Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

highkoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:18 pm Its a friggin playground. :love:
Facts. :wheee:

Coincidentally... they've just released a version update.
A new Kilohearts software update is available.

Hello! The three of us have been hard at work squashing bugs and developing new features for you. Mostly bug-squashing at this point BUT we have added some nice new things like AIFF support in Phase Plant and a new useful way to add effects modules. We hope you'll like the new stuff!

You can update to v1.7.7. by simply running the Kilohearts installer and clicking 'update'. You can download the installer here https://kilohearts.com/faq. 

This release addresses a number of bugs and adds some new goodies. If you have used our plugins in your projects, we always recommend that you bounce your tracks before updating to a new version. You can also roll back to previous versions via the installer if you need to. 

Changelog

General
• Made it possible to add modules in the middle of a lane by holding down Alt on Windows or Command on Mac.
• Visual improvements to lanes when moving modules around.
• Disabled high DPI handling in DAWs that don't explicitly ask us if we support it.
• Fixed a visual problem in v1.7.5 where modulation knobs would appear outside their scroll areas and clutter up the whole interface.
• Better handling of high DPI/retina screens, especially on Windows.
• Fixed an issue with modulation labels getting cut off in parameter context popup.
• Fixed an incompatibility with older Mac OSX versions that prevented the plugins from being scanned by some DAWs.
• Fixed effects doing nothing on mono tracks.
• Fixed plugins not communicating the list of presets to the DAW in plugins that use VST preset banks (Faturator, Disperser, kHs ONE).

Phase Plant
• Added support for loading AIFF files.
• Added Peak display to the master meter in addition to RMS.
• Fixed a crash when adding empty keyframes in WT brush tool.
• Fixed a tiny offset error in the dB scale of the master meter.
• Fix for the sampler module playing back the sample with a few samples of delay.

Multipass
• Fixed broken sidechain input.

Slice EQ / Carve EQ
• Made it possible to reset the frequency axis by double-clicking on it.
• Fixed cut off label in spectrum dropdown in the status bar.

Disperser
• Fixed spectrum analyzer not showing.

kHs ONE
• Changed vendor string from "kiloHearts" to "Kilohearts" to be in line with our other plugins.

AAX
• AudioSuite support added.
• Fixed bypass not working.

Audio Unit
• Fixed a crash. 

If you have any issues with this update, please contact support@kilohearts.com

highkoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:18 pm This thing is going to be the synth to beat, and that is gonna sell a lot of the snap ins.
Not for me.

Weird.

:P
ImageImageImageImage

it is great and the upcoming features will be nice too!

Kilohearts have finally added a page of info about the subscription to their site. :hihi:

https://kilohearts.com/products/kilohearts_subscription

With no annual commitment and those "subscriber rewards" this looks like the best software subscription model I've seen... I already upgraded to the full ultimate collection though so I'm good until they release new plugins. 8)

Entertaining (or possibly annoying, depending on your age and tolerance for this kinda thing...) video about Phase Plant here:

https://youtu.be/aedl3TQx1bQ

Either way, the lad makes a great case for it. :)

Started demoing this finally. Sounds pretty good, after demoing Lion it is refreshing to hear some punch and quality :)

Immediately noticed the weak spot tho : the filters. I already own most Khs plug-ins and the filters always have been the weak spot, a bit sterile like Serum. Luckily you can use their other fx to beef things up a little.

I couldn't find a solo button for the generators tho, anyone knows how to solo ?

Too early to say if i will buy it. I also own Falcon and MSF and i get the idea that Phaseplant is more or less a simpler version of Falcon, with an easier to use interface. Altho Falcon seems to be better focused on sampling and PP on synthesizing. Melda Sound Factory is way more powerful but PP is so much quicker to work with.

The big plus for me are the snap-ins. When you're already familiar with Mutipass and Snap-heap it's so much fun to work with it in a synth. And that's where PP shines : it's so much more fun to work with than other mega synths.
More BPM please

Yeah a few people mention the filters could be better and Kiohearts have said it's something they're working on... I'm not entirely sure what else we want from filters though... :)

The EQs can be shaped into pretty much anything you want and automated. They're just not available in the generator section so maybe that's it. You can also stack regular filters for interesting combinations.

No 'solo' option on generators that I'm aware of. It might be another upcoming feature. They have indicated that they're continuously updating this with fixes and features.

Snap Heap and Multipass as snapins is an exciting prospect! :love:

I've bid 125$ for it in Luftrum's charity auction:
https://go.rallyup.com/charity2019

So pretty please enlighten me, is Phase Plant worth investing in and spending months of work in designing new sounds?

Id say definitely, but for patch purposes you might be tempted to wait for some of the feature requests mentioned in the thread to get added.
But especially considering the dev seems dedicated to updates, to me it seems like the synth to beat right now.
Its not perfect yet, but it has the potential to be.
ImageImageImageImage

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:50 pm So pretty please enlighten me, is Phase Plant worth investing in and spending months of work in designing new sounds?
Personally, I gave it a good demo but really didn't see what the fuss was about. If you want a complex beast, UVI Falcon has it beat in just about every department for me (more synthesis types, better sampler/granular, far more and better sounding fx, much better and more interesting filters, more flexible modulation possibilities etc...) and costs less!

I seem to end up buying most things eventually with no brainer sales etc, but really had no interest at all with this one.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:25 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:50 pm So pretty please enlighten me, is Phase Plant worth investing in and spending months of work in designing new sounds?
Personally, I gave it a good demo but really didn't see what the fuss was about. If you want a complex beast, UVI Falcon has it beat in just about every department for me (more synthesis types, better sampler/granular, far more and better sounding fx, much better and more interesting filters, more flexible modulation possibilities etc...) and costs less!

I seem to end up buying most things eventually with no brainer sales etc, but really had no interest at all with this one.
Thanks.

SLiC wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:25 pm

I have falcon and i can't send the filter output to a new osc there. Or send the wavetable output to the poly-filter to modulate the resonance. Or send the output of 1 sampleplayer to the other sampleplayers to modulate the output volume...

Great stuff in Phaseplant.

Return to “Instruments”