Neutron 3 just dropped

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Advanced Neutron 3 Standard Neutron Elements

yehboy1 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:13 pm I have Ozone 8 Advanced, which has (mostly) the same EQ and dynamic EQ as Neutron. I'm wondering if there's any advantage in buying Neutron then, aside from a few extra modules. I mean more like workflow-wise. I guess the track-enhance and masking stuff. Just trying to think if it's worth buying since I can slap an Ozone EQ on every track and since I get the tonal balance plugin with Ozone already.
I'm curious, as well, especially considering the current price for the MPS 2.1 upgrade isn't much more than what Neutron 3 would cost me.

I suspect a big difference might be performance and resource usage if iZotope's claims are true. Neutron 3 is still new, so not a lot to go on.

I’ve definitely found Ozone to be more taxing on the CPU than Neutron 2, let alone 3. For limiting I ended up switching to Fabfilter L 2 mainly for the CPU savings

zacha wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:09 am I’ve definitely found Ozone to be more taxing on the CPU than Neutron 2, let alone 3. For limiting I ended up switching to Fabfilter L 2 mainly for the CPU savings
Ozone does glitch my computer when I first press play for about half a second but then runs pretty smooth. I have Reaper, I think thats a very efficient DAW, - no other plugin (none) other than Ozone makes it glitch no matter how many tracks I've had down.
I am tempted by the MPS2.1 upgrade offer of $149 (actually $127 at JRR) not only because of the masking stuff, but RX, Nectar3, Vocalsynth and Melodyne. All of which I can see using. I will have to download N3A to see if its friendly in terms of CPU.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Just demo-ing it now.
I must say that I find the Visual Mixer very nice and intuitive to use. I think thats free to keep whether you buy N3 or not actually. : ) Love the stereo width control. Thats improved things for me already tbh.
Anyone getting some latency issues with Sculptor?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Quick question: Does Neutron 3 offer automatic volume compensation?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:47 am Quick question: Does Neutron 3 offer automatic volume compensation?
There's option to automatically match effective gain when bypassing (if you have true bypass off). So it matches the gain after the plugin and not before it.

telecharge wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:00 pm
yehboy1 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:13 pm I have Ozone 8 Advanced, which has (mostly) the same EQ and dynamic EQ as Neutron. I'm wondering if there's any advantage in buying Neutron then, aside from a few extra modules. I mean more like workflow-wise. I guess the track-enhance and masking stuff. Just trying to think if it's worth buying since I can slap an Ozone EQ on every track and since I get the tonal balance plugin with Ozone already.
I'm curious, as well, especially considering the current price for the MPS 2.1 upgrade isn't much more than what Neutron 3 would cost me.

I suspect a big difference might be performance and resource usage if iZotope's claims are true. Neutron 3 is still new, so not a lot to go on.
Yeah I ended up getting Neutron 2 because I upgraded RX and found the Production bundle to be better value. I haven’t upgraded to 3 yet, but I might just end up upgrading via the bundle again.

They’ve actually got a post production tool getting launched shortly. You can book at their live event here.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prosession ... 8281737785

If I had to guess it will be some Neutron/Ozone style of channel strip designed specifically for treating dialogue and background music using slot of the noise and ambient management tools you find in RX.

But that’s just a guess.

It’s a Dialogue Match thing for reverb adjustment: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... odule.html

Fleer wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:04 am It’s a Dialogue Match thing for reverb adjustment: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... odule.html
Hahah!! Nice catch!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

@zacha did the work
Should be out by now!

As an owner of Alloy and Ozone 7 standard I've got a nice offer to upgrade to Neutron 3 and Ozone 9, both standard.

Is it worth it?

I use Alloy a lot on individual tracks and Ozone on busses, mostly I'm using eqs and limiters in both, transient shaper in Alloy and sometimes the exciters and the Ozone's stereo imager.

I don't have any other high end mixing plugins, mostly use these and the Studio One stock stuff. I only work with synths (software and harware), no acoustic instruments or vocals. I do a lot of mixing (my own stuff) but no actual mastering and don't care about any AI mixing/mastering assitance.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:20 pmIs it worth it?
How much is it? Because I'd rather go for this:

https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-tonal-b ... crossgrade

Using code 'group' it goes down to $167.16 (also for Europeans) and you get Advanced versions of N3 and O9 (+Nektar3). The Tonal Balance Control by itself is worth it, not to mention individual modules as plugins.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:37 pm
recursive one wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:20 pmIs it worth it?
How much is it? Because I'd rather go for this:

https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-tonal-b ... crossgrade

Using code 'group' it goes down to $167.16 (also for Europeans) and you get Advanced versions of N3 and O9 (+Nektar3). The Tonal Balance Control by itself is worth it, not to mention individual modules as plugins.
Thanks for the heads-up, that's quite a deal.

My offer is still somewhat cheaper though and I'm not sure how much of these "advanced" fetaures I actually need. It seems to be mostly about mixing/mastering auto-suggestions which I believe I don't need until I become confident about my own mixing abilities (and I definitely have no use for Nektar)

I just want a bunch of basic mixing tools, like eqs, compressors and such with state of art processing quality.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:02 pm I just want a bunch of basic mixing tools, like eqs, compressors and such with state of art processing quality.
Well, this is exactly what Neutron 3 is - just a super advanced/modern channel strip. Download the demo and give it a spin - best way to see if it works for you is to just try it, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Effects”