Is there a way to demo Uvi Falcon?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Falcon

Falcon seems nice. But not being able to demo it also made me not buying it. I want to test the workflow before, listen to what it sounds when I use it and see how stable it runs on my system. No demo policy is one that unfortunately drives customers directly into the arms of other companies. And theres no need for it if I see that right. Falcon doesn't need to hide behind such barriers.

No demo = no buy.
I don't care at all about the gigabytes of soundbanks or presets, I just want to play with the synthesis framework for myself. Assuming that people would be so floored by their product description and a couple preset sounds that they'd purchase on an impulse just seems arrogant to me.

^^^ Well said!

I can only assume the no demo policy has to do with the file size (1.6Gig) and the fact that you could probably rip off a lot of the sample based library (maybe even use it ion the free UVI Workstation) but this is pure speculation. Its ilok (with a generous 3 licences) so there is an inbuilt time limited demo for ilok licences normally...

I guess they could make a version with a demo factory bank, but I guess that's more work, more versions and only UVI can determine if it would lead to more sales.

I would also agree that UVI Workstation pretty much is the demo version of Falcon and mirrors the look, workflow etc pretty closely now, I highly recommend everyone tries it before buying Falcon and I assume its built on the same engine(s)

https://www.uvi.net/en/instruments/uvi-workstation.html

In terms of the 'workflow', the UVI video's of Falcon are very professional and give a complete walkthrough of Falcon workflow (probably more effectively than just demoing to be honest, its a full explanation and tutorial).

Anyway- not trying to excuse no demo, just trying to help! There is probably enough reviews, videos an sound demos available to convince someone who wants to be convinced to buy it, but then it doesn't take a whole lot to persuade me to buy a new instrument ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Don t be fooled by the GUI, the workflow is EXCELLENT.

I also consider it the principled stance to not purchase software you can't test on your system. I've returned to investigate this matter every year since 2016, and every year there's been no demo, they've repeatedly lost a purchase from me.

Fine by me, as I'm more than happy with Urs & co. <3

Everyone!!! and to op: There is a way to demo it. U can demo falcon as it comes with the protools ultimate demo. Although u cannot test how it runs in your daw, you can still test most of the stuff like the sound design capabilities, along with its cpu usage in protools which to an extent will give u a general idea. try it out. You can register it to ilok cloud rather than the device

The free UVI Workstation is your best option.

It comes with:

"Falcon Preset Tour Here’s a complementary selection of some of our favorite Falcon presets showcasing its wide scope and pristine sound quality. We hope you enjoy these sounds."

It also has a good selection of Falcon effects and an arp.

kavin2134 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:47 am Everyone!!! and to op: There is a way to demo it. U can demo falcon as it comes with the protools ultimate demo. Although u cannot test how it runs in your daw, you can still test most of the stuff like the sound design capabilities, along with its cpu usage in protools which to an extent will give u a general idea. try it out. You can register it to ilok cloud rather than the device
Yes, this. I have PT Ultimate, and having the Falcon AAX has been incredibly useful in saving me a ton of money by buying it. It only works inside PT and with an active subscription or support plan, so I would have bought it for use in Cubase had I liked it. I really didn't.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”