VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

Must be close now...

:pray: I'm hoping to see the glue HD soon also

Have not heard Andy Scream

I'm hoping for a release in early December.

I've had a recent big milestone completed which is background update of changes to the circuit. When component values are randomised or changed currently the DSP thread is loaded with a re-computation cost. This is fine for the full version, but for the low cpu version I have to pre-compute some tables to speed things up. I've got up and running now a way to offload the pre-computation to a background thread, then warmup the circuit and swap it into the DSP thread without any cpu spikes. This is called "lock free programming" and I want to thank a good friend Magnus Lidström for giving me his excellent class that does this in a very tidy manner. We help each other out with various utility algorithms from time to time.

I've also spent some time re-visiting the UI design to make it a little less busy. Here is how the final version will look:

Last edited by andy-cytomic on Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Very nice..

can't wait ¡ for december ¡ amazing sound

Hype! I like that you keep aliasing in mind when doing physical modeling.

Have you thought of emulating a Macklemore VLZ Pro channel?

Korzybski wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:38 pm Have you thought of emulating a Macklemore VLZ Pro channel?
Someone does need to do the Mackie mixers at some point

Korzybski wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:38 pm Have you thought of emulating a Macklemore VLZ Pro channel?
the older CR1604 Mackie is the one everyone wants.

jbuonacc wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 am the older CR1604 Mackie is the one everyone wants.
I do want to check these out since there is a lot of people that love the sound of them being used as a stomp box.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

andy-cytomic wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:29 am
jbuonacc wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 am the older CR1604 Mackie is the one everyone wants.
I do want to check these out since there is a lot of people that love the sound of them being used as a stomp box.
Yes please! Can still be found for cheap and sound great when overdriven, hope you can pick one up and work your magic into a quality emu! :hail:

The Feedback PRE CR kit for Eurorack may be of interest?

andy-cytomic wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:29 am
Do iiiiiiiiiiiittttt :D :D :D

The schematics are available from Mackie here

https://supportloudtech.netx.net/loud-p ... gory/11521

Thanks for a great set of plugins Andy! I finally got The Scream the other day and I've been using The Drop and The Glue in pretty much every new project since I got them just over a year ago.

Really looking forward to the synth and any other upcoming Cytomic originals, as you seem really good at design as well as DSP based on The Drop and your deviations from the original in The Glue. (I missed out on DCAM back in the day.)

If you are in need of electronic before/after audio examples for The Scream (I get the impression most of the following here is more guitar based), let me know and I can post something so you can see if it meets your standards.

Return to “Effects”