If The Major DAW Developers Said They Were Dropping Support For Mac OS...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gamma-UT wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:30 pm
tooneba wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 pm The intolerance, gaslighting , racketeering and hostility toward different opinion by their userbase are somewhat terrifying.
Projection: it's a helluva drug. Just say no, kids.
:hihi:

If The Major DAW Developers Said They Were Dropping Support For Mac OS...

The future would be better and this very frequent arrogant attitude of apple of "let's get rid of this... let's get rid of that" will not have place anymore.

Apple doesn't even think about developers or compatibility issues and always think that they can do everything they want because of blind followers (not all) that loves to jump in the new trending thing = Money $€£.

Melda is not the only one that has issues with apple because of their arrogant attitude; and despite that windows is not like the good guys neither they don't go around eliminating possibilities and capabilities that were available in some time. Also people should understand and consider the magnitude of this problem, I don't buy a product knowing will not work for the next overhyped operative system, I'm buying it with the mindset: this will last me some good time and I will not be jumping to new machines or the nonsense desires of some OS to eliminate things constantly; This will make the product lifespan you're getting unnecessarily short, and although windows is not like the good guys neither they don't go around eliminating things as apple is doing frequently.

With all respect to all apple users:

https://youtu.be/AUaJ8pDlxi8

Think different when buying your next laptop or music workstation.

It’s true because a clickbait video says so? Oh right, I’ll throw all my Apple products out immediately! :roll:

JunSev wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:32 pm Think different when buying your next laptop or music workstation.
Preach it, brother. I BELIEEEVE!!!

Curious as to why people who are so worried about corporatism choose Windows over Linux. But hey-ho.

edit: lol that didn't work

tooneba wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 pm
mladi wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:31 pm Aggressive tones mostly from Mac useres here just because some show symphaty towards Vojtech decision to write a newsletter. He only informed his customers and i can't see what's wrong with it. The last weeks i got maybe 20 emails from different devs about this stupid catalina update problem. I didn't got something from Apple about the update problem. I see some guys prefer Apples way of dealing with it. Don't speak about certain things.
Some people got butthurt because they felt their religion is insulted and someone invaded their safe space though some media article or dev just wrote their opinion. The intolerance, gaslighting , racketeering and hostility toward different opinion by their userbase are somewhat terrifying.
Yes! Pointing out that a developer was condescending while sending an inappropriate email to paying customers constitutes "intolerance, gaslighting , racketeering and hostility". Are you sure it's not you who needs a "safe space".

Why not go through this thread and check Windows users making disparaging comments, assumptions and generalisations about OSX users, and compare that to how many OSX users have made the same negative comments towards Windows users.

I'd have thought by now that most of us understand that a person is not defined by the OS they prefer. Just because some Apple-owners view the hardware as a fashion statement, doesn't mean that all Apple owners use their computers as fashion statements. Does the fact that statistically-speaking (market-share, and all that) most rapists will be Windows users makes all Windows users rapists?

I came from a background of making music dubbing cassette-recorders together, or video-recorders. I've made music with four-track recorders, cut demos in studios when Atari signified nothing more than that thing you plugged into a t.v to play Pac-Man. I also used Windows exclusively for some years, owning copies (At various moments) of Logic, Cubase, Sonar and Protools. And since buying a Mac in 2007, I have been dual-booting Windows via Bootcamp. All this to say that I am platform-agnostic. Make music with whatever works for you :tu:

I can't stand a lot of what Apple does, and many things have infuriated me over the years. And yes, I think they've handled this Catalina update like complete twats. I also understand and sympathise with users and developers for whom this will be a cause of a lot of headaches, and I don't see any reason why developers wouldn't use their own forums to rant about it. However, that is a world away from sending patronising and condescending emails to paying customers, and it is also very different to developers sending warnings to hold off updating until the coast is clear. One of those actions is customer-centric, and the other is developer-centric.

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:40 pm It’s true because a clickbait video says so? Oh right, I’ll throw all my Apple products out immediately! :roll:
Clickbait?... No, You should watch it until the end to get well informed about what he is talking about, maybe you might be an apple user that has expended lot of cash in apple products and you're acting defensively as consequence (not judging you), not even trying to recognize the apple problems.

With all respect.
Yes! Pointing out that a developer was condescending while sending an inappropriate email to paying customers constitutes "intolerance, gaslighting , racketeering and hostility".
No "el-bo", recommend or advice never constitutes those bad things (if my neighbor is in bad road, wouldn't I help him with some advice?), apple always does stuffs like this and they don't have consideration about the developers and compatibility, in addition to their bad politics of eliminating things as they wish is a real problem.

With all respect.
Last edited by JunSev on Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Pointing out that a developer was condescending while sending an inappropriate email to paying customers constitutes "intolerance, gaslighting , racketeering and hostility". Are you sure it's not you who needs a "safe space".
Not forgetting that when Melda started creating plugins they created a bunch of sock puppet accounts here to write glowing reviews about their own products (until Meffy noticed something suspicious and shut them down).

Hardly the behavior of an ethical company...I really think they need to take a good look at their own behavior rather than whine about other companies and disparage their customers.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:45 am
Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:22 am
Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:20 am One thing I learned about Apple: a majority of their users will buy whatever they make, no matter the cost, sing praises regardless of how great or terrible the product is, and rinse/repeat as long as their wallet holds up.
Where did you learn that from?
Is the dumb regurtitation of lies a skill one would need to learn? :shrug:
I've been 'computing' longer than most of you have been potty trained, grew up in the apple and commodore era and spent my entire life in the from the lower to upper echelons of the industry -- I'm not asking you to agree.

I stated Mac users were loyal regardless of circumstances except money because Apple products are still overpriced and in a solid market share, even though not by as much these day. Of course some mac users can't help but chime in with actual disparaging comments since I wasn't overflowing with some sort of glowing 'attaboy!' spin to their endless wallet.

Another thing I learned: when the $$$ runs out, perspective typically follows for those who are teachable.

And lastly: Only brand loyalists get "offended" when people generalize about a particular user base of that brand. Brand-neutral 4 life.
Last edited by Psuper on Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have you tried Vital?

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:49 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Pointing out that a developer was condescending while sending an inappropriate email to paying customers constitutes "intolerance, gaslighting , racketeering and hostility". Are you sure it's not you who needs a "safe space".
Not forgetting that when Melda started creating plugins they created a bunch of sock puppet accounts here to write glowing reviews about their own products (until Meffy noticed something suspicious and shut them down).

Hardly the behavior of an ethical company...I really think they need to take a good look at their own behavior rather than whine about other companies and disparage their customers.
This is the thing. Ol' Prancit wants to make out like I want to drop Melda plugins because of one badly-advised email, and feeling slighted about an OS choice. It's really just the straw that broke this old camel's back :shrug:

Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:07 pm I stated Mac users were loyal regardless of circumstances except money because Apple products are still overpriced and in a solid market share, even though not by as much these day.
So you came to this conclusion based on the price of Apple products and their level of market share rather than any actual evidence that their customers behave this way?

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:11 pm
Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:07 pm I stated Mac users were loyal regardless of circumstances except money because Apple products are still overpriced and in a solid market share, even though not by as much these day.
So you came to this conclusion based on the price of Apple products and their level of market share rather than any actual evidence that their customers behave this way?
By being intimately around many thousands of people in the industry over the past 30 years - something no google search will teach. As I mentioned, no need to agree, I know the deal.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:14 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:11 pm
By being intimately around many thousands of people in the industry over the past 30 years - something no google search will teach. As I mentioned, no need to agree, I know the deal.
So in other words it’s your subjective opinion.

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:23 pm QED

By the way, you might want to look up “gaslighting” and “racketeering” as you don’t seem to know what the words mean considering the context you have used them in. Either that, or could you provide an example of the owner of an Apple product doing either?
Devs or media are pointing that MacOS has been constantly destroying the compatibility. But telling "what are you talking about?" "It's same as other OS, moron" contributes to build a false consensus that devs and writers are making things up or crazy person. Peer-puressuring and calling out devs or brand that can't catch up the rebuilding cycle "lazy and unskilled company" to pull unpaid laboring from owners.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”