I don't know what DAW to try anymore

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Limitations can result in more imaginative solutions (as the previous poster suggests).

If you're tried all the DAWs, get yourself a hardware recorder, learn it thoroughly, and learn to live with its limitations. At least you won't have to suffer with needless updates and perpetual upgrade fees. Learn it and keep it at least five years. And do what you're meant to be doing - making music.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I can't find the response I made, so this might be a repeat.

It's really good to just pick one that inspires you and just learn it and not get caught up. I did that for years, it's just a waste of time.

In Logic, you HAVE to have a good look at screen sets. They’ve been around ever since I started and they’re indispensable. There really is no need to scroll and zoom all the time.

You can have different combinations of windows and zoom levels as part of your default template. Lock the screensets. Call up screensets with the number keys.

Have one screenset for a complete overview of the session, one with the session in one half and the audio editor in the lower half.

One screenset with a greater track height for editing automation (shortcut for editing automation is literally the a key).

One screenset with tracks on top and a huge MIDI editor in the bottom half.

One with the session overview zoomed out and the mixer maximized in the bottom half.

Just start switching between them and only scroll and zoom when you have to. And for the times you do have to, everything is optimized pretty much for the touch pad. I use the desktop version and am really content with both scrolling and zooming.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”