunger for optimization and my crappy PC. :P
Now this is pure luxury as I do not have to earn my living by selling VSTs / AUs. And I cannot say what comes next...
(At the moment I want to make music! I bought a lot of hardware but for what?)
Maybe a plug-in with more "CPU-hungry" DSP algorithms? :hihi:
Anyway I'm pretty sure it will not be another simulation.

Cheers, Björn

:tu:

I'm really happy that there is continued interest in these instruments and their re-creation in software. They seem to get overlooked because they weren't used by "name" pop acts(limiting their use by people who want to cover their hits), and that their controls are somewhat unorthodox. I find their filters and oscillators fat and juicy, if not as deep as a Moog or an ARP. I have a Korg 770 that I play my guitar through, and it's an awesomely deep throb when it goes through the LFO and filters. Add in the ring modulator, blend to taste, and it's yum-yum time.
Thanks to Bjorn, whose stuff I use regularly, for the work he's done. I'm still hoping for a Trident emulation, but it doesn't look like things are moving in that direction. I guess i just have to be satisfied with a polyphonic S(t)igma.
And Urs, you are the Man, and I think I recall that you had interest in the 700/880 era filters. I understand that you have other, more assuredly profitable things to do, but I still hope against hope that one day you do an emulation of these filters and oscillators.
This is all IMO, of course
thanks

pitufodelbosque wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:41 am Hi!
I know the K700 from krakli plugins, but it's an old 32-bit plugin.
Since the Korg Minikorg 700 is a classic synthesizer (and relatively simple) it is strange that there is no 64bit emulation.
I don't know if there are many fans of this synthesizer.
Do you think any creator would be willing to recreate this jewel in 64bit?

Full Bucket has great emulations of Korg synths...
And Krakli is already starting to make 64bit vsts...
Korg?
:wink:
I believe the 64 bit Krakli KS7000 is Maxikorg-like. They also have a 64 bit SH7 clone that they're posting about on facebook but haven't put on their own site yet.

Speaking of u-he, I'd just like to see an ACE 2 someday. 8)

biscuitdough wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:02 am
pitufodelbosque wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:41 am Hi!
I know the K700 from krakli plugins, but it's an old 32-bit plugin.
Since the Korg Minikorg 700 is a classic synthesizer (and relatively simple) it is strange that there is no 64bit emulation.
I don't know if there are many fans of this synthesizer.
Do you think any creator would be willing to recreate this jewel in 64bit?

Full Bucket has great emulations of Korg synths...
And Krakli is already starting to make 64bit vsts...
Korg?
:wink:
I believe the 64 bit Krakli KS7000 is Maxikorg-like. They also have a 64 bit SH7 clone that they're posting about on facebook but haven't put on their own site yet.
The Krakli S3K is similar to old K700, the K700 v2 too. The KS7000 doesn't look like Maxikorg to me... :wink:
The SH7 is great, I've been lucky enough to create some presets, which have been included in the final version.

Waiting for the miracle of the minikorg/maxikorg vst.

:oops:

Return to “Instruments”