oddities with TAL U-No-LX 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is v4 now...

Beta version, but v4.
:)

And when a new version (v1, v2, v3, v4...) is released it usually means a lot of improvements.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

The only two differences I see are the added keyboard and display (which personally I would have put somewhere in the middle). The display looks very realistic.

e-crooner wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:43 pm The only two differences I see are the added keyboard and display (which personally I would have put somewhere in the middle). The display looks very realistic.
And MPE and Micro tuning.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

e-crooner wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:43 pm The only two differences I see are the added keyboard and display (which personally I would have put somewhere in the middle). The display looks very realistic.
They have also added support for MPE.

I personally don't like the new skin. What is the point of on screen keyboards on a desktop plugin? waste of screen space in my opinion. I prefer the old skin as it lets you fill the screen up with the sliders, the keyboard stops you being able to do this.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

acid alex wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:43 pm

I personally don't like the new skin. What is the point of on screen keyboards on a desktop plugin? waste of screen space in my opinion. I prefer the old skin as it lets you fill the screen up with the sliders, the keyboard stops you being able to do this.
The new skin follows the hardware control panel. Therefore, they had to fill the space at the right of the Bender and LFO controllers with a keyboard (as happens in the hardware). What else could they put there? Actually, the Roland Cloud version of Roland Juno-106 (which is very close to the Juno-60) also has a keyboard.
Fernando (FMR)

acid alex wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:43 pm

I also liked the old layout much better (and was very happy when the last OP-X update went the opposite direction providing a skin without the keyboard).

I personally like new GUI... :)

any changes besides the GUI?

also, seems that V4 is only 64-bit

I like the new layout but I think the keyboard view should always be option. I do prefer it more rectangular like the real layout than a box (and works better in a DAW like Bitwig or Ableton with a row of devices underneath that you might want to access.

The beta is now 4.02
Looks good...

good update but the arp timing is still wrong compared to Kirnu Cream and other arps
should be (slow to fast)
1/1, 1/2D, 1/1T, 1/2, 1/4D, 1/2T, 1/4, etc

A triplet is faster than a normal note but in U-No the 1/8T is slower than 1/8.

IMO the dropdown for dotted and triplet should be removed and everything moved to the tempo slider in order of slowest to fastest.
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

Audio~Geek wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:55 pm good update but the arp timing is still wrong compared to Kirnu Cream and other arps
should be (slow to fast)
1/1, 1/2D, 1/1T, 1/2, 1/4D, 1/2T, 1/4, etc

A triplet is faster than a normal note but in U-No the 1/8T is slower than 1/8.

IMO the dropdown for dotted and triplet should be removed and everything moved to the tempo slider in order of slowest to fastest.
I suggest you to send him this excellent feedback (entirely).
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

4.0.8 beta made arpeggio changes.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Amazing so much better!
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

Anyone notice that the plugin focus changes the octave of your qwerty keyboard note triggers? If triggering notes from qwerty in your daw and then click in the uno plugin, it can change the octave. Maybe because it has it's own independent qwert trigger with it's own octave range?

Return to “Instruments”