d16 announces Godfazer - Advanced modulation unit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two part question:

a) For those being offended by the name is this because you see it as pro god or anti god?

b) Will ask when I hear the responses to A.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I cannot see the problem in that name, is it hurting ultra religious musicians or what's this about?!?

Last edited by rbn777 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

it's better than the name "Shioiter" i guess...

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:42 am Two part question:

a) For those being offended by the name is this because you see it as pro god or anti god?

To me it's sacrilegious. I buy every D16 plugin, but I won't be buying it because of that. Not offended or anything, but I just believe it's stupid that they called it that. A VST plugin doesn't warrant slapping the prefix "God" onto it's name.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:01 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:42 am Two part question:

To me it's sacrilegious. I buy every D16 plugin, but I won't be buying it because of that. Not offended or anything, but I just believe it's stupid that they called it that. A VST plugin doesn't warrant slapping the prefix "God" onto it's name.
Ok I won't comment on your views, other than to ask if you have a problem with the Godfather movie title also? That was my part B I hinted at earlier.

I would be 99.99% sure the plugin is a play on that rather than anything religious (in fact I'd be 100% sure of that).

Orbit-50 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:01 pm To me it's sacrilegious. I buy every D16 plugin, but I won't be buying it because of that. Not offended or anything, but I just believe it's stupid that they called it that. A VST plugin doesn't warrant slapping the prefix "God" onto it's name.
what's so special about that prefix?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Come to think of it the objectors to the name don't have a leg to stand on.

godfather
/ˈɡɒdfɑːθə/
a man who presents a child at baptism and promises to take responsibility for their religious education.
"he is godfather to her son"
a man who is influential or pioneering in a movement or organization.
"the godfather of alternative comedy"

Definition 2 has nothing to do with religion.

rbn777 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:39 am What's funny though, it's been done:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-go ... os/details
I don't know if D16 is willing to change the name of the plugin, but I'd suggest a competition who can come up with the best name. A name that sounds more like the other D16 plugins perhaps?

JerGoertz wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:02 am
enCiphered wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:21 am I sold all my D16 plugins when I saw the name of this new effect.
I sold all of mine when I had a spell of indigestion last night. Luckily, I bought them all back this morning.
:lol: priceless... ...suddenly Little Labs' "Voice of God" came to mind.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:16 pm Come to think of it the objectors to the name don't have a leg to stand on.

godfather
/ˈɡɒdfɑːθə/
a man who presents a child at baptism and promises to take responsibility for their religious education.
"he is godfather to her son"
a man who is influential or pioneering in a movement or organization.
"the godfather of alternative comedy"

Definition 2 has nothing to do with religion.
I would think that Definition 2 came about only after the Don Corleone movies.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:54 pm I would think that Definition 2 came about only after the Don Corleone movies.
So nobody is offended for 48 years then suddenly a little plugin developer from Poland applies a similar name to a product and people lose their sh!t.

Give me a f&cking break.

One time when I was 4 a saw a zebra pen!s and it gave me nightmares. Urs, please change the name.

The English word "gaffer" is also a contraction of godfather. I think it was from a similar contraction in Italian that Puzo came up with godfather.

Think of the blasphemy when you tape your cables to a rig.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:07 pm
DarkStar wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:54 pm I would think that Definition 2 came about only after the Don Corleone movies.
So nobody is offended for 48 years then suddenly a little plugin developer from Poland applies a similar name to a product and people lose their sh!t.

Give me a f&cking break.

One time when I was 4 a saw a zebra pen!s and it gave me nightmares. Urs, please change the name.
Dude, funny enough, the only one losing their shit here is you. You asked for an opinion, I effing gave it to you. I was actually interested to see what other people thought about it also. I didn't realize I would get dragged into your personal little "Kangaroo Court". You wanna buy it, go right ahead. I don't like the name, so I don't want to buy it. Is there a problem there?
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:33 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Give me a f&cking break.

Dude, funny enough, the only one losing their shit here is you. You asked for an opinion, I effing gave it to you. I was actually interested to see what other people thought about it also. I didn't realize I would get dragged into your personal little "Kangaroo Court". You wanna buy it, go right ahead. I don't like the name, so I don't want to buy it. Is there a problem there?
Ok, fine. This level of PC really gets on my tits so I admit I got a little too worked up :oops:

If one simply doesn't like the name thats absolutely fine, but I find it very hard to accept anybody can get offended by it :shrug:

Anyway, I've had my rant so happy to move on :tu:

Return to “Effects”