Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes! I'm surprised you were the first to notice! I got the brushed aluminum trashcan but it was only available in space grey, so it doesn't match the finish of the keyboard. :dog:
And of course... that things fills up with garbage almost as fast as any other computer I've owned!

justin3am wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:33 pm Yes! I'm surprised you were the first to notice! I got the brushed aluminum trashcan but it was only available in space grey, so it doesn't match the finish of the keyboard. :dog:
And of course... that things fills up with garbage almost as fast as any other computer I've owned!
hey justin, can you check mushys thread in modular, i think you'll be more helpful than me :tu:

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:35 pm
justin3am wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:33 pm Yes! I'm surprised you were the first to notice! I got the brushed aluminum trashcan but it was only available in space grey, so it doesn't match the finish of the keyboard. :dog:
hey justin, can you check mushys thread in modular, i think you'll be more helpful than me :tu:
Awesome, thanks man :tu:
Thanks Justin.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

pekbro wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:49 pm Eurocases.jpgDIY_Case_01_Crop.jpgSome Eurorack rig pics. I have pretty much come to prefer a component like setup
for Eurorack, with multiple smaller cases instead of huge ones. The smaller twin
cases were custom made for me, and I made other (with the snazzy acrylic back)
to go with them. It's hand made, mostly with 'old school' hand tools, planers, files etc.
Anyway, kind of cool, though I will probably remake it with some fancy hand cut
joinery as I seem to have taken up an interest in that. The case has 2 independent
Eric Synths power supplies in it, which is why there are 2 switches and power inlets.
:D
wow pekbro, you did it.. made your own case. I remember a while back I thought you said you lacked the skills.
Your made case is well smarter than mine... I just can't commit on size and style... pics coming.

Not the ideal place but it's all I have at this moment... workable.
IMAG0645.jpg
My ever changing case.. ooops.. cases.
I have 32hp of useful utilities running horizontally ( logics, attenuators.. trig to gate etc)
IMAG0646.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That looks like loads of fun. Could waste hours in there.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:18 pm That looks like loads of fun. Could waste hours in there.
waste.. waste... waste...

reported
waisted... maybe... wink

toonertik wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:27 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:18 pm That looks like loads of fun. Could waste hours in there.
waste.. waste... waste...

reported
waisted... maybe... wink
Hahah

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:36 pm
Thanks Justin.
lol. I didn't realize there was a 'modular' sub forum.

justin3am wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:29 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:36 pm
Thanks Justin.
lol. I didn't realize there was a 'modular' sub forum.
Mate it was designed for you!

Thanks guys!

@justin, hmm what kind of power problems do you get there? I've never noticed anything.
Mine are all switching PSU's though and technically external. Only the regulator and distribution
is inside the case. Linear is in my future yet.

@toonertik, I like your setup as well. Your cases look practical, and you probably saved a bunch
of time in sanding over mine. I sanded the shit out that case! It only looks as good as it does
because I kept fixing all the mistakes I made with it. On the positive side, I learned a ton about
woodworking while making it. I also learned that I like woodworking.

Anyway, I grade my case at B- or B maybe, while it's pretty square, it's not exactly square where
it should be. Still, I have impressed myself with the job and consider it a precursor to the wrap
around eurorack / 500 series / mixing console desk (with the Captain Kirk command chair in
the center) that I'm going to make. :D

I love this thread ... I used to think I had too many synths :lol:

pekbro wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:42 pm @justin, hmm what kind of power problems do you get there? I've never noticed anything.
Mine are all switching PSU's though and technically external. Only the regulator and distribution
is inside the case. Linear is in my future yet.
I used to get high-pitched whine and some cross-talk when patching between my big system (with a Power-One HCC-15-3a linear PSU) and my Shared System (with MakeNoise power and a Volgen PSU). At the time, I thought that using linear PSUs for everything was the solution but it turned out to be a problem with current leaking onto the 0v line. Since shielded cables (which most of the patch cables we use, are) provide a common 0v connection between modules (and therefore, between cases), it's not a problem most people notice. However, if one of your PSUs isn't properly grounded or your outlets don't provide a good path to earth ground, these types of things can become more easily noticeable. I also tend to use heavy compression with a ton of make-up gain which starts to exacerbate these kinds of noisy issues.

This is one of those things where you can spend a lot of time and money investigating a problem you may not even have. However, there are a few things which can help mitigate power issues, which don't cost much at all; particularly, if you have some DIY skills. Good bus boards, common 0v reference between cases, heavy gauge wire for connecting PSU to bus boards, etc.

Anyway, this probably isn't the best place for this discussion (less talk, more pics) so I refer you to one of several threads on which Graham Hinton has commented, on the MW forum.

@justin3am

Ahh, I have read through much of that already. I'm pretty interested in his power solutions actually.
At some point, I'd like to build a nice case around his power and distribution as they are bitchin imho
:)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:20 pm I love this thread ... I used to think I had too many synths :lol:
You can never have too many synths. Cables however....... as Scott Solida used to say: "I hate cables" :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”