XLN RC-20 Retro Color

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RC-20 Retro Color

Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:23 am RC 20 is just as subtle, my main reason for grabbing it is that I like the “magnetic” module and sonitex doesn’t have that effect,
Exactly the reason why I wanted RC-20. The dropouts feature is really nice. But I'd like it to have more of the tape sound, so I won't need to combine it with a specific tape plugin.

Each module could be more advanced imo. Maybe some extra features hidden behind the "hatch" of each module.

Are most people using Sonitex just using jbridge since there's not a 64bit version?

JiggSaw wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:32 pm Are most people using Sonitex just using jbridge since there's not a 64bit version?
According to Rune of Tone Projects it seems to work very well with jBridge.

For new projects it wouldn't be a problem to use jBridge, but when you load an old project made on Windows 32 bit, the jBridge Sonitex plugin won't automatically replace the original Sonitex plugin, would it?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:00 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:23 am RC 20 is just as subtle, my main reason for grabbing it is that I like the “magnetic” module and sonitex doesn’t have that effect,
Exactly the reason why I wanted RC-20. The dropouts feature is really nice. But I'd like it to have more of the tape sound, so I won't need to combine it with a specific tape plugin.
Aberrant SketchCassette sounds great btw. From high quality to completely knackered. :o :)

https://aberrantdsp.com/plugins/sketchcassette/

But it would be nice if RC-20 could do various tape formulas and speeds (ips) as well.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mine installs both versions. I delete the 32 bit before opening my DAW. No issues. Please tell me the exact error message.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's about par for the course for XLN's installer/manager. It also doesn't like things being moved, which is a (minor) irritation if you like to move VST2 plugins into subfolders and stuff like that.

Amazing assortment of effects. It really has enough to cover 95% of all the audio destruction effects that I would want. For the rest I could look at other plugins.

It's great for making anything to sound like the Caretaker (Leyland Kirkby) or William Basinski. All those effects in RC-20 would cover those two artists easily. Sure, you could add some other vinyl or tape or saturation emulators but this one plugin does it all really. The fact that it can be automated by MIDI is a great reason to use it.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

It's on sale now (€ 69,95).

Still hoping for new modules (something like NI Freak for example) and more advanced features.

Four years after its release RC-20 finally got some serious competition:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vybz-- ... y-thenatan

I hope XLN Audio are working on RC-22. 8)

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:54 am Four years after its release RC-20 finally got some serious competition:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vybz-- ... y-thenatan

I hope XLN Audio are working on RC-22. 8)
I don't know that developer, but looks good and cheap! I own RC20 so not for me, but it does look like a more modern feature rich RC20! XLN seem pretty slow at updates (based on my experience with XO as well) so not holding my breath for updates!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Usually competition leads to progress, so...

Looks good :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:54 am Four years after its release RC-20 finally got some serious competition:
I saw it on the internet, so it must be true! :wink:

Return to “Effects”