list all wave editors for windows

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

there is soundforge, wavelab, wavosaur, goldwave, adobe audition, ReSample

I'm not happy with anyone of them. I have wavelab which is not bad, and I tried demo versions of the others. I still miss my cool edit, I want a real wave editor that can apply vsts and processing to selection. I don't need too much other bloat like multi tracks. wavosaur is not that far, but a bit too rough with vsts.

any other editor I should checkout?

midi_transmission wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:04 pm I want a real wave editor that can apply vsts and processing to selection.
Wavelab can do that...

The other ones probably as well. Pretty basic feature.

Audacity ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:18 pm
midi_transmission wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:04 pm I want a real wave editor that can apply vsts and processing to selection.
Wavelab can do that...

The other ones probably as well. Pretty basic feature.

Sure I have it an use it. But I miss a very focused and simple workflow like I had in cool edit.

Audacity is no fun to use, it's not very elegant.

Audacity is also 32 bit on Windows only, for reasons I can't fathom.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivosight Soundop (very close to Cool Edit Pro / Audition)

SOUND IT! Pro / Basic (Basic will probably already fill what you seek)

Acon Digital Acoustica is a great audio editor, very light, and also allows you to do what you seek.
Last edited by fmr on Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

toddbooster wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm Audacity is also 32 bit on Windows only, for reasons I can't fathom.
No, no.

Audacity is 64-bit as well.

And it runs on Windows, on OSX, and on Linux.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

And it can edit 16/24/32 bits and it can save up to the very high rate of 96kHz.

BlackWinny wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 pm
toddbooster wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:37 pm Audacity is also 32 bit on Windows only, for reasons I can't fathom.
No, no.

Nope. Just checked, and, it's 32-bit. Just because it says it can run on Windows 64-bit doesn't mean that it's actually 64-bit.

You can see it in the task manager. If it says "Program name (32-bit)", it is a 32-bit program.

That also means that it can only run 32-bit VST's, of course.

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:29 pm
No, no.

Nope. Just checked, and, it's 32-bit. Just because it says it can run on Windows 64-bit doesn't mean that it's actually 64-bit.

You can see it in the task manager. If it says "Program name (32-bit)", it is a 32-bit program.

Exact. Checked again. Sorry.
:oops:

But at least, there is also a release for OSX and Linux.
:wink:

Another suggestion : ocenaudio ?

BlackWinny wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:07 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:29 pm
No, no.

Exact. Checked again. Sorry.
:oops:

But at least, there is also a release for OSX and Linux.
:wink:
I haven't tried it for a long time. Nice to see they at least did some work to the GUI. :) It was horrible before, and now it's at least moderately reasonable.

Time moves slowly in the open source universe.

https://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html

At work in the studio I use SoundForge 11. But I also use WavePad Sound Editor Master's Edition. It is paid because it supports VST. I have version 7. It seems that already the 9 beta version has appeared, but I did not buy the update. Enough 7 version.

When I was using Reason as a DAW, Ocenaudio was my go to editor for pure functionality, speed and practicality -- It's simple yet perfect for sample work. I can afford what I want however this covered 95% of stuff I needed to do, and fast.
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”