Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thelizard wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:49 pm Windows public betas are ready: https://www.dropbox.com/s/40g2f0qcx8fg6 ... 5.zip?dl=0
(No AAX yet).

I'll get Mac builds up in about an hour.
Nice one :)

evo2slo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:43 pm
Beachboy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:31 pm
thelizard wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:44 pm Loop master envelope: one thing to consider is that the Master ADSR is always linked to the MIDI gate... but the Mixer Gain controls can be modulated by any other modulator. To create looping envelopes, what I do is I set the Master ADSR to short attack, short release, and 100% sustain. From there, I attach an AD Envelope to the Gain controls and set it to loop.
The AD envelope goes out of sync when I try this. I started with the default (init) patch, set the Master ADSR to short attack, short release, connected the ADSR output to the trigger of the AD envelope and enabled cycle. The AD env modulates the osc gain. I played a long note at 120 bpm and set the duration to 1/4 (should be a length of 250 ms). But it will only stay in sync of quarter notes when I enter the value 0.234 s. I use Studio One 4 and Windows 10. I also have same out-of-sync problem with the AD env in BYOME. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone else have that issue?
Yes, I can confirm that. Cubase 10, Mojave. Exactly as described, out of sync with click track at 1/4 120bpm and at 250ms but stays in sync at 234ms.
The problem still exists although it was confirmed by users like evo2slo who even made a video (see page 40) where the problem is shown starting at 1:47 min. I hope that it will be fixed with the next update.

VERY nice! That CLIP button! Now we can have a CLEAN sine..woehoe!

muki wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:06 am enjoy the concert
no hurry!
It was a damn good show. They're such a solid band.

Mac builds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/axqo024mzdfb5 ... 6.zip?dl=0
Win builds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/40g2f0qcx8fg6 ... 5.zip?dl=0
Mac AU: https://www.dropbox.com/s/obfpeun77c17v ... 7.zip?dl=0

LION 1.1.0 beta build 1 changelog:
-Added a CLIP button to turn off the output soft clipper. It is now disabled by default.
-Added a MOD button to the Legato section. When enabled, secondary modulators will not automatically reset when receiving a tied Legato note.
-Added a PHZRAND button (will probably rename this) to the bottom right. When enabled, each voice on a unison stack will have a random phase when a new note is received.
-Fixes for certain oscillator modes not phase resetting with new notes.
-Fixes for the LP/HP/BP12 filters in oversampling modes or high sampling rates.
-Fixes for the BYOME Gate effect. Hysteresis and Flip weren't working correctly.
-Fix for the effects auto resetting when playing a DAW loop that would reset to position 1.0.0.
-Fix for the filter "thwip" that would occur sometimes in the first note of a voice.
-Added the ability to horizontally scroll on Windows with a vertical mousewheel. Hold shift to enable this scroll. NOTE: You can drag BYOME effects while holding shift!

Probably some other things I'm missing. We're looking into the preset-change crashing and the AD tempo sync bugs! We'll post more builds this week.
Last edited by thelizard on Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelizard wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:36 pm LION 1.1.0 beta build 1 changelog:
-Added a CLIP button to turn off the output soft clipper. It is now disabled by default.
-Added a MOD button to the Legato section. When enabled, secondary modulators will not automatically reset when receiving a tied Legato note.
-Added a PHZRAND button (will probably rename this) to the bottom right. When enabled, each voice on a unison stack will have a random phase when a new note is received.
-Fixes for certain oscillator modes not phase resetting with new notes.
-Fixes for the LP/HP/BP12 filters in oversampling modes or high sampling rates.
-Fixes for the BYOME Gate effect. Hysteresis and Flip weren't working correctly.
-Fix for the effects auto resetting when playing a DAW loop that would reset to position 1.0.0.
-Fix for the filter "thwip" that would occur sometimes in the first note of a voice.
-Added the ability to horizontally scroll on Windows with a vertical mousewheel. Hold shift to enable this scroll. NOTE: You can drag BYOME effects while holding shift!

Probably some other things I'm missing. We're looking into the preset-change crashing and the AD tempo sync bugs! We'll post more builds this week.
Great. Thank you so much for yr work.

Regards,
tl.

Audilepsy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:32 am
evo2slo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:13 pm
Audilepsy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:39 am I'm finally here in the LION chat.
Perhaps you can help me, I asked this a while back but did not get an answer.

How do you retrigger an envelope in mono mode with each note input (while sustaining the notes)?

I think it must have to do with the Trigger input of the envelope, but connecting the Gate from Midi Input does not work. Is there some other way to send note input signals to the Trigger on the envelope?

In Poly modes if the envelope is set to mono it does not retrigger with each note input, but if the envelope is set to poly then it retriggers with each note input up to the the level of Poly mode LION is set to (2 retriggers in Poly 2, 4 retriggers in Poly 4, etc.).

In Mono mode (and Legato) changing the envelope from mono to poly doesn't seem to do anything.

Edit: maybe I can explain that better. I want to trigger an envelope with note input in mono. i can trigger it with an LFO, but not with a new note input. Does anyone know if this is possible?
I'll experiment tonight and see if I can figure it out.
Edit: Okay, this is a bug. I'll let the devs know. Good find!
Will the bug with the inability to trigger an envelope with a new note input signal be addressed? I find it very frustrating not to be able to do this. I haven't seen it mentioned, and it is still not functioning in the latest update.

Thank you for all the fixes so far!

FYI:No AU in the mac directory.

mschenkel wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:32 am FYI:No AU in the mac directory.
My mistake! Made it in uncaffeinated autopilot mode. Here's the AU link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/obfpeun77c17v ... 7.zip?dl=0

Thanks for all the great updates.

thelizard wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:12 pm
mschenkel wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:32 am FYI:No AU in the mac directory.
My mistake! Made it in uncaffeinated autopilot mode. Here's the AU link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/obfpeun77c17v ... 7.zip?dl=0
I was guessing something similar :hihi:

btw: no plans for snappier envelopes?

Having trouble getting MPE pitch bend at +-48... the manual says "Per-note bends are +/- 48 semitones, which is the MPE standard. This will provide intuitive slides on MPE controllers
like the ROLI Seaboard". Doesn't seem to be working properly in Waveform or Bitwig....
Last edited by Ou_Tis on Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:25 am WTF... is the maximum pitch bend 24? Sliding from one note to another two semitones away on the Seaboard isn't possible? If so, this is terrible. Drastically diminished MPE playability.

Is there a way to get the pitch bend to be +- 48?
If you turn on MPE mode (bottom left), per-note pitch bend is 48 while global pitchbend (via a wheel) is set using the drop down menu. I’ve tested this to work with the Seaboard and Sensel Morph.

thelizard wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:41 am
Ou_Tis wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:25 am WTF... is the maximum pitch bend 24? Sliding from one note to another two semitones away on the Seaboard isn't possible? If so, this is terrible. Drastically diminished MPE playability.

Is there a way to get the pitch bend to be +- 48?
If you turn on MPE mode (bottom left), per-note pitch bend is 48 while global pitchbend (via a wheel) is set using the drop down menu. I’ve tested this to work with the Seaboard and Sensel Morph.
Already tried turning that on. Other MPE plugins (Cypher2, Equator) work fine in my DAWs....

Are you using the beta builds above or the PA 1.0.0 release? That will help me test things out. If you’re using 1.0.0, could you try out 1.1.0?

thelizard wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:46 am Are you using the beta builds above or the PA 1.0.0 release? That will help me test things out. If you’re using 1.0.0, could you try out 1.1.0?
I figured out the issue... with Bitwig I had to change "Channel To" to "Same". For Waveform I think the preset I was using just had pitch modulations which confused my ear (and tuner), but the Default pitchbend is working properly with MPE on.

Return to “Instruments”