Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am a NI fanboi and I don't recall the initial price being an intro offer.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

v1o wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:43 am Who would choose Repro-5 over Super8 if they could only keep one?
I would, in a heartbeat. For many reasons, but most of all I appreciate that Urs puts poly aftertouch in his instruments and NI doesn’t seem to be aware of such things. :?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

telecode wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:49 am I am a NI fanboi and I don't recall the initial price being an intro offer.
Me neither... :scared: :roll:
Strange move done by NI.
Was on my buying list for BF.
However, now I wait for the 50% upgrade to Komplete 13.
I have enough alternatives to play with...

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:28 pm I think you're being a bit unfair here. Nobody is saying it doesn't sound analogue, or how much analogue it is. We're just discussing the sound itself, and how we perceive it. It happens I think it's kinda flat, and v1o agrees with me, that's all. Matter of taste, I guess we all still can have our own (and talk about it), can't we?
Not when it comes to u-he. :x Thou shalt not speak an ill word of any u-he creation or thee fanbois will come out from the shadows to rip into anyone and everyone that dares to show anything less than pure adulation! Heaven help he/she that isn't completely awestruck!

Russell Grand wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:55 am
Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:28 pm I think you're being a bit unfair here. Nobody is saying it doesn't sound analogue, or how much analogue it is. We're just discussing the sound itself, and how we perceive it. It happens I think it's kinda flat, and v1o agrees with me, that's all. Matter of taste, I guess we all still can have our own (and talk about it), can't we?
Not when it comes to u-he. :x Thou shalt not speak an ill word of any u-he creation or thee fanbois will come out from the shadows to rip into anyone and everyone that dares to show anything less than pure adulation! Heaven help he/she that isn't completely awestruck!
:) So true.
Love Repro though.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:57 am
Russell Grand wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:55 am
:) So true.
Love Repro though.
I love Repro too, as well as Zebra and DIVA. I don't have an issue with u-he, they make some excellent plugs. I just think u-he fanbois are ridiculous. :hihi:

No I'm not ridiculous, I mean...(cough...cough) no they're not! :hihi:

Seriously though, I haven't tried Super 8 yet, but I have FM8, the original MASSIVE, Kontour, and the older Battery 3 too. Great products. :)

Oh noes, the next NI drama on KVR. :lol:

can anyone recall, did Starlight also go up in price or was it always $199

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Has anyone ever paid 'full list price' for any single instrument from NI? There pricing policy seems to be honed to direct you to the 'supurb value' of Komplete over the comparatively high price put on some of the individual instruments.

It's all being set up for subscription (isn't everything!)....access 'One Million Dollars' worth of instruments for just $9.99 a month....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

telecode wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:42 am can anyone recall, did Starlight also go up in price or was it always $199
Straylight is $/€149 currently.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... traylight/

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:44 am
telecode wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:42 am can anyone recall, did Starlight also go up in price or was it always $199
Straylight is $/€149 currently.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... traylight/
I am in Canada and the prices reflect local currency. I guess my question was, was it always $149 Euros?

Yes.

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:10 pm 99? Wow, suddenly it became not worth its price, imho
Ah well. I was considering it for the lower price since I don't really need another synth, and could rationalize it as being "close to $50" as opposed to the $100 level. Maybe when I finally upgrade Komplete 12 in 2+ years 'll get some use out of it.

I used a NI voucher and purchased the Super 8 for cheap. I never bonded with the instrument. One of my VST/AU regrets. I find Diva (and especially Zebra) much more to my musical taste.

Return to “Instruments”