Babylon Synth by W.A Production

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Babylon

They both appeared about at the same time, I got Union, but not Babylon. Babylon just looks as if its the standard architecture like millions of others and it is ridiculously little more "expensive". Union I just could not resist, Babylon I could...
I am not alone = explanation...

The thing is, Babylon sounds a lot better than Union. It has a huge bottom end, it has everything you need right now, a better range of filter types and it's easier to use. Babylon is a synth I could imagine people paying full price for, Union isn't. i.e. You'll only buy Union because it's cheap, you might buy Babylon because it's a pretty decent synth. Don't Gert me wrong, I don't mind Union but I think Babylon is a lot better.
exmatproton wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:45 amMaybe because this synth hasn't got much going on? It just is a good synth, but kinda "standard/basic/boring/simple"
Union is even more bare-bones than Babylon, which was kind of my point.
FotoxBr wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:31 amI bought both Union and Babylon. Just because I am curious. They are both fun to explore.
Yeah, me too. I think Babylon is actually pretty good and it is extremely easy to work with. Union is a bit more limited but I love the GUI so it's just nice to explore.
I do not understand why some people are so negative about these inexpensive synths. I also bought Sektor and Wiggle while these were dirt cheap. I think it is funny that some people are explaining here that these synths are not as good as Diva, Serum, Phaseplant or whatever. Only buying one of these synths cost you 4 to 5 times as much as the 4 synths, that I mentioned earlier, together. Not even talking about hardware synths.
That's what annoys me about it, too. And the way people want to categorise everything. e.g. "I already have a wavetable synth so I don't need Sektor" kind of bullshit. It strikes me as really limited thinking from clueless idiots.
BlackWinny wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:04 pmThere are many synths which are at these low prices (or even free) and which are awesome (or at least offering very original features to stand out from the common pack) as soon as their first release.
Wrong thread, this is Babylon, which has loads of features.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

As far as inexpensive synths go, I took a chance on Fathom Pro last year, and Sektor more recently.

I am very impressed by the aggressive development and responsiveness to the community from the Fathom dev. That synth has a lot of potential and many unique features, and an interesting development plan for the future.

I like the Sektor UI, and the sounds are pretty good. I think it is fun and usable. I need to spend more time with it. I hope this one continues to receive much love from the dev team going forward.

So I will hold the line on the two most recent arrivals in the inexpensive synth category, Babylon and Union, as inexpensive as they are at the moment. Too many distractions on hand already, but based on the demos they look like fun. I am not convinced yet that these developers are committed to long term development of their synth products. But we shall see...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Don't feel bad. No matter which thread he participates in, there is always at least one "clueless idiot"!!!!

8)
바보

At first I thought your user name was "butt-f**ker" but it's actually "buff-tucker" which is almost as funny.
zzz00m wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 amI am not convinced yet that these developers are committed to long term development of their synth products. But we shall see...
Why does that matter? Obviously in the case of Union, they have admitted there are missing features that will be added but if Babylon never receives an update again, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I bought it yesterday, and I was easily able to make few Dubstep sounds. The only problem I have is- I cant find how to change filter speed to sync to tempo. Like when it goes wab wab wab wab- it does not sync, and I at least need to be able to speed it up or slow it down, because without some kind of syncing or speed adjustment all the woobles are useless. Anybody sees how to adjust it? Thanks.

You need to turn on Sync in the LFO and then it should follow your host's tempo and be in time. From there you can change the note division to get the length you want/need.

bc
Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

That doesn't even sound like music, it's more like a bunch of kids in a pre-school, and it goes on FOREVER. If that's what microtonal stuff is useful for, then it's not very useful at all.

BONES wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:52 am That doesn't even sound like music, it's more like a bunch of kids in a pre-school, and it goes on FOREVER. If that's what microtonal stuff is useful for, then it's not very useful at all.

Well, you would know I guess.

Your words are more like crayons than something an adult would scrawl against a blackboard by mistake.

No offense.

:party:

When will this 'Dirty Protest' of yours end?

So we all just supposed to love everything, no matter how absolutely shithouse it really is? Grow up and try being honest for a change. Just because you like something doesn't make it good and that's just fine. The only thing that should matter is whether or not you like it.

BONES wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:24 am At first I thought your user name was "butt-f**ker" but it's actually "buff-tucker"
YES!! I'm not the only one!! :hyper:

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:08 am See Aleksi Perala (from Rephlex Records) if you want to know more about the Colundi sequence (micro-tonality).
Very nice. Thanks for sharing Vol 2 which has 16 tracks. There are some really nice moments in this.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BONES wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:48 am So we all just supposed to love everything, no matter how absolutely shithouse it really is? Grow up and try being honest for a change. Just because you like something doesn't make it good and that's just fine. The only thing that should matter is whether or not you like it.
You are right.

Let me take your philosophical viewpoint.
So we all just supposed to love everything
I suppose not.

Grow up.

I did. I just got 3 inches taller. And 5 years older. Thanks.

try being honest for a change

I tried it. It's great. I was so used to robbing people and ripping them off. I knew there was something missing in my soul. That was the ticket.

For example. I just fleeced a guy for 10K who thought he was buying a genuine Ferrari, but it was just a knock-off, of course. As he was heading down the road, I heard your words in my head. I telephoned him immediately. I said: "Do not drive that death-trap an inch further my gullible little friend".

It felt good to be 'honest for a change'. I don't think I could have done it without you, Bones.

Just because you like something doesn't make it good and that's just fine

That's right. I like having my balls nailed to the table by stern looking women in Leather. It may not be 'good'. That's 'fine'.

The only thing that should matter is whether or not you like it.

I do like it!

I can't get enough of it!

:party:

:love:

:hyper:

Return to “Instruments”