If The Major DAW Developers Said They Were Dropping Support For Mac OS...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:09 pm "I've never had to reinstall Windows 7..." Then you're damn lucky. W7 is way more robust that XP and Vista were, but obviously you visit the Interwebs and eventually that seems to get everyone in trouble. Or a bad driver, or something else. I think the best I managed on W7 was about three years, and W10 about two years though it wasn't exactly the OS's fault. I've messed up macOS as well.

I think considering the vast amount of hardware Windows has to support, it does an amazing job of being stable these days. So does macOS, but they sort of "cheat" by supporting a very limited set of internal hardware. Linux is great too. They're all wonderful so what is the big issue here? Apple being jerks? That's nothing new. Microsoft has made sketchy moves as well.
There's only one time that I've had trouble getting into Windows and that was due to a power plug for one of my hard drives failing. I pretty much diagnosed the problem myself without the need of the web after some investigation of checking the hardware I had connected. Removing the hard drive from the enclosure and putting it in one of the drive bays of my desktop system solved the issue. So yeah..never needed to do a format and re-installation of Windows 7 64, which was installed in January of 2010... Still have one recovery restore point dated 23/01/2010...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

What a silly topic. When did apple ever decide they were going to drop anything? And why is this still going?

Catalina is just the next step in apple glossing over important functionality, what is to do?

Sorry if already posted :
apple-of-2019-is-linux-of-2000
You can't always get what you waaaant...

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:02 am What a silly topic. When did apple ever decide they were going to drop anything? And why is this still going?
Did you AT LEAST bother to read the thread title? :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:45 am
reggie1979 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:02 am What a silly topic. When did apple ever decide they were going to drop anything? And why is this still going?
Did you AT LEAST bother to read the thread title? :roll:
You mean the thread title that was changed from:
"Apple dropping the Mac OS and changing to Linux"
to:
"Major DAW developers dropping the Mac OS" ?
It's not like it doesn't matter or make a difference to what people had posted up until the 17th October - or how the thread may still be perceived.

Grum.

For reference: The thread title / sub heading title hasn't been changed at any time.

It's always important to properly read things that you are going to interact with, failure to do so has it's consequences.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:57 pm For reference: The thread title / sub heading title hasn't been changed at any time.

It's always important to properly read things that you are going to interact with, failure to do so has it's consequences.
Not even "OSX" being used when it was first written?

Grum.

Sorry for the boldish thought but I just thought it was silly.

Maybe it is not so silly. Because with Catalina Apple cancels
the famous and very popular image-management software
"Aperture AUS". For Mac OS 10.15 Aperture doesn't work any
more: click here (but only german).

What if Apple says - at the coming OS 10.20: "Sorry, but
Logic doesn't work anymore. But you can use Garageband
instead." :?: :idea: :scared: :(
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Well, maybe I was wrong, but that's what I was thinking at the time.

toonertik wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:28 pm I see the debate and rage continues...
nothing changes...
Im still
toonertik wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:52 pm not much reaction..
I'm a dozer
but
maybe a scratch balls and go, ok...
your decision...
are u sure it's a good decision?

and keep scratching...
OFC...

:oops:
OFC

Except when I'm laughing too much
I do wish you guys would cool it over all this....
What with the developer threads and this thread...
I've scratched me balls so much, they're all red and raw now :oops:

toonertik wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:25 pm
toonertik wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:28 pm I see the debate and rage continues...
nothing changes...
Im still
toonertik wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:52 pm not much reaction..
I'm a dozer
but
maybe a scratch balls and go, ok...
your decision...
are u sure it's a good decision?

and keep scratching...
OFC...

:oops:
OFC

Except when I'm laughing too much
I do wish you guys would cool it over all this....
What with the developer threads and this thread...
I've scratched me balls so much, they're all red and raw now :oops:
Is anyone forcing you to read these? :borg:
Fernando (FMR)

The borg collective symbol is effective as we ARE the borg, resistance is futile, number one.

fmr wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:30 pm
Is anyone forcing you to read these? :borg:
:D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:hihi:
:borg:
:wink:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”