BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Halonmusic wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:02 pm Is it possible to control certain parameters like filter cutoff with bluearp?
Short answer - No. Longer one - you can map velocity to cutoff and control it this way via Velocity lane. I have a low priority task to add CC control lanes. Also, in DAW world, you can use one of the LFO tools to do this.

graywolf2004 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:12 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:02 pm Is it possible to control certain parameters like filter cutoff with bluearp?
Short answer - No. Longer one - you can map velocity to cutoff and control it this way via Velocity lane. I have a low priority task to add CC control lanes. Also, in DAW world, you can use one of the LFO tools to do this.
Ok thanks :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

macOS 10.15 compatibility?=

On Logic Pro X, the old version was incompatible and ask me to trash it. the latest one is not shown on the plugin list.

Thanks for your amazing work.
Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 1.24.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 1.20.32 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi, this plugin looks awesome!

I'm struggling though to get it working in BitWig 3 on Linux. I downloaded the .dll and "converted" it to .so with linvst so it pops up nicely in BitWig. It's just that there seems to be no midi output from the plugin. Any other native midi-plugin I insert into the chain will indicate midi-in to the plugin and midi-out from the plugin. With BlueARP however there is no midi-output from the plugin.

I have a long time experience with Win7/Ableton, so I'm no rookie, but it bothers me that I cant get this set up correctly. Read some of the manual (pdf), but still no luck.

Any input appreciated :)

Hi, just started using this arp and it's amazing.
Is there any way to do a 6 note arpeggio? I've only been able to get it to do 5 notes.

by actually pressing 6 different keys I don't think it's possible, but ideally you could use variations of the k1-k2-k3-k4-k5 notes by displacing them up/down a varying amount of octaves/semitones from the "octave" and "scale step" lines

example: k1, k2, k3, k4, k1(+1oct), k2(+1oct), k3(+1oct), k4(+1oct)...

graywolf2004 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:34 pm No updates so far, but some good news - I started working on scalable GUI feature, since there were several requests and I realize on 4K bluearp will look too tiny.
It is a lot of reworking to do, but overall it seems to be not as bad as I expected.
I already have a dirty prototype.
I don't know how long will it take, probably 2-3 more weekends.
Thanks a lot! :D
Bitwig, Roland TR-8S, 303, Volcas, Deepmind12, Neutron, Poly D, NI | Berlin, Germany

Great ! Thank you, Graywolf !

Nebula888 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:17 pm macOS 10.15 compatibility?=

On Logic Pro X, the old version was incompatible and ask me to trash it. the latest one is not shown on the plugin list.

Thanks for your amazing work.
Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 1.24.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-04 at 1.20.32 AM.png
I can't test it on OSX 10.15, but on my 10.11 I found an issue with auval and fixed it. Checked in Logic 10.2.4 - it successfully validates it, auval does as well.
Please download the same archive (I updated it) and check if it works:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/3/Blu ... 2.2.10.zip
(.component inside should be dated 27.10)
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mais wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:53 pm Hi, this plugin looks awesome!

I'm struggling though to get it working in BitWig 3 on Linux. I downloaded the .dll and "converted" it to .so with linvst so it pops up nicely in BitWig. It's just that there seems to be no midi output from the plugin. Any other native midi-plugin I insert into the chain will indicate midi-in to the plugin and midi-out from the plugin. With BlueARP however there is no midi-output from the plugin.

I have a long time experience with Win7/Ableton, so I'm no rookie, but it bothers me that I cant get this set up correctly. Read some of the manual (pdf), but still no luck.

Any input appreciated :)
Can you take freeware Kirnu and try to do the same thing? At least this way we will know if it's something wrong with bluearp or not.

A question for all BlueARP users:
1. Do you use Force to scale feature?
2. If the answer is Yes - do you feel like it needs more scales?
I finally took my time to learn more about scales and I think it is worth adding
modes of the major scale (Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, etc.), cause they are pretty common.

I still have a low-priority task to add user-configurable scales, but it will take time, while adding some new scales to the factory list is pretty easy.

graywolf2004 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:34 am
2. If the answer is Yes - do you feel like it needs more scales?
I finally took my time to learn more about scales and I think it is worth adding
modes of the major scale (Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, etc.), cause they are pretty common.

I still have a low-priority task to add user-configurable scales, but it will take time, while adding some new scales to the factory list is pretty easy.
About time, yes please allow also the ability to have user scales. Thanks

OSX 10.15 issue, the plugin validate correctly but it complains about someting and want to trash the plugin.

looks something with a codesign? validating Audio Unit BlueARP.midiFX.x64 by graywolf2004:

------
validation result: successfully validated
updating properties of AU BlueARP.midiFX.x64 by graywolf2004…FAILED!
-----

thanks for the amazing work

Nebula888 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:13 am OSX 10.15 issue, the plugin validate correctly but it complains about someting and want to trash the plugin.
looks something with a codesign? validating Audio Unit BlueARP.midiFX.x64 by graywolf2004:
------
validation result: successfully validated
updating properties of AU BlueARP.midiFX.x64 by graywolf2004…FAILED!
-----
thanks for the amazing work
Can you give some more details. Do you see this in auval or in Logic when you try to update plugin list?

Also check this thread, the same problem:
https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/view ... p?t=112804
They say it's wrong permission on Logic Pro.app

Return to “Instruments”