New synth: Aparillo by Sugar Bytes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aparillo

sinemotor wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:02 pm
Beachboy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:23 pm I´m really curious to try but I find it quite difficult. If you load the init preset (everything is reset) in Aparillo, move the arp knob fully right and play a long note, every arp note sounds a bit different without any modulation. Any tips on how I could replicate that sound/sequence in Massive X? Even the pure init sound isn´t a sine wave even though the manual mentions that they use sine waves.
In Massive X set Envelope 1 to LoopGate instead of Gate. Set the release and sustain knobs to 0. Play with the Decay and the Hold knobs (the one next to the attack knob) to set the length of the amplitude modulation.
Then assign a bipolar triangle LFO to the pan knob and set your rate.

The init patch in Aparillo is set to unison and it's not a pure sine wave because both operators have the formant activated. You can emulate this feature in Massive X by using the Formant Mode in the WT osc section.
Thanks a lot for your help, the Formant Mode indeed gets quite close. I didn´t realize that the Formant knob in Aparillo has an impact on the sound on it´s init position. Learned something! :tu:

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:58 pm Yes, agree all these argument - except for me an instrument is more a working tool, than a, how should I put this, a playmate. ;-)
Me, too, and Aparillo fits that bill really well because it is so easy to work with. It's never going to replace whatever your "go to" synth is but when you want something a little bit different, it won't take much time or effort to dial something up in Aparillo. In just a couple of weeks I have created more patches for it than for any other synth I can think of.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Spent an evening this week just making patches for Aparillo, with a focus on expressivity. It's so much easier to program than you'd expect it to be, it's an absolute hoot to work with and the results are usually very musical. It's one of the few synths I've bought that actually gets better, the more you dig into them.
Last edited by BONES on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:24 am Spent an evening this week just making patches for Aparillo, with a focus on expressivity. It's so much easier to program than you'd expect it to be, it's an absolute hoot to work with and the results are usually very musical. It's one of the few synths I've bought that actually get better, the more you dig into them.
Nice to hear of such a enthusiasm.
Sound almost like a commercial I remember years back. Larry Hagman. ”J.R.” , launched a afteshave, in the ad a close-up of his grinning face, and a slogan ”The closer you get, the nicer it feels”. :clown:

Guess what I just discovered? All those presets I had so much fun creating never saved. I wanted to use one the other night but I discovered my "User" folder in the "Presets" folder is empty. So I tried saving one last night and it goes through the process but it doesn't actually save anything. Bugger!

BONES wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:55 am Guess what I just discovered? All those presets I had so much fun creating never saved. I wanted to use one the other night but I discovered my "User" folder in the "Presets" folder is empty. So I tried saving one last night and it goes through the process but it doesn't actually save anything. Bugger!
That's weird. I have no such issue with the VST (Windows) version

Testing it more thoroughly tonight, it seems to work OK in Cubase and in the standalone but not in Orion. What I can't imagine is that I didn't notice the problem when I was saving multiple presets the other week, which has me wondering if installing the latest version might have wiped them? I've looked everywhere for them but they are definitely gone.

As you mentioned, Installing updates could have overwritten them

They do go into a separate User folder, though, so it would be easy enough to ensure they didn't. In fact, you'd have to actively delete them from that folder.

That sucks. Would be strange for an update to wipe user presets... Especially from a company with a number of high quality VSTs (and updates) under their belt.

Sugar Bytes Aparillo can now be grabbed at just $39.
from audioplugin.deals

Highly Recommend this Plugin.
Unique ways to scratch start and Design Sounds in,
Brilliant for Cinematic Majestic Sounds and Atmosphere.
plus a wide variety of highly useable Presets from many Sound Designers.

I did Sound Demos and Factory Patches for this Plugin,
Preset Surfing Video here - https://youtu.be/jfbkE5t1xjo
B Ray - Embrays - RAY
Valhalla Delay - 120 Presets, D16 Repeater - 80 Presets, Soundtoys Effectrack 150+ Presets, PA Unfiltered Audio BYOME - 100 Presets, Venomode Phrasebox - 100 Presets - https://gumroad.com/embrays

Unbelievable deal!

BRoySound wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:21 am Sugar Bytes Aparillo can now be grabbed at just $39.
from audioplugin.deals
Thanks for pointing this out! Incredible deal, and I jumped on it. Thought I was through with holiday deal shopping, but no. It really made my day. I've had my eye on Aparillo since it was introduced.

I jumped on it too after getting drum computer.

Really interesting company.

Makes a nice change from the usual roster of subtractive synths

i uninstalled aparillo a long time ago (so much fun to play with, but rarely used it). just reinstalled.

EDIT
... and remember now why i stopped using it. for me, it's more fun to play with than to fit into a music project. it IS pretty cool tho

Return to “Instruments”