d16 announces Godfazer - Advanced modulation unit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In Finland the name Fazer is related to chocolate :hyper:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:25 am In Finland the name Fazer is related to chocolate :hyper:
Chocolate God. Now that’s a religion I can embrace.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Stringzy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:18 am did this thread actually reach a new level of KVR idiocy or sky is the limit?
The sky's the limit.

<waits patiently for someone to have a meltdown over Jesusonic>

neverbeeninariot wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:33 pm The sky's the limit.
Blasphemy. Reported to the authorities.

chk071 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:44 pm
My humblest apologies, what I meant to say was, The Firmament's the limit. :P

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:28 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:25 am In Finland the name Fazer is related to chocolate :hyper:
Chocolate God. Now that’s a religion I can embrace.
https://www.google.com/search?q=fazerin ... 2s7Bvu_g8M

neverbeeninariot wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:03 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:44 pm
My humblest apologies, what I meant to say was, The Firmament's the limit. :P
:tu:

Btw the excellent ARP Ensemble preset in the Misty Cosmos sound example sounds very similar to my favourite Syntorus preset Solina String 2. Just dial back the Dry/Wet knob to around 12 o'clock what I usually do. :)

I also like the Oldtimer preset a lot. I think it could sound great on organ sounds as well. 8)

Yeah. It's the sound, stupid! I'm getting goosebumply insta-retro vibes from the demos, some really lush textures there, very 3D. Must-buy, I'm afraid.

I wonder if the trumpet instrument name can offend people who are into politics as well?

I'm somewhat confused about what this thing is supposed to be in relation to Syntorus and Fazortan. Does it feature some of their algorithms or entirely new algorithms? Is it supposed to be a replacement or just an alternative?

And yes, the demos sound really good.

Are people actually trippin’ over the name of this plugin? Next thing you know, atheist will come out and also not buy it because they refuse to have a plugin with god in it’s name :lol: Cant wait to try it out. I use almost all of their effects. If it’s glitchy I wont buy it, as D16 doesnt believe in updates, granted theyve all worked smoothly. Their “large” display seems itll last for a few more years and when the resolution increases, theyll look like a fly on the screen. One of their plugins is already unusable. Syntorus I believe.

Syntorus is from the old lineup, where they didn't have large GUI's.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

dubguy99 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:44 pm I'm somewhat confused about what this thing is supposed to be in relation to Syntorus and Fazortan. Does it feature some of their algorithms or entirely new algorithms? Is it supposed to be a replacement or just an alternative?
I'm not sure either.

It can do things Syntorus and Fazortan can't do and if that's vice versa, then that would make it more of an alternative. And I doubt D16 will discontinue two plugins by releasing one new plugin. Fazortan2 is only a year old...

But I wonder if the things Syntorus and Fazortan can do and Godfazer can't, are that important to me to keep all three plugins. I already know Godfazer does my favourite Syntorus preset and if it does an impressive Small Stone as well, then... I have a feeling I won't need Syntorus and Fazortan anymore when Godfazer is released, so for me Godfazer will probably be a replacement.
Last edited by Lotuz2019 on Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burillo wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:02 pm Syntorus is from the old lineup, where they didn't have large GUI's.
Would an update been doable or would it have broken the plugin? I have a plugin, forget which one, that added larger UI on an update and it was working perfectly but some devs use different formats to rescale or something along those lines. I didnt pick up Syntorus due to the size. I know it’s an older plugin but it would be nice to know that they would update their plugins for longevity.

Return to “Effects”