Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

.....well In about 1 1/2 month. (Clickbait) :clown: I hope Frequency will, just like Pro-Q will have dynamic EQ option. That would be awsome. What are you hoping for Steinberg still haven't implemented?

There should be a clickbait tax for people creating such topics. $0.10 per view. That would teach them. :P

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:18 pm There should be a clickbait tax for people creating such topics. $0.10 per view. That would teach them. :P
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :ud:

:D

Here's hoping for a bit more midi fx improvements...beat/step designer, arpeggio improvements, better lfo, better/easier routeability. Maybe yet more custom color choices

I always very curious with these updates. There’s nothing I can imagine that’s missing in Cubase. It’s the perfect DAW.

IMO obvs.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Daimonicon wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:06 pm .....well In about 1 1/2 month. (Clickbait) :clown: I hope Frequency will, just like Pro-Q will have dynamic EQ option. That would be awsome. What are you hoping for Steinberg still haven't implemented?
What I'd like to know is when the grace period begins :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:42 am I always very curious with these updates. There’s nothing I can imagine that’s missing in Cubase. It’s the perfect DAW.

IMO obvs.
LOL :D

...or wait, you are serious? :o
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:46 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:42 am I always very curious with these updates. There’s nothing I can imagine that’s missing in Cubase. It’s the perfect DAW.

IMO obvs.
LOL :D

...or wait, you are serious? :o
Yeah I’m serious.

Stable as a rock and does everything I ask of it. Ok there is one thing and that is more features on sampler but I can certainly live with it as is.

Here's hoping Steinberg joins the 21st century and gives us the option to authorise the software without the bloody dongle. It's 2019 Steinberg. Even AVID has caught up.

EDIT: yes I know you can authorise ONE computer and that's it, but that's hardly useful if you are a travelling musician / producer.
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:49 amStable as a rock and does everything I ask of it.
Well, happy to hear that! I had nothing but problems with it (crashes, VSTs getting blacklisted for no reason, weirdness with audio settings) and I really couldn't work on anything serious in it due to lack of session / clip launcher view, ridiculously convoluted and limited modulation possibilities, terrible support for touchpad gestures, constant menu-diving, etc... Perhaps it'd be different if I started with Cubase, but coming from Live/Bitwig I simply couldn't adjust my workflow to it. That's why I sold Cubase and got Studio One instead, because it's like a middle-ground between the two worlds :)
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:12 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:49 amStable as a rock and does everything I ask of it.
Well, happy to hear that! I had nothing but problems with it (crashes, VSTs getting blacklisted for no reason, weirdness with audio settings) and I really couldn't work on anything serious in it due to lack of session / clip launcher view, ridiculously convoluted and limited modulation possibilities, terrible support for touchpad gestures, constant menu-diving, etc... Perhaps it'd be different if I started with Cubase, but coming from Live/Bitwig I simply couldn't adjust my workflow to it. That's why I sold Cubase and got Studio One instead, because it's like a middle-ground between the two worlds :)
That’s an interesting point. I’ve used Cubase for 20 odd years so I’ll never leave it. It also means I instinctively know to open Cubase for “serious” composing and Live for sound design and playing around.

It’s simply a way of working that I’m very comfortable with. I don’t doubt Studio One can do it all in one but I don’t necessary want that TBH. YMMV obvs ;)

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:28 amI don’t doubt Studio One can do it all in one but I don’t necessary want that TBH. YMMV obvs ;)
Oh, S1 can only do a fraction of what Cubase can, but - luckily for me - that's the fraction of features that I need :) I always felt overwhelmed by Cubase - it's awesome, but I'm to stupid for it :)
Music tech enthusiast

One thing i would like to see (borrowed from Ableton) is the instrument rack /effect rack concept. ( I don't mean the cubase concept of the same name, i mean where you can combine instruments / effects into one in different ways. Maybe even if they had the frequency splitter thing too from S1 in the FX Chain).

Daimonicon wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:06 pm .....well In about 1 1/2 month. (Clickbait) :clown:
:x :x :x

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”