DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
omiroad
KVRist
367 posts since 16 Mar, 2015

Post Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:21 am

PieBerger wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:50 am
omiroad wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:22 am
PieBerger wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:43 pm
Teksonik wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 am

Like I said being able to use a plugin for free forever to render is not in the best interest of anyone.
Seems to work pretty well for u-he.
Their plugins have increasingly more crackle so there's no way they're useful for rendering in demo mode.
I had in mind when I wrote my reply that real time resampling was effectively the same as render, because for my personal workflow it is, however, I can accept that for some/most people it's a specific reference to offline-render and in this case I agree that the intermittent crackling would be problematic.
Their demos always end up crackling, in real time too.

PieBerger
KVRist
494 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:38 am

omiroad wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:21 am
PieBerger wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:50 am
omiroad wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:22 am
PieBerger wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:43 pm
Teksonik wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 am

Like I said being able to use a plugin for free forever to render is not in the best interest of anyone.
Seems to work pretty well for u-he.
Their plugins have increasingly more crackle so there's no way they're useful for rendering in demo mode.
I had in mind when I wrote my reply that real time resampling was effectively the same as render, because for my personal workflow it is, however, I can accept that for some/most people it's a specific reference to offline-render and in this case I agree that the intermittent crackling would be problematic.
Their demos always end up crackling, in real time too.
Yes but it's regular and if you time it right you can comfortably record 16 bars of material. For me personally that's plenty for demo purposes and an acceptable limitation for a completely open ended trial period.
Always Read the Manual!

User avatar
Richard_Synapse
KVRian
948 posts since 20 Dec, 2010

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:46 am

No demo limitation is going to be acceptable for everybody I'm afraid (except when there is no restrictions at all) :) Btw, the Mac demo has now been updated to v3.2 as well.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Stefken
KVRAF
1637 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:32 am

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:46 am
No demo limitation is going to be acceptable for everybody I'm afraid (except when there is no restrictions at all) :)
Richard
I'm very fine with the U-he demo's.
A month demo time is Ok for me to be able to evaluate a synth.

It's just when the decision is somewhat harder to make that I find a linear time limit of 1 month too much of a restriction. If you are doubtfull it's nice that you have some time to think about and then can revisit the synth at a later time. But then your trial period might be over.

There are firms that do not use a linear time limit (linear time that has past since activation of the demo) but monitor the amount of time you actually used the synth. In this system it's easier to revisit the synth at a later time. I prefer this system over the one you are using now.

User avatar
EnGee
KVRAF
5687 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from NZ

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:14 am

I think we are asking too much from the developers! There are videos and tutorials all over the net that someone can get the whole feel of the synth before even trying the demo.
To be honest, it is almost like Bones has said! It is for me in the first 30 mins 99% of all my synths bought in less than that. To be more honest, I have already decided to upgrade later before I demoed the last time! So, even if the reset wouldn't be exist, I would upgrade anyway.

I can say now that the upgrade is absolutely worth it, even though I still suffer from some workflow minors, but in general the sound quality, cpu usage and stability are top notch. Buying it new? It worth it but needs some saving full price, however, discounted or winning it in the charity is absolute bargain!

It sounds so good that I feel I'm cheating when I use it :hihi: Just buy it with closed eyes, no need for a demo even!
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

User avatar
whannel
KVRist
73 posts since 28 Mar, 2007 from Scotland

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:53 am

Touch The Universe wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:59 pm
Hope you guys are appreciating the right click menu to assign modulations as much as me :) I was making the case for it behind the scenes, pretty strongly :D
Great work, cheers.

On the skin front had tried making the side bars dark/black wood effect, works quite well I found the new ones a touch distracting, it's pretty easy to do although I've only done it as one size. Tried removing them entirely but that's going to take some pixel position editing.

Dark Wood.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, Dune 3, ANA 2, SynthMaster, Thorn, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, Reaktor, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Viper, Diversion 2...

e-crooner
KVRist
347 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 am

That black skin is beautiful, a bit reminiscent of Dune 1 imho.

markelba
KVRer
2 posts since 9 May, 2019

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:07 pm

Richard, thanks for the Mac Demo of Dune 3. Looks and sounds great!

As a long time Antidote user, I've been waiting to make the jump to Dune, not at least as I've been lately working more in Logic Pro X rather than in Reason.

Can you comment on the Dune 3 product roadmap as far as visual feedback on the modulations is concerned?

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
8915 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:28 pm

e-crooner wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 am
That black skin is beautiful, a bit reminiscent of Dune 1 imho.
I could probably do a skin for D3 in the original DUNE style if anyone was interested. It might end up being a bit bigger than the standard but I don't think it would be too much work.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), Zoom U24, Cubase, DUNE, Hive, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Substance, Arcsyn, Synthmaster One, Aparillo, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2

Stefken
KVRAF
1637 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:23 pm

BONES wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:28 pm
e-crooner wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 am
That black skin is beautiful, a bit reminiscent of Dune 1 imho.
I could probably do a skin for D3 in the original DUNE style if anyone was interested. It might end up being a bit bigger than the standard but I don't think it would be too much work.
Maybe toning down the new Ui so you don't need sunglasses would be a more interesting exercise.
I love how it's clean but it's a bit too bright.

User avatar
EnGee
KVRAF
5687 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from NZ

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:28 am

BONES wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:28 pm
e-crooner wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 am
That black skin is beautiful, a bit reminiscent of Dune 1 imho.
I could probably do a skin for D3 in the original DUNE style if anyone was interested. It might end up being a bit bigger than the standard but I don't think it would be too much work.
That would be a very welcomed skin I think :) I also like a lot the original Dune 1 skin so thank you very much in advanced :D

Regarding the white skin, yes I think if it is cream or beige would be nice. Even better if it is multi colour like dark grey in the upper section while cream in the down one (something like that!).
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

raymondwave
KVRist
248 posts since 2 May, 2014

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:53 am

I just noticed that in v3.2 the Osc (density) Detune knob is stuck when tuning is set to SWARM. None of the other modes have this prob. Anyone else get this?

User avatar
lotus2035
KVRAF
4202 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:25 am

Just upgraded to 3.2, noticed that some of my bass parts are acting like the legato function is activated even though Dune is set to 'mono'. Anyone else notice something similar?
Edit: In one case I have to set Dune to legato to get it to behave like it is in mono mode. :scared:
I'm using Cubase Pro 10 on Windows 10.
Last edited by lotus2035 on Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

e-crooner
KVRist
347 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:38 am

raymondwave wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:53 am
I just noticed that in v3.2 the Osc (density) Detune knob is stuck when tuning is set to SWARM. None of the other modes have this prob. Anyone else get this?
Probably made in China :)

User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
12760 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:39 am

raymondwave wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:53 am
I just noticed that in v3.2 the Osc (density) Detune knob is stuck when tuning is set to SWARM. None of the other modes have this prob. Anyone else get this?
No I'm not experiencing that here (PC Win 10). Neither the Density amount or Detune Knob are stuck when SWARM is selected. Are you PC or Mac (OS version) ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”