Is macOS Catalina A Step Forward Against Software Piracy?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@Developers: I want to know more about this subject.

Is macOS Catalina a software piracy killer?

Can’t remember which thread it’s in, but Urs said he thinks it will reduce piracy for U-he

All it is, is another step into binding customers to apple and making devs dependent on apple. They now cash in and have absolute control over who they want on their platform. Sad for all the free plugins on mac. Anyways piracy will always find a way. DAW devs already have to loosen up the restrictions to make copy protection software or plugins run at all.

Magnut wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:22 pm All it is, is another step into binding customers to apple and making devs dependent on apple. They now cash in and have absolute control over who they want on their platform. Sad for all the free plugins on mac. Anyways piracy will always find a way. DAW devs already have to loosen up the restrictions to make copy protection software or plugins run at all.
That’s not answering the question the OP asked.

Maybe start a dedicated thread to throw shit at Apple if that’s what you’re looking for in the way of writing posts?

Urm, this is a thread centred on Apple. Only fan boys may apply? Or can all sides of the spectrum have a voice?

matt42 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:14 pm Urm, this is a thread centred on Apple. Only fan boys may apply? Or can all sides of the spectrum have a voice?
Actually it’s more specific than just Apple in general.

Of course anyone can have a voice, but it’s customary to address an OP’s question rather than turn it into a personal soap box.

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:41 pm
Magnut wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:22 pm All it is, is another step into binding customers to apple and making devs dependent on apple. They now cash in and have absolute control over who they want on their platform. Sad for all the free plugins on mac. Anyways piracy will always find a way. DAW devs already have to loosen up the restrictions to make copy protection software or plugins run at all.

Maybe start a dedicated thread to throw shit at Apple if that’s what you’re looking for in the way of writing posts?
Maybe you're not able to read or understand, but my answer is no :wink:

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:00 pm Can’t remember which thread it’s in, but Urs said he thinks it will reduce piracy for U-he
I've read that too. :tu:
matt42 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:14 pm Urm, this is a thread centred on Apple. Only fan boys may apply? Or can all sides of the spectrum have a voice?
If you are a developer you are welcome for sure. :wink:

Magnut wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:01 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Maybe you're not able to read or understand, but my answer is no :wink:
Ah, the evergreen ad hominem when there’s no substantial argument to hand.

Well done - that’s got to be one of the shortest post counts for a thread to reach that point.

oh the apple sheriffs got triggered :lol: anyways no audio software on apple = no piracy there. problem solved and all are fine with it. maybe it's heading exactly in that direction who knows. else i don't see what catalina does so different besides causing trouble.

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:13 pm Well done - that’s got to be one of the shortest post counts for a thread to reach that point.
I'm honored and like to thank all the people which were by my side during that time. It was a long and stoney way. :love:

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:21 pm
it’s customary to address an OP’s question rather than turn it into a personal soap box.
Good Lord....When did this happen to KVR??? Have the Russians started hacking here too???? :o

jacqueslacouth wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:33 pm
it’s customary to address an OP’s question rather than turn it into a personal soap box.
Good Lord....When did this happen to KVR??? Have the Russians started hacking here too???? :o
Sorry, I don’t know what the hell I was thinking when I said that...

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:36 pm
jacqueslacouth wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:33 pm
Sorry, I don’t know what the hell I was thinking when I said that...
:hihi:

frizzbee wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:16 pm oh the apple sheriffs got triggered :lol: anyways no audio software on apple = no piracy there. problem solved and all are fine with it. maybe it's heading exactly in that direction who knows. else i don't see what catalina does so different besides causing trouble.

This thread looks like OP thought: Let's find a reason to start some kind of a pro catalina thread that hopefully will lead the attention away from all the other threads.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”