oeksound soothe alternative without ilok?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

iLok is dirty but you use and give cash to microsoft?! Now the list of things I have heard contains everything! :hihi:
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Melda's MSpectralDynamics is great, especially when you need to duck frequencies, it does it so transparently by limiting the frequencies of the incoming signal while bypassing the rest. Tonebooster's Sibilance is the closest thing I know of that gets the job done. Gulfoss is not the same thing but inherently can produce similar results because it isolates specific harmonics to the fundamental. So while it isn't like Soothe, it happens to duck those frequencies that are common to the ones that Soothe is made to choose to attenuate, and this is done by you, selecting the band.

I don't know how exactly how the plugin is actually accomplishing this, but I'm sure its using a fast Fourier transformation to do it based on the fundamental and its harmonics. This is the "AI" part of the plugin that makes it worth getting. In comparison, MSDyn also limits frequencies you tell it to limit but you can do apply spectral compression to the entire spectrum, where you can't with Soothe. Still, if I had to choose between Soothe and MSDyn, I'd take Melda every time. No competition because it does in fact get rid of harshness by essentially limiting the peaks that cause them, and only the peaks...nothing else. Soothe does the same thing but has band limitation. AFAIK, Soothe can't be side-chained. Unless they've update the plugin in the last year, it's not possible. Same with Sibilance.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Lesha wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:26 am I am happy that I can still use an older version of soothe which is not iLok protected.
Where can I get/buy this older version of soothe ?

Psychophant78 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:54 pm
Lesha wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:26 am I am happy that I can still use an older version of soothe which is not iLok protected.
Where can I get/buy this older version of soothe ?
Nowhere unfortunately.
It's easy if you know how

There is no plugin as good as soothe does it's thing.
Winner of 15th HOFA Xmas Mix Contest - 2024
2nd place winner of Boz Digital Labs Intl. Mix Contest - 2016

I'm no help because I just de-resonated an ambient guitar layer with almost 30 automated bands in Pro-Q, suppressing individual spikey harmonics for each and every chord swell.

hahahaha sigh

But it totally worked!

(Skntote Sound Brigade is a potential alternative although a step down visually and in functionality)

Would DSM V3 produce a similar result to Soothe if you simply chose a portion of the track with no resonances as the reference? Or if the entirety of the track is always plagued by ever-changing resonances, what if you chose a small portion of the track where the resonance is at a particular frequency (perhaps using Pro-Q 3 or TDR Nova to help find it), corrected it with EQ (either dynamic or static), and used that small corrected portion as the reference for DSM V3? Trying to talk myself out of buying Soothe because I already have so many plugins. :D

TDR Nova GE (which is currently on sale) does something very similar to what Soothe does. It's called "dyanmic deresonate" and automatically analyses the frequency spectrum for unwanted resonances, pinpoints them and then automatically decreases them dynamically:

https://youtu.be/GNqfyAa1jxk?t=234

The good thing about TDR plugins: they are well maintained and new great features are added all the time with updates. Also: no Ilok of course!

TDR Nova GE and TBProAudio DSEQ. Both amazing tools.

Kazi7 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:53 am TDR Nova GE (which is currently on sale)
Where is it on sale, please?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

The shop is called Plugin Fox. KVR users say it's a trustworthy site:
viewtopic.php?p=7740813#p7740813

Direct link to their shop (I have no experience with shopping there): https://pluginfox.co/collections/tokyo- ... /promotion

Yep, I purchased TDR Nova GE last weekend on PluginFox without any issues.

midi_transmission wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:10 am Is there something like oeksound soothe but without ilok? Unfortunately soothe is only offered with ilok, so I'm looking for an alternative.
Trackspacer can do that.

Just set the sidechain to a copy of the main signal, so basically it "listens" to itself. Then, use the built-in low-cut filter so it just attenuates the "resonances" and not the fundamental frequencies.

www.wavesfactory.com/trackspacer

Reefius wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:40 am Yep, I purchased TDR Nova GE last weekend on PluginFox without any issues.
Sounds good. One question: after purchase, will Nova GE be registered to PluginFox user account or will it be registered over at the Tokyo Dawn site? I personally prefer the latter, since the Tokyo Dawn guys seem more reliable and trustworthy to me. Everything they do is on point, well thought out and proper.

Return to “Effects”