XSRDO Analogy Official Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ha, yeah, I had to use the windows magnifier myself. After playing with it for a couple of hours, now I know what
all of the inputs are.

There are a lot of very good freeware synths now. Must be about twenty must have synths, but if I had to get it down to five or so, I would keep this one.

anyway, what sets this one apart is several things. It has a random osc noise generator which is important and most people leave out. It sends sounds to a filter that has to be modulated to hold back the sounds, and that is vintage and very cool.

Meanwhile, it can also control the sound from its source with the polyphonic modules' envelopes.

Its the first I have heard of the K35 filter and that sounds great. I sent random noise to the formant filter and then the K35, controlling the flow AND modulating the filters with the envelopes and lfo. It sounds so good.

The way the second polyphonic module deals with sync and the pitch of the two osc is unique, also, and sounds gorgeous.

So, basically, this synth is awesome. I wish developers would start using nag screens and try to get a few dollars for their plug-ins. The nag screen doesn't have to disable the plugin at all, just reminds people that money is necessary. Not a donation, either. Payware that a person can use and then pay for when its a good time for them money-wise.

The limits and quirks of analogy's modular design are a big creativity booster. Not to mention how nice the pad module sounds. I haven't even checked out the ring modulator yet or tried the fm and pm.

problems I have identified:

have to send the oscillators through some filter or get a lot of clicks. The clicks are accross the whole frequency spectrum and can't be edited out with clean up plug ins. I thought it might just be the poly oscillators and possibly the culprit was their filter (is this really necessary to have for these?)

But I heard the clicks using single cycle waveform with the sampler module, too. I think the pad module was the only one without the click issue.

Besides that, the plucked string module worked for me one time but has since not worked, the decay does not respond now. no biggie, for me.

Thank you for the support, the midi learn is working great and the midi velocity module combined with the amp module is working great, also.

I am up and running with Analogy now. No clicks as long as I use a filter, which can be set to zero so no problem whatsoever.
Might want to let users know how to get rid of the clicks, don't know if figuring out how to eliminate them from the source will be worth the time it might take.

Thank you again for the synth and support.

0degree wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:06 am
jeff51 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:55 am
0degree wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:57 pm Wow, really nice - thank you! I'd suggest slightly bigger fonts and ligther background to make text more readable :)
Exact , same thing for me ! With my old eyes, it's difficult to see :?
Haha! Same here, getting old
There is an option to make the fonts bigger, but it's turned off by default.
I could re-enable it as a menu option as a v1.1.1 update but I'm spending
most of my time converting all the graphic routines to work with the 64bit
version so it might be moot at this stage.

Kirsty
ps. I wear glasses so the small font looks OK to me :)

kvnes wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:31 am ...have to send the oscillators through some filter or get a lot of clicks.
I'm curious why you get that. Could you post a patch where this happens so that I can investigate.

Thanks Kirsty

xrdo.PNG
much less clicks this time I tried it, so it might be my system needed a restart, too. Hardly any now, but none with added filter module. Really very little clicking now, but a few little clicks here and there, on my system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Updated to v1.2

Maintenance and technical update.
This is the final release of the 32bit Synthedit version. In fact I've deleted Synthedit off my computer now
as I'm 75% into the next version in my modular plugin series, which is 64bit VST 2.x written from the
ground up in c++ with some great new features.

Free as usual...
http://xsrdo.blogspot.com/

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty !

I remember your first version from 2014 to 2017 : It was already nice to experiment.
:phones:

So you didn't give up and you worked on a new version around a new engine ?
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Nice, thanks! Sound good!

Thanks for the nice comments, there always welcome. :)

The 64Bit version is coming along nicely.
So far this week I converted all the effects into insert's, so no more send's with a fixed signal path.
Being able to choose which modules go to which effect in any order opens up the signal path and sound dramatically.

Kirsty

kirsty roland wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:41 pm Thanks for the nice comments, there always welcome. :)

So far this week I converted all the effects into insert's, so no more send's with a fixed signal path.
Being able to choose which modules go to which effect in any order opens up the signal path and sound dramatically.

Kirsty
:wheee:

:tu:

kirsty roland wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:41 pm Thanks for the nice comments, there always welcome. :)

Kirsty
Great stuff! Thanks for everything you are doing Kirsty :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Kirsty
this sounds really promising,
is there any eta yet?

rsmus7 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:43 pm this sounds really promising,
is there any eta yet?
α β γ δ ε ζ ... η ?

:dog:

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

eta = estimated time of arrival
NOT beta

:hihi:

Hi Guys

eta is any anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks.
I'm currently at beta 0.88 and typically increase by 2 to 3 versions per week, time permitting.

This week I want to program a new type of arpeggiator module.
I'd like to move away from the typical MIDI arp (which I think most, if not all, DAW's include anyway) and create a CV based ARP to operate on any other CV signal. There should also be multiple instance's of it just like any other module thus providing some very complex rhythmic stuff.

I spend quite a lot to time just playing with it at the moment. So I'm stress testing it to weed out any bugs.
In fact if anyone wants to help me bug test it and thus speed up development, I can post the current version on my blog. I need to make decisions on things like GUI layout and design, preset/program management, GUI visuals (it now has flashing leds, vu meters and stuff).
Although the general theme is that of a modular synth (influenced by Moog, Grp and Doepfer) I want
to create an easy to use synth that allows me to explore sound in interesting ways.

So yeh, it's getting there
Kirsty :)

rsmus7 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:38 am eta = estimated time of arrival
NOT beta

:hihi:
:D

Return to “Modular Synthesis”