DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

raymondwave wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:17 pm
acid alex wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:23 pm Just tested on my Mac and when using the Audio Unit the Detune knob does indeed get stuck when set to SWARM. It's fine in the VST version though.

EDIT: I just reported it.
Cool, I couldn't find a way to report it, other than registering at their forum. Been using Dune since v1 and this is the first glitch I've ran into, so pretty good job. Must've been over 10 years.

I use AU on Mac also, Studio One.
There is a link to email them for support/service at the top of this page

https://www.synapse-audio.com/contactus.html
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

The new right click to add modulation to a parameter is great.

It makes using Dune 3 so much easier.

Now please VST 3 and a reasonable sound browser.

acid alex wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:23 pm Just tested on my Mac and when using the Audio Unit the Detune knob does indeed get stuck when set to SWARM. It's fine in the VST version though.

Should be fixed now in the update we posted this morning :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:03 am

Should be fixed now in the update we posted this morning :)

Richard
That was quick, thanks!
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

Thanks for the update, Richard!
BONES wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:28 am I could probably do a skin for D3 in the original DUNE style if anyone was interested. It might end up being a bit bigger than the standard but I don't think it would be too much work.
Do it, Bones!

And I just found out you can make folders inside the wavetable folder. YAY!

No more sssslllllooooowwwwww scrooling!

Maybe everyone already knew that, but I didn't... :oops:

maximoog wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:41 pmNow please VST 3 and a reasonable sound browser.
Why do you need VST3? I keep installing them and get everything showing up twice in Cubase. It's annoying and I can't see a single reason to keep both VST2 and VST3 versions. At least the VST2's open in Orion as well as Cubase.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:47 pm
maximoog wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:41 pmNow please VST 3 and a reasonable sound browser.
Why do you need VST3? I keep installing them and get everything showing up twice in Cubase. It's annoying and I can't see a single reason to keep both VST2 and VST3 versions. At least the VST2's open in Orion as well as Cubase.
Also takes up more disk space keeping different versions of the same plugin.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Phew, good job it's not 20 years ago when hard drives were only 40 gb

40? Try 4GB. They got rapidly larger at the start of the Century but even in 1999 2GB-4GB was the norm. I remember when I started working for Autodesk in 2003 they gave me a 40GB portable drive and it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. A couple of years later it was worthless, with 200-250GB drives being common.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:47 pm
Some folks just need it, i suppose because of VST3 features, but they have to be implamented in VST plugin itself if im right. So i also dont understand whats the use :D anyways you can just delete the DLL in the folder and it wount show up. :)

BONES wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:31 am 40? Try 4GB. They got rapidly larger at the start of the Century but even in 1999 2GB-4GB was the norm. I remember when I started working for Autodesk in 2003 they gave me a 40GB portable drive and it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. A couple of years later it was worthless, with 200-250GB drives being common.
I started doing music on a Apple Macintosh IIx that had a 240 meg hard drive. 8)
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Commodore Amiga 500 then Apple Mac IIci 80MB HDD :hihi:
CodeUltra Sounds - Makers of ARKEON Join us on Instagram: Daily Production Tips, Cool Art, Synth Stories.

In my first PC, I had a 2.1GB Quantum ST HDD (that was a ***tty hard drive, but it was common back then, about 22 years ago).

My first Digital synth was a Korg DSS-1. I spent several hundred dollars in 1986, more than I earned in a week, to double it's RAM from 256kB to 512kB.

My first graphics workstation, in my first job as a designer, had a 1GB SCSI drive for video capture and that was just the most amazing thing anyone had ever seen. The system drive was 240MB and the pro-video card had 1MB of RAM in it. I think the PC had 64MB of RAM, yet I was able to run 3DS Max and Photoshop and actually get work done.
Elektronisch wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:36 amSome folks just need it
Clearly, I was just wondering why.
anyways you can just delete the DLL in the folder and it wount show up. :)
Which I will do once I am sure there is no reason to keep them. Again, hence the question.

Return to “Instruments”