Have you ever seen inside a VST plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Despite of being hungry VST users, I believe that most of you have never seen inside a VST plugin. I made mine using Synthmaker, back in the day, with both code and connecting my modules "Reaktor Style".
The only video I seen that is minimally similar to this was a video where the best you could see were 2 or 3 programmers typing in a laptop in a room... Nothing else... Not interesting at all...
Despite being using "Synthmaker", this is the real stuff!

In these 2 videos, I show the interior of 2 VST plugins:

QuadStortion (FX)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK233ixsqaA
SB-2 (Synth)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmoq4pnybw0

Cheers!
:tu:

TBH, every time i took a look inside a VST (or rather, a Reaktor ensemble), i quickly became overwhelmed and bored to death. Guess i'm rather a user, than really interested in the technical side of things.

Just my opinion, of course.

I know mate, I felt exactly that, the first time I looked at one. I started in Reaktor in 1999.
But, on my side, I was interested in understanding how that works.
When I started understanding it and seeing that I could start building stuff, I could not stop for ±15 years...

Please note that the first video is not about the schematics but how the "analogue" works.
Cheers!

Fair enough. :)

I've written a few VST plugins, and it is not pretty in there. :hihi:

LOL!
I guess they are built to be effective, not pretty...

I always imagined it’s a whole bunch of little people running around with 0s and 1s in their hands, a bit like The Numskulls

That only happens in Google's software.

I use SynthMaker/Flowstone myself so this is interesting :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

oh you use flowstone? then you must be aware of its home automation features. so let me ask, do you use that thing to feed your dogs? or your house boy.

klaatugort wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:24 pm oh you use flowstone? then you must be aware of its home automation features. so let me ask, do you use that thing to feed your dogs? or your house boy.
I use it to punch silly wankers like yourself in the nutters :party:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

synthmaker is for noobs

True. Real pros use Assembler.

Return to “Effects”