Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:45 am The first video about Tone2 Icarus is finished.

It shows some factory sounds and features. Everything in this video way played life by myself with only a single instance of the synth. No external FX or drums were used.

https://youtu.be/J0eG-gormy8
But how is the state of the Matrix? it never shows in the video. how it is and what's new there?

Also is there some Out channels for further process for the Drums in Icarus to the mixers? something like the 6out version of MSoundFactory does? this would be useful, what if I want to process separately the snare, the kick, the closed hat, tambourine ext. with some extra effects.

JunSev wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:49 am
Markus Krause wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:45 am The first video about Tone2 Icarus is finished.

It shows some factory sounds and features. Everything in this video way played life by myself with only a single instance of the synth. No external FX or drums were used.

https://youtu.be/J0eG-gormy8
But how is the state of the Matrix? it never shows in the video. how it is and what's new there?
During the creation of the patches which are shown in the video i never have been running out of slots. The patches are extremely complex ones with several layers and mostly all available lfos/msegs/envs were used.
Nevertheless I reserved additional space in the patch-format. So the matrix can be extended easily without breaking downward compatibility in a free update. From the technical side a 'modulate send value with a second source' is also possible. From the sound-designers perspective i would prefer this solution.

I am seriously considering adding separate outputs for the drums. I am currenly working on this.
But this could result in dramatic technical problems with some hosts when users load a old project that has been created with Icarus v1.x. I

Nice to hear, Icarus looks beautiful with all those real-time visuals. :)

Also another thing... I'm curious :roll: the "phase" knob in the previous Icarus 1.6 doesn't move the position of the step LFO, I don't know why, does I2 already managed that or it continues the same way?

This is going to be an amazing update to a great synth. :clap:

fmr wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:44 pm What about the upgrade price? is there a decision already?
Not that i know any details but looking on the upgrade prices for other tone2 instruments i guess between 59€ - 79€. Just my humble conclusion. :D
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

If I would buy Icarus 1.6 now, can I use the same key file for Icarus 2 or do I need a new key file ?
If I need a new key file do I have email tone2 do I get it automatic ?

Icarus 1.x keys do not work in Icarus2.
If you buy it now you will receive icarus 1.6 with an icarus 1 key at once. Furthermore you will receive icarus2 together with a new keyfile automatically and for free as soon as it is available.
Icarus2 is 100% downward compatilble. You can load all your songs and patches created with v1.6 without any further steps necesary

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:37 pm Icarus 1.x keys do not work in Icarus2.
If you buy it now you will receive icarus 1.6 with an icarus 1 key at once. Furthermore you will receive icarus2 together with a new keyfile automatically and for free as soon as it is available.
Icarus2 is 100% downward compatilble. You can load all your songs and patches created with v1.6 without any further steps necesary
OK, thanks !
Bought it (and hope it works like you described) !

mladi wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:24 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:44 pm What about the upgrade price? is there a decision already?
Not that i know any details but looking on the upgrade prices for other tone2 instruments i guess between 59€ - 79€. Just my humble conclusion. :D
59€/69$ would be a nice upgrade price,
79€/89$ its already a little bit pricey (not for everyone but for many will feel like that).

And this because of the big competition and offers currently on the market and the price of products have a big impact with the purchase decision with many users and current costumers.

Whatever the cost is from 59€/69$ to 79€/89$ I will upgrade because It is my favorite go-to synth with MSF, but I also feel 79€/89$ would be a little bit pricey for an upgrade and many people will not receive that offer with so much enthusiasm considering the competition and offers in the market right now.

JunSev wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:46 am
mladi wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:24 pm
59€/69$ would be a nice upgrade price,
79€/89$ its already a little bit pricey (not for everyone but for many will feel like that).
Feeling the same here.

60€ seems about right...
Should be a pre-order price that's a little lower, good for cash flow :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

update:

Drum-sequencer:

Icarus2 has beed extended with a Drum-sequencer. It is an easy-to-use, but powerful X0X-style sequencer-module.
It comes with a wide variety of drum-sounds, noises and waveforms. You can also import your own samples in wav-format and save your own templates.
A large collection of drum patterns created by professional designers is included.
It supports swing, shuffle, loop-length, effect send, key-split, roll, mono samples, stereo samples, looped samples and looped waveforms.
Your sounds can be passed through punchy, BPM-synced envelopes, which allow you to create impressive gated-drum-sounds easily.
The Drum-sequencer is able to stretch drum-loops that have been recorded in wav-format, so that they automatically sync to BPM.
Furthermore, the Drum-sequencer is not only limited to playing drum sounds. It is able to play looped mono and stereo-samples or waveforms with or without pitch-tracking.
It does also come with a smart auto-accompaniment which automatically resolves the chord that you are currently playing and plays a bassline that 'fits'.

Glitch-sequencer:

Icarus2 had been extended with a grid-based Glitch-sequencer. You can chop your sounds to get modern glitchy, stuttering effects.
The 'Glitch' works similar to a multi-effect sequencer. The incoming audio is passed through 10 effects. Each effect is controlled by up to 16 segments to adjust the parameter of the effect.
Furthermore, it is possible to adjust the speed, routing, mix, smoothness and loop-length.
Random-buttons allow you to create new sounds quicky. It is also possible to load and save your own templates.

New features:

- Icarus2 does come with over 1500 patches created by professionals
- A massive number of additional wavetables, waveforms and samples

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:00 am It supports swing, shuffle, loop-length,
Does it support polymetric sequences (so a different loop length per lane/druminstrument)?

Stefken wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:11 am
Markus Krause wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:00 am It supports swing, shuffle, loop-length,
Does it support polymetric sequences (so a different loop length per lane/druminstrument)?
I'd definitely second that, pretty neat feature to have on your disposal.

Return to “Instruments”