d16 announces Godfazer - Advanced modulation unit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maximum 4 bar lfo sync?!?

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:51 pm So is itthere any godgood?
fxit it

RobGee wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:14 pm Maximum 4 bar lfo sync?!?
I contacted them with the feature request to expand that to something like 64 bars, and received the reply that it´s "likely" they are going to implement that in an upcoming update.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:35 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:51 pm So is itthere any godgood?
fxit it
:scared:

epiphaneia wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:18 am
I contacted them with the feature request to expand that to something like 64 bars, and received the reply that it´s "likely" they are going to implement that in an upcoming update.
Hopefully they implement it. I don’t really like the chorus/ensembles compared to other options out there, some of the phasors sound nice but they really need longer synced lfo times.

epiphaneia wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:18 am
That's good, it would be a cool feature.

This sounds supremely good . It's a versatile unit too; the structure does not restrict it to one particular effects process . A definite essential purchase without a shadow of doubt!

The CPU load is something which may be an issue, I guess due to the link between performance and CPU useage: a relatively heavy load is the price of the incredibly clear sounding algorithms. It seems they have again chosen to stretch the current processors close to the edge in a no-compromise quest for the best sound. Whatever the D-16 team have installed under the bonnet , so to speak, it really seems to have done the trick : an astounding sound, bravo!

blob 59 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:27 pm This sounds supremely good . It's a versatile unit too; the structure does not restrict it to one particular effects process . A definite essential purchase without a shadow of doubt!
I agree, you can get some very sonorous modulation effects from it.
The magic is in the combination of features that can make the subtle (or not so subtle) difference.
I have a bunch of chorus plugins but few have the richness this has.

Example 1:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... it-for-d16

I'm still demoing it but still not sure if I want to buy it.

I have some very nice moments with it, but somehow I miss something special that I can't get otherwise. I like strong colors. That sounds more negative than I mean it. It's a good plugin! But I already have so much stuff that I need something special to get another one.

What's your experience after some time using it? It's possible that I have just not found it's strengths. One area that I have not explored are step filters with modulation. I used rather the ensembles/chorus so far.

It sounds decent but not cheap enough

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ijiwaru wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:25 am Can this do step phaser/filter sounds like Boss PH-3 in step mode or the Zoom 505 'step' patch?
Do you mean this type of effect?

https://youtu.be/EfuYqqDkr5w

Yes, you can make it sound very similar with Godfazer's step modulator.

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Try the demo. :tu:

ijiwaru wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:14 am Yes exactly that! Thanks.
Here is a Boss PH style preset for Godfazer:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-com/boss-ph-like-7

Return to “Effects”