Kuassa Announces Efektor DL3606 Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, happy to share the addition to all Efektor fans, the new Delay Pedal!
If you have Reaper, Cakewalk or Reason you can download the track chains used in the demo videos too:
https://dimitones.wordpress.com/2019/10 ... mo-videos/

Have a great on everyone!

Kuassa Announces Efektor DL3606 Delay at Intro Price $19.
In the path to complete our line of Efektor pedal effects software, Kuassa presents the Efektor DL3606 Delay.

Started from utilizing multiple tape recorders, oil can electrostatic units, portable tape delay machines, to rack units and compact delay pedals; Kuassa Efektor DL3606 Delay provides five types of delay pedal effects software at your disposal:

Digital: Clean and clear, with a wide frequency range.

Analog: Dark and mushy, inspired by the bucket brigade delay pedals

Lo-Fi: Grainy and dirty, lower bitrate with a reduced frequency range

Tape: Simulated the warm and lush sound of vintage tape units

Reverse: Repeats the signal backward for ethereal and ambient effect

More info: https://www.kuassa.com/products/efektor-dl3606-delay/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U0x4cChgic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=921A1Lxyryk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgwIUH_INU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlNLssFl7QM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-obYQapI4u0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FHsbs4rej8

I've tried it yesterday, and I like its ease of use very much - the controls are laid out in a very logical way, and it is easy to get a sound I like. The reverse mode is a really nice addition, it works very well on the guitar.

It's not as full featured as other delays though. I mean, it's a guitar centric delay, so I wouldn't have expected dual paths with independent controls and stuff like that, but I would have at least expected stereo width control for ping pong, wet signal filtering, and ducking. This can of course be worked around, but I like to have those integrated.

Then again, for $19, it's a nice no-frills delay, and I like Kuassa, so I'll be getting this :)

This is one more piece released from the 360 suite - the only other thing I've seen on screenshots (and now in the Custom Bundle's marketing material) that isn't yet released, is a reverb pedal, so I think I know what's coming next :D I hope a Whammy is in the works as well - the only good Whammy is found in Helix Native, but I don't want to buy that just for the Whammy...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Yeah, its a plug and play and that's why I love it :)

Mmm, Whammy :D :hug:
I had the original hardware one, 10 years ago...Time flies, but it will happen I'm quite sure! 8)

I will name my firstborn after you if you make a whammy/harmonator efektor!..
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

what's left?

uni-vibe, rotary speaker type efektor? whammy?

just don't do reverb.

Stringzy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:30 am what's left?

uni-vibe, rotary speaker type efektor? whammy?

just don't do reverb.
They already are doing reverb. The Kuassa 360 screenshots have two reverbs in it (spring and room), and the Custom Bundle product page mentions room simulations. Plus, you know, Vermillion already has it.

A nice Guitar "oriented" Reverb in pedal format with simplified controls, but with nice sound would not hurt! :D :hug:

I meant "Efektor" reverb. A separate one. Don't be slow, Burrito.

Always great demos, Dimitrius, my brother.

now that I think of it, it becomes inevitable. Efektor reverb with a few modes: plate, spring, digital, room, hall. maybe ambient and reverse reverb.

oh well. ok, bring that sheet too.

and do Hendrix Octavio, along with Uni-vibe. that sort of nasty sounding octaver, fuzz, ring modulator, "a dry sandpaper up my ass" sound.

what else? throw in a Hiwatt amp, Yamaha RA-200 rotary cab, more Fender amps, like a blackface / silverface thing.

my wish list is over. don't thank me. don't mention it, it's OK.

This is a very nice sounding Delay but my plugin folder is chocked full of nice sounding Delay plugins so not sure I'll be getting this one but I just wanted to pop in and say that I'd love to be able to use the Rack Extension GUI on the VSTi version.

I've still got 13 spaces of rackmount gear so I'm comfortable with a Rack Mount GUI.... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Stringzy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:17 am I meant "Efektor" reverb. A separate one. Don't be slow, Burrito.
i meant they are apparently already working on an Efektor reverb, regardless of your thoughts on it. don't be slow, G-Stringzy.

Stringzy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:17 am
Always great demos, Dimitrius, my brother.

now that I think of it, it becomes inevitable. Efektor reverb with a few modes: plate, spring, digital, room, hall. maybe ambient and reverse reverb.
ambient and reverse reverb :love:

dimitar wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:11 am ambient and reverse reverb :love:
Needs a shimmer mode too.

i meant they are apparently already working on an Efektor reverb, regardless of your thoughts on it. don't be slow, G-Stringzy.
what if they don't? will you swallow your socks if they don't release it?

what reverb in Vermillion has to do with Efektor series anyway? or 360 suite? you make this stuff up when you don't really know.

you really have a brain of a burrito, Burrito. too many beans and chili in you, you jaded tortilla.

Stringzy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 am what reverb in Vermillion has to do with Efektor series anyway?
most probably, nothing.
Stringzy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 am or 360 suite? you make this stuff up when you don't really know.
most probably, everything. if you look at 360 screenshots, you will see a bunch of modules that already are available as efektors, and a bunch of modules that weren't available as efektors at the time the screenshots were released, but now are (such as EQ and delay). there are also a couple of amps that aren't released yet (such as Mercury), which will most likely come as an Amplifikation product later. those same screenshots also have reverb pedals - at least room and spring. it is not a great stretch to suggest that, given past experience (i.e. modules from 360 screenshots eventually making it as Efektors), there will be a reverb pedal.

for example:

Note the graphic EQ (now known as EQ3603 Efektor), the DigiDelay (now known as DL3606 Efektor), and the RVerb (most likely will be known as RV3603 Efektor, judging by their naming pattern). All of the rest of the modules (bar the Mercury amp) are already available as Efektors. Also, this screenshot:

has another reverb - the SVerb, which most likely means a spring reverb.

also, all of the Efektors share the same XX3603 naming convention, and the 360 page itself explicitly states that all of the modules in 360 are Efektors:
Amplifikation 360: Includes an array of modules taken from Kuassa’s Amplifikation and Efektor series. The much anticipated virtual pedalboard was featuring a fast, intuitive sound design workflow for a guitarist.
granted, it says 360 uses Efektors but doesn't say all modules from 360 will become Efektors, but i think that's a highly likely scenario.

i also mentioned the Custom Bundle marketing material. you know, this page:
Efektor devices are our culmination of the latest DSP research made after studying an extensive collection of 100+ electronic schemas of most sought after guitar effect pedals, comparing it with the actual hardwares, then grouping them into each categories so each devices can accurately emulate the sound of most of available guitar effect pedals on the market; Distortions, Modulations, Time Based, Dynamic, Filter, Equalization and Room emulations. [emphasis mine]
There aren't any "room" emulations available in Efektors so far, so either they're mistaken, or (what is far more likely given the above 360 screenshots) they're still working on it.
Stringzy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 am you really have a brain of a burrito, Burrito. too many beans and chili in you, you jaded tortilla.
you know, you started this stupid insult game, i'm not going to indulge you any more. i'll just say that you're most probably wrong and i'm most probably right. time will tell.

Great stuff. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Effects”