Speakers for a special need / what should i get recommendation

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Passing Bye wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:37 am .. if you can afford, Presonus Sceptre S8.
+1

good low end is expensive.

expensive to treat in a room, expensive to reproduce with speakers.

thick curtain wont fix low end, and unless it's a large room you probably have low end issues

Ploki wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:38 pm good low end is expensive.

thick curtain wont fix low end, and unless it's a large room you probably have low end issues
Depends on what you consider “expensive”. All of the above can be done for less than $1000 USD in a typical home studio housed in a 10 x 10 room or similar.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Depends on what you consider “expensive”. All of the above can be done for less than $1000 USD in a typical home studio housed in a 10 x 10 room or similar.
Ten feet or meters?

I'd be hardpressed to treat a room and buy a speaker system with convincing lows and treated for room modes (i dont know what lows are we talking about? I'm talking about low-lows, not lowmids.)

I guess in a 10m x 10m room if you don't go super low it's fine.

I think its more a question of what I consider LOW and TREATED, not expensive.
Because for 1000$ you can't do shit for below 100Hz in a small room.

Ploki wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:49 pm
EnochLight wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Ten feet or meters?

I'd be hardpressed to treat a room and buy a speaker system with convincing lows and treated for room modes (i dont know what lows are we talking about? I'm talking about low-lows, not lowmids.)

I guess in a 10m x 10m room if you don't go super low it's fine.

I think its more a question of what I consider LOW and TREATED, not expensive.
Because for 1000$ you can't do shit for below 100Hz in a small room.
Feet. And yes - you CAN treat for under 100hz for less than $1000.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:41 pm
Feet. And yes - you CAN treat for under 100hz for less than $1000.
with what? in a 10ft x 10ft (thats 3m x 3m for reference)

Fold old carpets from the household trash. And get measurement equipment for the 1000$ followed by a lot of trial and error...; - )

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”